Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
It states to us that Satan persuaded them to deny and tell the truth to peter, and so lie to the Holy Spirit, but Satan did not enter into them and possess them as he did Judas!
Acts5v3But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart for you to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back from the proceeds of the land?

Shame on you, despite the undeniable plain meaning of the words in both English and Greek, you still try to bend the meaning completely out of shape.

That verse states incredibly clearly that Satan filled Ananias's heart, and you still fight it.
Acts5v3But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart for you to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back from the proceeds of the land?

Just so there's no mistake, when the above verse talks about Satan filling Ananias's heart, it is the same Greek word used by Paul in Ephesians where he commands them to be filled with the spirit rather than getting drunk with wine.

Read it again, read it honestly this time!

You cannot bear the truth because it'll shake your whole foundation of cessationism.
As proved unequivocally above, Christians most certainly can have a demon.

Those who believe in the gifts have verified that many times by casting demons out of Christians for decades.

PS.
Just in case you missed it.-

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Not ONE verse that commands us to seek the "Baptism in the Holy Ghostbut that ALL are indwelt, and can also ALL be refilled continentally by Holy Spirit ! Do you see only tongue speakers can be infilled then by Him?
You are obviously speaking in tongues, because having read it several times I have no clue what it means.
Please interpret it into plain English if you want me to answer.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Shame on you, despite the undeniable plain meaning of the words in both English and Greek, you still try to bend the meaning completely out of shape.

That verse states incredibly clearly that Satan filled Ananias's heart, and you still fight it.

Just so there's no mistake, when the above verse talks about Satan filling Ananias's heart, it is the same Greek word used by Paul in Ephesians where he commands them to be filled with the spirit rather than getting drunk with wine.

Read it again, read it honestly this time!

You cannot bear the truth because it'll shake your whole foundation of cessationism.
As proved unequivocally above, Christians most certainly can have a demon.

Those who believe in the gifts have verified that many times by casting demons out of Christians for decades.

PS.
Just in case you missed it.-
Is their a difference between possession and filling one’s heart?

Jesus told Peter “Get behind me Satan” yet Peter was a disciple when that occured, he later became an Apostle and was the rock that Christ built His church on.

So maybe study the difference a little more. Seem to be very different things. The bold red text is a little much.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Is their a difference between possession and filling one’s heart?
In my view, "possessed by demons" is a very flawed translation, not found in the Greek.

The Greek word commonly translated as "possessed" is daimonízomai, which essentially means "demonised", and conveys nothing about being owned by a demon.
You can read into that whatever you like, as long as it stays with the particular context of the verses.

I never use the word "possessed" and have repeatedly challenged cessationists on using it as it invariably raises fruitless arguments.

In contrast Peter's statement to Ananias, "how has Satan filled your heart" uses the same Greek word "filled" as Paul uses for being "filled with the Holy Spirit" in Ephesians.
Jesus told Peter “Get behind me Satan” yet Peter was a disciple when that occured,
This is completely irrelevant to Ananias's situation.
he later became an Apostle and was the rock that Christ built His church on.
Now you are certainly just quoting Catholic tradition.
Peter is a loose pebble, and was never the rock on which the church was built.
Its best not for discussion here as its irrelevant either way, but if you wish I can explain it elsewhere. ie. message me.
So maybe study the difference a little more. Seem to be very different things. The bold red text is a little much.
You need to study the words, that's for sure.
I bold the text to highlight the specifics, especially when people are denying the plain and simple words.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God wants all of to live by faith, bit not all of us to exercise the gift of faith!
And if I was to come down with cancer for example, is that satan hitting me, or just due to me still living under a cursed world?
Just be assured..its not God. Dont be like jobd councillors.do not charge God with doing evil

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
You are commiting hersy here, by denying that Jesus was still God while here on earth,
Foolish nonsense, go and read what I said properly.
Of course Jesus was still God whilst on earth.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said believing testimonies of people you do not know in real life, that are nameless and faceless on the Internet I hold those testimonies suspect.

That is only sensible unless one wants to belief something so badly they loose diligence.
Thats not diligence it is selected bias.

You do not know the apostles but by peices of paper written 1900 years ago..
Believing testimony is not gullible
Its called "believing".

We have testified of
- tongues.
-Interpretation of tongues of non believers.
-healings
-demons manifesting and being cast out.

Our testimony agrees with the bible and testifies of the power of God in christ being Fully ACTIVE today and Not ceased .

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
NONE here are saying that all gifts ceased, just that the ones given to the Apostles themselves have! And that there is no ongoing revelations coming forth from God either!
Paul clearly made use of all the gifts, as I presume did the other apostles.
So whether you like it or not, Cessationists are still claiming all the gifts are ceased.

Alternatively, you could just let go of your obsession, and accept that Christians all over the world are still using the gifts today. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the end, God is not going to judge a cessationist harshly. Although many don’t want to admit it, there is significant scripture against it plus theirs a lot of strangeness out there.

However those who say they have the Holy Spirit, if it’s another spirit, I think God will have a big problem with that.

So I think we are safe. Those who believe like you do. Who knows. Probably depends on what kind of spirit you got.
Seriously. You think having a form of Godliness but denying the power thete of (authority) is a small thing??

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This thread is getting really ugly and since contuists cant help but make it personal, I’m going to find other threads with non accusatory posters.
You mean a thread where people dont come on and call people gullible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Foolish nonsense, go and read what I said properly.
Of course Jesus was still God whilst on earth.
Lets just go all out ..where does the bible say jesus was still God while he was flesh ...
Its ok he is the word become flesh john 1. Love it .believe it. But the concept that the son is the father while the son was on earth is taught.
Not written .
Sure i know the verses that will be quoted .but they dont actually say what people want them to say.
Jesus came from... And returned to..
But while here..he was fully flesh and blood in absolute sense.
Sure..in him dwelled the fullness of the Godhead bodily. Agreed.
But it doesn't say he (in the flesh ) is the fullness of the Godhead.. Only that it dwelled in him . etc .
There are so very many traditions of doctrine. But so many are based upon a preset concept passed on by men . that are not actually written .

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON