The People of California are unanimous: Keep Traditional Marriage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantata

Queer non-theist, with added jam.
Feb 20, 2007
Oxford, UK
✟24,693.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Yeah. It's a common mistake that people make. People form their opinions based on all sorts of things. Our country just voted in a right wing government by a large margin. the biggest reason was that people wanted a change. That's not really a reason, but I can understand the psychology behind it.

Advertising managed to scare a lot of people in California. They were lied to about Prop 8 and in the end, those lies swayed enough people. But they weren't monsters hell bent on denying gays their rights. Do doubt a small percentage were but most just wanted what they thought was best. It will change over time.

It clearly will, and that's where the hope lies, I think; I wonder if people realise that in 30, 20, maybe even only 10 years, a large proportion of those who voted Yes on Prop 8 will probably feel deeply ashamed of themselves.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah. It's a common mistake that people make. People form their opinions based on all sorts of things. Our country just voted in a right wing government by a large margin. the biggest reason was that people wanted a change. That's not really a reason, but I can understand the psychology behind it.

Advertising managed to scare a lot of people in California. They were lied to about Prop 8 and in the end, those lies swayed enough people. But they weren't monsters hell bent on denying gays their rights. Do doubt a small percentage were but most just wanted what they thought was best. It will change over time.
Helen clarke is out? Good ridance to the backwards Olympic flame wielding waste of space.

But hey, its New Zealand... I guess even the worst possible government can't do too much damage over there.

Upvote 0

StarCannon

Warmaster
Oct 27, 2007
At home.
✟9,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Proposition 8 wins 51%-49% and a tremendous victory for our high ethical standards.

"High ethical standards?" Don't make me laugh. Tremendous victory? I don't think so. By passing Prop. 8, not only has California guranteed a culture war, california has guranteed a culture war in I will be participating in. No longer will I sit by and watch the rights of my fellow citizens eroded by pointless christian doctrine. No, I won't do that anymore.

Congratulations, Californians: You have initiated a firestorm.

Reactions: PsychMJC
Upvote 0

Ryal Kane

Senior Veteran
Apr 21, 2004
Hamilton
✟13,720.00
Faith
Atheist
Helen clarke is out? Good ridance to the backwards Olympic flame wielding waste of space.

But hey, its New Zealand... I guess even the worst possible government can't do too much damage over there.

That's just the sort of response I'd expect from a Christian, Woman, Homosexual, Soldier, Pro-life Pro-choice......hey wait...that's your sig...;)

Yeah, a lot of people didn't like her. I'm left wing so I didn't want a national government but you're (hopefully) correct that they won't do too much damage.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.