✟3,456.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Back to the original post

Will fasting as celibacy destroy all sin. No. We do not see that in the Bible. Fasting has value to increase our spiritual awareness and draw us closer to God, celibacy Paul said was good, but arguably not better than marriage.

The only way to be rid of sin is to accept justification of past sins and sanctification through faith in Jesus Christ (the short and nasty version). To clarify we can never be in a state where we cannot sin, we will always be tempted.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
They are two different statements. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

If you ask me to pay for something, I must make a payment for you to recieve it IE Jesus paying the price of sin for our eternal life. If you ask me to take something away from you, I must take the thing away from you. IE Jesus taking away sin can only mean he took the sin away.

Thats not what the statement "take away sin" means. Had you originally said "Paid for sin" there would have been no disagreement.

You are the one taking it out of context.

Thats not what that means, you are twisting scripture taking it out of context, read the full chapter. Before this Jesus says that even looking at a woman with lust in your heart is adultery. He is talking about sins, not faith. You are the one changing context.

Here is another from matthew your belief requires you twist/ignore.

Matt 7:21-23
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Not sue about you but i can not stay up all night, and this morning i have to go to work.

So all i have time for to say about another verse you are posting is. The people Jesus is speaking about are not or were never believers (I never knew you), so that is why they end up in the lake of fire

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟324,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
An animal cannot choose the path of celibacy or refrain from eating (fasting). Only a man can choose this path.

When we refrain from eating or choose the path of celibacy, our soul is in control of our flesh. Is this proof a man has a soul?

Is it safe to say,
Fasting & the path of Celibacy will destroy all sin.

Do we see this in the Gospel?
Jesus condemned sin in the flesh so that it can now be overcome (Rom 8:3-4,12-14), slaves to righteousness now rather than slaves to sin (Rom 6). The past is forgiven-and as to the future we have the power of the Spirit to live rightly from here on out. And every effort we make to be holy is a nod to our need for that holiness and our need for Him in order to be able to attain it. Self-control is a big part of what man lost at the Fall, Now we begin to cultivate it in a partnership or union with God that man was made for, and that Jesus accomplished by reconciling us with God.. This is how we work out our salvation, with the righteousness that results from the seed of God being planted within us. We must embrace, "invest", express, and otherwise act upon this grace as we pick up our cross and follow daily.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is another false accusation you make against the post i have made. Not one single time did i ever say all mankind s saved.
When you misspeak saying "Jesus took away all sin of believers and non believers" you imply it. Words matter, the way you say things matter. Jesus DID NOT "take away all sins of believers and non believers", the bible does not say this. If that was the case we would not be sinners and thats not true, he paid the price for for our sins past, present, and future, but there is still sin in the world making that statement false. If Jesus "took away all sin for believers and non believers" there would be no sin and we would all be saved regardless of faith and the universalists would be right because that statement implies there is no more sin in the world.

Look back to my very first response to you. You said "Jesus took away all sin of believers and non believers" I replied "Jesus paid the price of sin for those that believe in him" and you erroneously responded "thats not what the bible says." Now you have changed your tune and agree that the bible says Jesus paid the price for sin for those that believe in him. Im glad I was able to straighten you out here because you now clearly agree that Jesus paid for our sins, not that he "took them away for believers and non believers". The bible doesnt say THAT. Had you not argued otherwise, we wouldn't be having this debate in the first place.

Stop using that phrase, it misrepresents your beliefs and contrary to what you said earlier the bible doesn't say it. If you keep using it don't be surprised when someone takes issue with it and mislabels your beliefs based on your words.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FameBright

Jan 20, 2021
Biloxi
✟22,649.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Jesus took away the sin of the world
This would probably make more sense if you were to say Jesus takes away the sins of the world for those who believe in him.

1 John 1:9 (NIV): "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness"

There's obviously some conditions for the forgiveness of sin which is accessible to all.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
When you misspeak saying "Jesus took away all sin of believers and non believers" you imply it. Words matter, the way you say things matter. Jesus DID NOT "take away all sins of believers and non believers", the bible does not say this. If that was the case we would not be sinners and thats not true, he paid the price for for our sins past, present, and future, but there is still sin in the world making that statement false. If Jesus "took away all sin for believers and non believers" there would be no sin and we would all be saved regardless of faith and the universalists would be right because that statement implies there is no more sin in the world.

Look back to my very first response to you. You said "Jesus took away all sin of believers and non believers" I replied "Jesus paid the price of sin for those that believe in him" and you erroneously responded "thats not what the bible says." Now you have changed your tune and agree that the bible says Jesus paid the price for sin for those that believe in him. Im glad I was able to straighten you out here because you now clearly agree that Jesus paid for our sins, not that he "took them away for believers and non believers". The bible doesnt say THAT. Had you not argued otherwise, we wouldn't be having this debate in the first place.

Stop using that phrase, it misrepresents your beliefs and contrary to what you said earlier the bible doesn't say it. If you keep using it don't be surprised when someone takes issue with it and mislabels your beliefs based on your words.

I did not misspeak The Bible is clear Jesus paid and took away he sins of all humanity believers and unbelievers.

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This would probably make more sense if you were to say Jesus takes away the sins of the world for those who believe in him.

1 John 1:9 (NIV): "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness"

There's obviously some conditions for the forgiveness of sin which is accessible to all.

The Bible plainly does not say that Jesus, just took away the sins of believers.

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bones49
Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did not misspeak The Bible is clear Jesus paid and took away he sins of all humanity believers and unbelievers.

It does not. Christ's payment for sins is AVAILABLE to all, but unbelievers do not accept his payment and therefore must pay the price of their sins themselves, that price being 2nd death. Believing otherwise is ignoring all the scripture I have shared with you time and again. You even have other people telling you you are wrong now, and you still deny what scripture plainly tells you.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It does not. Christ's payment for sins is AVAILABLE to all, but unbelievers do not accept his payment and therefore must pay the price of their sins themselves, that price being 2nd death. Believing otherwise is ignoring all the scripture I have shared with you time and again. You even have other people telling you you are wrong now, and you still deny what scripture plainly tells you.

You can not prove your position from the great white throne judgment. You can not even make your case from the judgment of the sheep and goats. Not either one of these judgments, has sin as the reason the people are sent to the lake of fire

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can not prove your position from the great white throne judgment. You can not even make your case from the judgment of the sheep and goats. Not either one of these judgments, has sin as the reason the people are sent to the lake of fire
Ive already proven it as has the majority of christiandom that believes as I do only fringe groups like the universalists believe as you do.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Ive already proven it as has the majority of christiandom that believes as I do only fringe groups like the universalists believe as you do.
-
I will no longer reply to a person to continues to falsely accuse me of universalism. So if you quote any of my post on this thread or any other thread, i will not reply to you. I am through wasting my time on you.

Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
I will no longer reply to a person to continues to falsely accuse me of universalism. So if you quote any of my post on this thread or any other thread, i will not reply to you. I am through wasting my time on you.
I accept your concession, praise God its over.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
An animal cannot choose the path of celibacy or refrain from eating (fasting). Only a man can choose this path.

When we refrain from eating or choose the path of celibacy, our soul is in control of our flesh. Is this proof a man has a soul?

Is it safe to say,
Fasting & the path of Celibacy will destroy all sin.

Do we see this in the Gospel?
-
Here are correct teachings, on The Atonement and Jesus being the propitiation for all sins.

https://faithalone.org//wp-content/uploads/2019/11/4_hodges.pdf

Jesus Is the Propitiation for All, But Only the Mercy Seat for Believers: Romans 3:25 and 1 John 2:2 – Grace Evangelical Society

How Is Jesus the Propitiation of the World? (1 John 1:5-10, 2:2, and 1 Corinthians 6:8-12) – Grace Evangelical Society

Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟40,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I would rather argue that man is made "in the image of God".

The Jews historically believed that this meant that human beings were made
with intellectual ability, to think about the universe, and themselves, and God.

If you want to create an argument, I think that it is more important to argue
that human being's intellectual ability, is a mark of their uniqueness.

(This Jewish argument, would also imply that Christian denominations that
despise the intellect, also despise the image of God, in mankind.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums