Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Today we lost our beloved Kaiser, the shining star of the fashion world, Karl Lagerfeld. I am indebted to his creative genius and greatness. He is my inspiration for all things fashion and sorely missed. Oftentimes we underestimate our potential. His passing is another reminder to use what I've received to the best of my ability.

This is an early sketch of his from 1964. Designer's weren't permitted to sign their work. But Karl wasn't the sort to follow others. He was a trailblazer.

lagerfeld sketch.jpg

If we hold to the path that God has set before us. We may find it leads to unexpected places. Like recreating carousels, airlines, rocketships, and the beach. His shows were legendary. He designed them all and did his own photography.

chanel carousel.jpg
chanel airline.jpg
chanel rocket ship.jpg
chanel beach.jpg

Perseverance and discipline look different for us each. We may find our end looks better than the beginning. From a sketch to a garden at the Grand Palais.

—Karl Lagerfeld, Creative Director for Chanel, Fendi, Karl Lagerfeld; formerly Chloe, Jean Patou, and many more. R.I.P :crosseo:

chanel last show.jpg

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
“For one will scarcely die for a righteous person-though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die- but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” - Romans 5:7-8

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yesterday, I mourned the loss of my fashion inspiration. I spent the day in thought and read about his achievements until the wee hours. His life exemplified the single-minded focus of someone wholly devoted to their craft. He was a master craftsman and conversant on everything that touched fashion near and far. He never attended art, fashion design, or business school. But that didn't prevent him from turning a failing design house into the most recognizable and profitable brands today.

I came away with great peace and respect for the discipline and thirst for life he exhibited. He didn't muse about the past or move swiftly to the future. He lived each day at its fullest. Sometimes I wonder if heaven has prevented many from doing the same. And I wonder why we don't have the same impact on society. If we sought to master the task God has given us to perform with single-minded discipline; the world would be a different place. We'd produce our own Oprah, Steve, Bill Gates, and Zuck. We'd achieve amazing feats through the Holy Spirit's assistance.

"Whatever you do, work at it with your whole being, for the Lord and not for men."

I don't believe that supports anything less than 100%.

Reactions: Rigatoni
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God reminded me this morning that He must be my source and foundation, and that true contentment is found within Him. I feel such peace in Him right now.

I'm also thankful I got to spend time with family again recently, including with my "destructive" nephew, lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Heaven? Don't you mean Satan? Why would anyone in heaven want to keep you from that?

No, I didn't mean Satan. The comment is addressing the focus on what's to come as opposed to the here and now.

Upvote 0

justme6272

Jul 3, 2011
✟88,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, I didn't mean Satan. The comment is addressing the focus on what's to come as opposed to the here and now.
I just realized this was the POSITIVE THREAD so I'm deleting all that I typed. It wasn't positive. It was about using heaven as an excuse to be lazy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you mean people sort of buying time until they die and go to heaven instead of seeking to accomplish much while alive, (an excuse to be lazy), then I understand. If not, then I don't, but that's ok. I don't want to keep beating a dead horse and being a pain.

That's what I was referring to. But our conversation has given me a different perspective. My mindset has been developed over time. I didn't wake up one day and knock out 300 books in a year. It's the result of a long pattern of self-improvement that I've learned to gamify. Beating 'me' is a thrill. But I don't believe that's a must for others. They have to find their own rhythm.

Retirement in my family meant hanging around the house all day with no particular hobbies or interests, like an entitlement to be lazy after working all their lives. Society seemed to agree except now they're saying people will be forced to retire later cause they won't be able to afford to. And with that, I'm gonna finally put on an online sermon and try to fall asleep to it. With any luck, I'll wake up not thinking much about last night. I'm totally dependent on God to make that happen.

I will work until my last breath because that's my DNA. I don't know how to do otherwise. I love working for Him. It brings me joy. But I'm aware there are those who look forward to their downtime.

Upvote 0

justme6272

Jul 3, 2011
✟88,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's what I was referring to.
I reply, then you hit reply and start typing, then while you're typing I edit my reply, then what I edited is not what you quote by the time you click on 'post reply.' lol

I can never get what I want to say correct the first time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I reply, then you hit reply and start typing, then while you're typing I edit my reply, then what I edited is not what you quote by the time you click on 'post reply.' lol

I can never get what I want to say correct the first time.

No worries. :)

Upvote 0

justme6272

Jul 3, 2011
✟88,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No worries. :)
Just found this. Thought you might like him at 17:40, it made me think of you regarding negative influences in the NYC 'art scene.' He even uses the word 'distraction' at one point. Then they pick up the topic of art again at 28:08 when it was never meant to be the focus of the interview. He talks about how he came up with and painted his own company name/logo. He uses lots of non-financial analogies to answer questions about financials. He's definitely his own man, admired by many.

I'll never forget being in Rome and seeing all the women on the sidewalks and mannequins in the windows wearing tight solid black polyester looking stretchy pants with bell bottoms and square toed shoes. I had heard of clothing buyers trying to get a jump on the 'latest fashion trends' by traveling to Europe, but didn't realize how easy it was. All you had to do was look around, then come back to the states and be the first store in your town to sell it and get a jump on the other stores in the mall. None of it was even close to being here yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Telling myself positive, calming things today, like "I'm loved." "I'm not around the people who hurt me anymore, I'm safe now." "I'll be okay." "I don't know what's ahead, but I do know that God will be with me through it all, He will never leave me." Maybe thinking things like these can help you too. :purpleheart:

I also know that I tend to rush through most things, gotta slow down and enjoy them.

Upvote 0