Grove, Ok.
✟46,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
It is impossible to weaken the Word of God.

1 John 4
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist

Scripture to back the claim that the 'spirit of revelation' is no longer active and the Holy Spirit within us is silent.
The Word of God is The Holy Spirit communication...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟171,109.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the 4th time....

The "anointing" that "abides in you" in 1 John 2:27 is the same thing that "abides in you" a few verses earlier in v24 and v14, which is referring to the message of the apostles ie. the written/spoken word of God. It is the same Greek word menó.

v24 "Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father."
v14 "the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.

That is what "abides in you" in v27.
Lets look at the verse again here,

“But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” ( 1 John 2:27)

We read of Jesus using the word "receive" the Spirit here and he uses the word "in" you. This is an inward spiritual thing in the heart. This is not speaking of just hearing outwardly things preached. Even then a person must have spiritual ears to hear in the heart where the seed, word is sown that gives life.And where Christ dwells their heart by faith.

But back to the word "receive". We see that the "of him" in that verse refers to Jesus for we read of Jesus doing similar things and Jesus baptoi us with the Holy Ghost.

“And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:” (John 20:22)

and we read.

“John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.” (John 3:27)

This shows the heavenly direction of receiving.

John also speaks of the Father and the Son in believers and they abiding in them and of the Spirit that is given to us and the word abide is used often by John, in different uses. John writes of Jesus uses this word "abide" ( remain) as well, In this section in vs 27 he is referring to the Spirit in them. And the things and teaching of the Spirit .

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me." John 15:4

"...
He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." 2 John 9)

" And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us" ( 1 John 3:24)

"6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. " 1 John 3:6)

So clearly, Jesus Christ is in believers and we also have the Father and the Spirit as well.

But when John uses the word "anointing" meaning "unction" or "spiritual endowment", He just previously used it in vs 20

"But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things." ( 1 John 2:20).

They didn't have all scripture collected yet So this speaks of a spiritual unction from God in them to know all things. If "all things" meant scripture alone, there are many other things that are not written down as John mentions in the book of John. How could we know :all things: if that only referred to scripture? For scripture does not write down all things of God..

This word "unction" is not referring to the spoken word outside them but an inward anointing of the Spirit. John said that the anointing ( unction in vs 20) abides in them also. This was from God.

When they first heard Christ speaking in their heart and the seed was sown inwardly, this is where the word of God gives life (John 6:63) and they are born again by the word of God. This inner word or seed or Light is Christ word working in the heart. This is how they hear in the beginning. Today if you hear His voice harden not your hearts. We read of the seed won in the hearts which is the word of God and in the heart they hear it and if they hear with those ears they have life. The stress of Johns words is abides in you. He speaks of the inner working of God and we read of Jesus Christ abiding in them and the Father and the anointing. John speaks of the trinity idea in many of His writings by the Spirit.

It cannot refer to the Holy Spirit as John says that "it has taught you". Whatever taught them was not a person. John would not use the neuter pronoun if he was referring to the Holy Spirit.
so when John says they have the anointing to teach them all things and is truth, this is telling here, we read,

"but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.”
The "thing" taught, the "truth" taught is referred to as "it". Its like saying what the Spirit taught is truth and that truth , it will instruct you in the way. The "it" referring to the thing taught or truth taught in the anointing of the Spirit. Then John goes back to the word "him" and says that the abiding relates to abiding in "Him". This shows the inward personal relation to God in us. This anointing was received of him. We know that Jesus baptizes us with the Holy Ghost. and we also read,

"Now he which stablisheth us with you
in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God; 22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts." ( 2 Corinthians 1:21)

also consider

"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD:"

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟171,109.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the 4th time....

The "anointing" that "abides in you" in 1 John 2:27 is the same thing that "abides in you" a few verses earlier in v24 and v14, which is referring to the message of the apostles ie. the written/spoken word of God. It is the same Greek word menó.

v24 "Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father."
v14 "the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.

That is what "abides in you" in v27.

It cannot refer to the Holy Spirit as John says that "it has taught you". Whatever taught them was not a person. John would not use the neuter pronoun if he was referring to the Holy Spirit.

There is no mention of the Holy Spirit in John's epistle until the end of the next chapter.

And there is certainly no mention of impressions/leadings/pressings of the spirit.

OTHER COMMENTATORS WHO AGREE AGAINST YOUR VIEW AND THAT THE ANOINTING IS THE SPIRIT

I will also show you that I am not alone in understanding that the anointing is the Spirit in believers. Here are a few similar commentaries on this, since you like to see others comments. But I do not need these other comments to understand what God shows in this section and the reality of the unction given to all the believers in Christ who have the Holy Ghost. But I will use these for now. I don;t have to agree with all these men say to at least show some common understanding.

"So, what is this anointing that God bestows upon every believer? At the moment of salvation, every Christian receives the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38; Galatians 3:2; Ephesians 1:13–14;... The anointing refers to the presence and empowering work of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Wherever the Holy Spirit dwells, the anointing remains. This means that all genuine Christians are anointed, with no distinction among them. While we possess different gifts (1 Corinthians 12:8–11; Romans 12:6–18; 1 Peter 4:10–11) and vary in our maturity, the anointing remains the same for all Christians....Second, we should acknowledge that the Holy Spirit serves as our ultimate teacher and guide, as demonstrated in 1 John 2:27. "

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary "The Spirit of truth will not lie; and he teaches all things in the present dispensation, all things necessary to our knowledge of God in Christ, and their glory in the gospel. The apostle repeats the kind words, little children; which denotes his affection. He would persuade by love. Gospel privileges oblige to gospel duties; and those anointed by the Lord Jesus abide with him. The new spiritual nature is from the Lord Christ."

Expositor's Greek Testament 1 John 2:27. The ground of the Apostle’s confidence in his readers. They need not be taught but only reminded. ἀλλʼ ὡς, κ.τ.λ., a single sentence with one apodosis. Vulg. makes it a double sentence with two apodoses: “as His chrism is teaching you regarding all things, it is indeed true and is not a lie; and even as it taught you, abide in Him”. Reading ἀλλά, translate: “ye have no need that any one should teach you, but His chrism is teaching you … a lie; and even as, etc.” διδάσκει, of the continued teaching by the grace of the Spirit; ἐδίδαξεν, of the illumination at the hour of conversion. μένετε, plainly imperat. in next ver., can hardly be indicat. here (“ye are abiding”). The reading μενεῖτε (“ye shall abide”) would express the Apostle’s confidence in the steadfastness of his readers,"

and another,

"abiding or remaining is evident, seen already in this chapter in verses 6, 10, 14, 17, and 24, as well as again in verse 28. John acknowledges God's Spirit in believers. He also refers to the ability of the Holy Spirit to help believers understand what is right and wrong. However, this does not mean teaching from other people is unimportant. Instead, John spoke against false teaching and served as a teacher to his readers."

and another

"John then summarizes the first half of the verse. The Holy Spirit—His anointing—teaches believers about all things and is true. In the same way, believers should abide or remain in Christ. In particular, we should respond to the teaching of the Holy Spirit, choosing to follow what He teaches us."

and another

"John is alluding to the basic fact that at regeneration, the Holy Spirit makes us His home. It is stated plainly in verses like these:

"When
you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit" (Ephesians 1:13).

"God put His seal on us and has given us
His Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee." (2 Corinthians 1:22).

Our Teacher

And
this anointing, the Holy Spirit, is our teacher. So much so, John writes, And you have no need that anyone should teach you (27). Now, I should mention that there are some scholars who think John is only referring to the original hearers, or even only the teachers of their churches, many of whom John would've known. They were Christians John felt were already rock solid.

But it seems John thought more broadly. He went on to say,
His anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie (27). He envisioned an ongoing work of the Spirit. Steadily, the Spirit of God would lead and teach God's people.

John is not saying, “Forget all human teachers.” He wants only for Christians to understand that
they possess the Holy Spirit and that the Spirit will testify to them of the truth of Christ."

And hen John says we have not need that any man should teach us, he is speaking of the natural men who have not the Spirit and who walk in their own fleshly mind and mans wisdom and who are false . We know that God speaks to us through the body and among the body is given the gift of teachers. The teacher should be in some measure teaching what he has been taught by the Spirit and also according to scripture that will not contradict and the body as a whole."

and another

"Well," John says, "you have an anointing which abides in you for that very purpose." This does not mean, of course, that Christians can never go astray, because they do. But it does mean that, when they go astray, they do so either because they have been ignorant of the anointing, or are resistant to the teaching of the Holy Spirit within."

"Geneva Study Bible But the {t} anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye {u} need not that any man teach you: but as the same {x} anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

(t)
The Spirit who you have received from Christ, and who has led you into all truth."

and another

" At the moment of salvation, believers are indwelt by the Holy Spirit and joined to Christ, the Anointed One. As a result, we partake of His anointing (2 Corinthians 1:21–22). According to one scholar, this anointing “expresses the sanctifying influences of the Holy Spirit upon Christians who are priests and kings unto God” (Smith, W., “Anointing,” Smith’s Bible Dictionary, revised ed., Thomas Nelson, 2004)."

Most understand the anointing to be the Spirit. Your view is wrong and not according to scripture. You seem to confound the different parts of the trinity that are in believers. And the word abide and the many ways it is used in relation to various aspects of our inward life and walk.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟171,109.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Scripture is the help of The Holy Spirit.... it is the truth delivered by The Holy Spirit to set men free from lies:
John 17:17 (KJV)
[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth
John 8:32 (KJV)
[32] And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

What will set them free His Word not spiritual intuitions floating around in the minds of men...
“Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.” (Psalms 51:6)

"11 Now the parable is this: The
seed is the word of God. 12Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. 14And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. 15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience. " (Luke 8:11-15)

"It is the
spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." ( John 5:63)

Abrahams and other OT saints did not all have the scriptures yet. But they had Christ in them, the word of Christ to give life. They had faith, which is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11). Christ in you is the hope of glory, They had Christ dwelling in their hearts, Fr Christ dwells in our hearts by faith.

"Now to
Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ....29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Galatians 3:16,29)

Upvote 0

enoob57

Feb 16, 2022
Grove, Ok.
✟46,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Abrahams and other OT saints did not all have the scriptures yet. But they had Christ in them, the word of Christ to give life.
It is not specific how God's Word was communicated but that it was... We did not have the indwelling of God till Pentecost...

They had faith, which is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11).
The substance of faith is generated by God's communication to us... today it is called Scripture
Romans 10:17 (KJV)
[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Christ in you is the hope of glory, They had Christ dwelling in their hearts, Fr Christ dwells in our hearts by faith.
We did not have the indwelling of God till Pentecost...

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟902,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus ajso spoke in Paul, that would be in spirit. 2 Corinthians 13;3-5. The Spirit of Jesus Christ is in Paul and believers . This is also the Spirit of Gods Son
Yes I agree but we were talking about hearing an actual audible voice with our ears. I’ve never experienced that.

• Useful
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟125,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Jeremiah 23:21 “I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.” I get so sick of the "God told me, God Spoke to Me" or the "God sent me to hell and back" extra biblical nonsense, it's always someone who says you lose your salvation by not living right, works salvation. Peter said we have a more sure word of prophecy, Paul said "But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away." Hey, we don't need any extra biblical revelation today. God spoke audibly at one time but we have the full word of God now all the counsel of God and need not go outside of it for any reason or any revelation. Watch out for these false prophets who say they took a trip to Hell and came back, or God told them to eat at KFC today or other extra biblical nonsense. "God told me this, God told me that" God says I sent them not, these are false prophets. they speak not according to the word, there is no light in them.

If you want to hear from God read his word. has nothing to do with God showing you some extra biblical revelation, don't go outside of what is written, God will never contradict his word. books read them cover to cover, stop looking for extra biblical revelation, God has given to us all that we need, 66 God breathed books, and they are truth meditate on his word day and night. stop this extra biblical nonsense.

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

2 Peter 1:21 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Corinthians 15:3-4 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans 3:27-28 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Without "extra-biblical revelation", there would be no personal relationship with the Lord.
When someone says "the Lord told me" accurately it applies to them, for them to receive.
They are not prophesying and it is totally scriptural.
This is referred to as a "precept", and it is defined as "a personal mandate". [H6490] piqqudim
For example:

1 Samuel 23:
1 Then they told David, saying, Look, the Philistines are fighting against Keilah,
and they are robbing the threshing floors.
2 Therefore David inquired of the Lord, saying, “Shall I go and attack these Philistines?
And the Lord said to David, Go and attack the Philistines, and save Keilah.
3 But David’s men said to him, Look, we are afraid here in Judah.
How much more then if we go to Keilah against the armies of the Philistines?
4 Then David inquired of the Lord once again.
And the Lord answered him and said, Arise, go down to Keilah.
For I will deliver the Philistines into your hand.

If someone says "the Lord told me to sell my truck and donate the money to
the church", you can think "I don't believe that, but whatever..." or,
Respond in love.

1 Corinthians 13:7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Note: I obviously joined the discussion late, and admit that I did not read through every post,
so if I stepped on any toes or heels, I apologize.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟125,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes I agree but we were talking about hearing an actual audible voice with our ears. I’ve never experienced that.
I have heard the Lord speak to my heart many times, even in very public places, and heard His Voice "as clearly as if" I was listening to someone speak audibly. It was only in looking around that I could confirm that no one else heard, in spite of the fact that I was sure I had heard a voice. This is totally scriptural.
Ezekiel 3:10 Moreover He said to me: Son of man, receive into your heart all My words that I speak to you,
and hear with your ears.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,220.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Scripture is the help of The Holy Spirit....

You raise the Scripture to become part of the trinity.

This is serious error.

The Scripture without the Holy Spirit has led many astray.

Satan used the Scripture without the Holy Spirit when tempting Jesus... Jesus did not submit to the references he was quoting.

Upvote 0

John Lamb

Jan 2, 2024
Douglas IOM
✟2,851.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God has spoken to me since 1990. I only found out in 2018, after He awakened me to know it was Him. He speaks predominantly in thought form and has gracefully and luckily given me lots of wisdom. I know how the sceptics think and have always given very little extra-biblical information to anybody. But if you knew the imminent year of the rapture based on hidden timings and prophecy in the Bible, would you be selfish?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,220.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Word of God is The Holy Spirit communication...

I suspect we have a conflict of definition right there...

You use the term 'Word of God' to represent the Scripture.

But we know that the Living Eternal Word of God was active well before any word of Scripture was written.

In fact the Word of God (Logos) is Jesus not the Bible.

To make this distinction it is wiser to use a small w for the Scriptures i.e. 'word of God'

So yes the Word of God (Jesus) is the Holy Spirit communication.

Not the Scriptures.

To raise the Scriptures into the trinity is idolatry.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟125,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
1 John 2: 27. But the anointing which ye have of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.”
The Anointing is a corporate manifestation of the indwelling Spirit.
"the anointing which ye have" ye=[G5210] hymeis-plural,
as in "you all", or "ya'll" in the South.
The Word of the Lord manifests in "the breaking of bread".

1 Corinthians 14:26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine,
hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

Individual inspiration is confirmed among the saints because:
1 Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all:

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟171,109.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is not specific how God's Word was communicated but that it was... We did not have the indwelling of God till Pentecost...

The substance of faith is generated by God's communication to us... today it is called Scripture
Romans 10:17 (KJV)
[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

We did not have the indwelling of God till Pentecost...
Yes they did they have the new birth in the OT and they had Christ in them. They also had the Spirit of the Father speaking in them i before Pentecost.

I will have to get back to this later busy now.

But there is a lot of proof scriptural it for what I share here. They did not have the baptism with the Holy Ghost yet. But there is a Trinity involved here.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Jun 29, 2015
✟171,109.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At the time and context of this written message the Scripture was not fully come in to the Church... Ephesians was written around 60-63 AD- 30 years yet to go before The Holy Spirit would be finished communicating to His Church... They did not at the time have the blessing we do by having the completed Word of God to examine, meditate, learn of for guidance!
They had the scriptures and the scriptures they had were able through faith to make them wise unto salvation as God’s would lead. We read,

2 Timothy 3: 15. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17. That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.”

This was referring to OT scriptures.

Upvote 0

enoob57

Feb 16, 2022
Grove, Ok.
✟46,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
You raise the Scripture to become part of the trinity.

This is serious error.

The Scripture without the Holy Spirit has led many astray.

Satan used the Scripture without the Holy Spirit when tempting Jesus... Jesus did not submit to the references he was quoting.
Never said this ... but neither have I tried to pit God's Word against God Himself...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

enoob57

Feb 16, 2022
Grove, Ok.
✟46,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced

But we know that the Living Eternal Word of God was active well before any word of Scripture was written.

To make this distinction it is wiser to use a small w for the Scriptures i.e. 'word of God'

Not the Scriptures.

I suggest you read Psalm 119... like I said the charismatic persuasion has a much lower regard for Scripture than God has...

Upvote 0

enoob57

Feb 16, 2022
Grove, Ok.
✟46,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes they did they have the new birth in the OT
I'm sorry but we will not be able to communicate... you do not even know the difference between law and grace...
2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)
[15] Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

There are necessary divisions in God's Word I suggest you study to learn them...

Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟168,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Not the Scriptures.

Old translations muck things up a lot of times,...

Rom 10:17 So faith cometh of hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

Older manuscripts tend to show how people changed this at some point in later texts, thereby creating a false dependency on scripture instead of Jesus.

Upvote 0

enoob57

Feb 16, 2022
Grove, Ok.
✟46,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟168,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not interested in your deflection, my point stands, the older Greek manuscripts have "word of Christ" instead of the later corruption of word of "GOD."

And this makes perfect sense since we live by the faith "OF" The Son of GOD. Trying to live by faith in the word of GOD instead of what Jesus commands us is missing the mark. Big time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.