Stafford
✟10,001.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Surely we have to use our intellect to decide whether it is a revelation from God.
I had a wonderful experience many years ago. I was driving home to have a quick lunch when suddenly I knew that God was real. I immediately felt exhilarated and was anxious to get home and tell my wife.She soon told other Christian friends.When I told the same story to a friend who was a neurology professor he said,how did you know that it was a message from God?
If your message about My Chutzpah was a compliment,many thanks.with love and best wishes,Kenneth.

I promised yesterday to explain a problem which I have had since I joined this group.
I didn't know whether I was allowed to mention that I have written a book about the Bible.
Therefore I asked Admin but got no reply.
However since then another member of the group has commented on my book and so I hope that it is in order for me to briefly mention the book.
The book is called A Nation Of A Lesser God.(Available on Amazon).
It is dedicated to the Glory of God.
I wrote it initially because I have never been able to accept that the God described in the O.T.is the one true God.
Later I realised that Christianity in the Western World is dying.
My book I hope will help to prevent this.
Most people know that history books claim that the Roman Emperor played the fiddle while Rome burned.
This story brings to mind a picture of very many Christians playing their violins,not while Rome burns,but while Christianity in the Western World dies.
Please don't let this happen.
May God bless all of us. Love Kenneth.

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In post #80 I posted the following and still through post #441 still no condemnation of what the Israelites have done and continue to do. You must be a Trump fan as well

Passover this if you dare
Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
  1. 6. Thou shalt not kill.
    7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
    8. Thou shalt not steal.
    9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
    10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
  2. (Exo 12:21 KJV) Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the Passover
  3. (Exo 12:22 KJV) And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the basin, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the basin; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning.
  4. (Exo 12:23 KJV) For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.
  5. (Exo 12:24 KJV) And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons forever.

The Lord I know would not condone the killing of anything, since He created it all. The term "hate" or "kill" is not in the Lord's vocabulary.

6th Commandment: Thou shalt not kill.

They defiled the Lord’s commandment then and they continue to defile the Lord today.

12 yr old boy SHOT DEAD in front of your eyes
    Updated 9.48 p.m., 3rd Oct 2000

A 12 Year old Boy Shot Dead in front of YOUR Eyes

The sad story of the never ending killing of Palestinian children by the Israeli Defense Force all in the name of self-defense.

Murdering little girls is an Israeli sport it seems

Gaza girl said killed
    By Amos Harel and Nir Hasson, Haaretz Correspondents,
    and Haaretz Service
    Thu., October 28, 2004
    IDF troops shot and killed an 8-year-old Palestinian girl who was on her way to school in a Gaza Strip refugee camp
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/494672.html

Photos of a 12 year old palestinian boy being shot by Israeli soldiers and the ambulance driver who tried to save him also being shot and killed.
    http://www.palestine-net.com/misc/durra/

Three-year-old Rawan Abu Zeid, who took bullets in the neck and head while buying candy with her friends.
    5 June 2004

The New Yorker’s Israel: Where Objectivity Fails

An eight-year-old Palestinian girl shot dead by Israeli troops in the central Gaza Strip was killed while showing off her new school uniform to friends
    http://tinyurl.com/99kh8zk

Boy of 17, shot by Israeli soldiers, left bleeding overnight to die
    September 8, 2003
    Haneen, who was eight years old, had been shot twice in the head by an Israeli soldier as she walked down the street in Khan Yunis refugee camp with her mother.

28 July 2003
    She was coming down the street and ran to me and hugged me, crying,
    'Mother, mother'. Two bullets hit her in the head, one straight after the other.
    She was still in my arms and she died."
    'I can't imagine anyone who considers himself a human being can do this'

IDF shoots 13-year-old girl in the back with 20 bullets and then the IDF commander goes over to the girl and shoots her again to make sure she was dead
    Tue., October 05, 2004
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/485274.html

I have never before watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport."
    http://www.israel-state-terrorism.org/children.html
    HonestReporting | Media Watchdog | Coverage of Israel | Anti-Israel Bias | Everything You Need to Know

Those who condone the murder of anyone; much less children are the Devil’s puppets who will get the Lord’s just reward.
    BTW: Moses murders a man in cold blood & then hides him in the sand
  6. The Lord is listening, condemn this for your own sake

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In post #80 I posted the following and still through post #441 still no condemnation of what the Israelites have done and continue to do. You must be a Trump fan as well

Passover this if you dare
Honor thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
  1. 6. Thou shalt not kill.
    7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
    8. Thou shalt not steal.
    9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
    10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbor's.
  2. (Exo 12:21 KJV) Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the Passover
  3. (Exo 12:22 KJV) And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the basin, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the basin; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning.
  4. (Exo 12:23 KJV) For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.
  5. (Exo 12:24 KJV) And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons forever.

The Lord I know would not condone the killing of anything, since He created it all. The term "hate" or "kill" is not in the Lord's vocabulary.

6th Commandment: Thou shalt not kill.

They defiled the Lord’s commandment then and they continue to defile the Lord today.

12 yr old boy SHOT DEAD in front of your eyes
    Updated 9.48 p.m., 3rd Oct 2000

A 12 Year old Boy Shot Dead in front of YOUR Eyes

The sad story of the never ending killing of Palestinian children by the Israeli Defense Force all in the name of self-defense.

Murdering little girls is an Israeli sport it seems

Gaza girl said killed
    By Amos Harel and Nir Hasson, Haaretz Correspondents,
    and Haaretz Service
    Thu., October 28, 2004
    IDF troops shot and killed an 8-year-old Palestinian girl who was on her way to school in a Gaza Strip refugee camp
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/494672.html

Photos of a 12 year old palestinian boy being shot by Israeli soldiers and the ambulance driver who tried to save him also being shot and killed.
    http://www.palestine-net.com/misc/durra/

Three-year-old Rawan Abu Zeid, who took bullets in the neck and head while buying candy with her friends.
    5 June 2004

The New Yorker’s Israel: Where Objectivity Fails

An eight-year-old Palestinian girl shot dead by Israeli troops in the central Gaza Strip was killed while showing off her new school uniform to friends
    http://tinyurl.com/99kh8zk

Boy of 17, shot by Israeli soldiers, left bleeding overnight to die
    September 8, 2003
    Haneen, who was eight years old, had been shot twice in the head by an Israeli soldier as she walked down the street in Khan Yunis refugee camp with her mother.

28 July 2003
    She was coming down the street and ran to me and hugged me, crying,
    'Mother, mother'. Two bullets hit her in the head, one straight after the other.
    She was still in my arms and she died."
    'I can't imagine anyone who considers himself a human being can do this'

IDF shoots 13-year-old girl in the back with 20 bullets and then the IDF commander goes over to the girl and shoots her again to make sure she was dead
    Tue., October 05, 2004
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/485274.html

I have never before watched soldiers entice children like mice into a trap and murder them for sport."
    http://www.israel-state-terrorism.org/children.html
    HonestReporting | Media Watchdog | Coverage of Israel | Anti-Israel Bias | Everything You Need to Know

Those who condone the murder of anyone; much less children are the Devil’s puppets who will get the Lord’s just reward.
    BTW: Moses murders a man in cold blood & then hides him in the sand
  6. The Lord is listening, condemn this for your own sake

There's been little response (I responded to you ! #135), because;
A). It's not your thread
B). It has nothing to do with the thread
C). You're not taking part in the thread.

Take it somewhere else, there's plenty of posts covering the middle east / Israel.
It would be very easy to find similar examples from the other way around, but it's not helping anything or saving lives to do so. Don't forget that the Palestinians have been immensely brutal in their attacks, so full of hatred are they that they have killed their OWN people in efforts to kill Jews.
It works both ways, and it's a tragic situation.
As I mentioned before, bringing it up on an utterly unrelated thread makes you seem irrational and overcome with hatred.

Upvote 0

tooldtocare

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2010
united states
✟18,750.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Looking at some of your list of sources, I'd be very careful with this kind of one-sided stuff..

One sided? This is what discussions are all about. One view and then the other. You discounted my sources yet you failed to contour it with evidence that contradicts what the evidence shows. Show me the counter argument and then we can talk. I might even destroy this evidence on my computer and never post it again.

Not least, It's obviously clouded your judgement.

I did not post a "judgement" but suggested googling the subject and then judge it yourself

into posting a whole raft of it into a thread that bears absolutely no connection to it.

After careful review I must agree with you. Such a post does not belong here

Forgive me :)-

Upvote 0

Nige55

Mar 2, 2012
✟68,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One sided? This is what discussions are all about. One view and then the other. You discounted my sources yet you failed to contour it with evidence that contradicts what the evidence shows. Show me the counter argument and then we can talk. I might even destroy this evidence on my computer and never post it again.

I did not post a "judgement" but suggested googling the subject and then judge it yourself

After careful review I must agree with you. Such a post does not belong here

Forgive me :)-

Good, thank you. let's leave that talk for somewhere else and not ram raid someone else's thread.

Upvote 0

curiouskay

Jun 10, 2017
dallas
✟39,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since the topic of this thread is "The Passover" I feel I can repeat this for comments and those who still celebrate this mass murder, please stand up and tell me why

Exo 12:21 KJV) Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.

(Exo 12:26 KJV) And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service?

(Exo 12:27 KJV) That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.

(Exo 12:28 KJV) And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.

(Exo 12:29) And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that {was} in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

(Exo 12:30 KJV) And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

I must ask, who here still celebrates this mass killing?

Who among you :)-

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Since the topic of this thread is "The Passover" I feel I can repeat this for comments and those who still celebrate this mass murder, please stand up and tell me why

Exo 12:21 KJV) Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the passover.

(Exo 12:26 KJV) And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean ye by this service?

(Exo 12:27 KJV) That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD'S passover, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and worshipped.

(Exo 12:28 KJV) And the children of Israel went away, and did as the LORD had commanded Moses and Aaron, so did they.

(Exo 12:29) And it came to pass, that at midnight the Lord smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that {was} in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

(Exo 12:30 KJV) And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

Jesus was killed. Your entire faith is centered on it.

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

curiouskay

Jun 10, 2017
dallas
✟39,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was killed. Your entire faith is centered on it.

Many wrongly believe it was the "Romans" who killed Jesus but they are wrong. It was the Jewish high priests who ordered the Romans to kill Jesus because Jesus was speaking the truth and it was the truth they wanted hidden, buried and forgotten

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kepha31

Jun 15, 2007
✟44,439.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Nobody celebrates mass killings. That's an absurd non sequitur. The Egyptians were killed because of the Pharaoh's hardness of heart.
TEXT without CONTEXT is a PRETEXT.

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

curiouskay

Jun 10, 2017
dallas
✟39,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your salvation is based on God being killed to atone for your sins..

To begin with "God" cannot be "killed" and secondly it was the Jews who ordered Jesus's death and it is the Jews who should be atoning for their sin in having Jesus killed

No genocide will ever compare with that.

Thank you for admitting that "the Passover" was indeed a "genocide".

Upvote 0

JDMiowa

Outside the box
Apr 9, 2012
✟22,015.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The death was placed on the first born male of every household. Egyptian pharaohs are always the first born son, so why didn't the pharaoh himself die? It's because he wasn't the "legal" first born. This picture of God killing only Egyptians kids is totally false.

It's not true the blood of the Lamb was only for the first Born of Israel. The blood would have covered all first born sons who applied the lambs blood over the door post. The only first born that had to die was the first born who died to provide His blood as a substitute for the rest of the world. All Egyptian pharaohs are firstborn sons, the reason pharaoh didn't die also was because he wasn't the legal first born of his mother, the legal first born of his mother was a baby she adopted into her royal family before she had any kids of her own. The legal first born son of hers was now also a legal Egyptian by adoption also. Moses did not die because the blood was applied over him his brother, the pharaoh did not die because he was legally the second born and not even legally qualified to be a pharaoh. So the blood was designed to save all, even the rightful heir to the office of pharaoh over all of Egypt, Moses the first born of the royal family of Egypt. Moses brother pharaoh didn't die because he was the second born of the Egyptian royal family. The shed blood of Jesus was always good enough for the whole world, the only requirement was His blood had to be applied to cover our sin.
Tradition teaches that the pharaoh of Egypt hated his birth name because the meaning of the name was, "The brother of Moses" that's why you don't see his name mentioned, he only wanted to be called,"Pharaoh" a name he had no legal right to. Isn't history interesting!

The young lady of Egyptian royalty adopted a son who passed through the Mikvah/Nile river so he had no sin on him symbolically, it was washed away. So this single lady received this child even through she was a virgin and not married. The child was fed with the milk of his true parent. Even though he had the right to be ruler over all Egypt he didn't desire that position, but instead became a shepherd of sheep. Later he returned for his people and brought them out of bondage with the blood of the first born male lamb on the door post giving release. Then after a time of cleaning and purification in the wilderness they returned to the promised land. Moses is a type of Jesus.

mail.jpeg

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Passover.Exodus Ch.12 As I see this God is being accused of murdering innocent Egyptian children.
I do not believe that God did this.Can we discuss?
Yeah, it is hard to accept that God did it.

Much of the Bible can't be believed It insults God numerous times,which I call blasphemous.
This is an interesting site that relates to this topic and I read it as informative, without coming to definitive opinion on whether what he writes could be right or not.

Genocide and resurrection. Holy war as political propaganda on the pages of the Bible

Nations that were said to be the victims of Holy War and genocide rise from the dead in the first recorded resurrection on the pages of the Bible, demonstrating that much of what passes for history in the Bible is actually a kind of political propaganda and polemic, and that the Bible consists of source materials composed by different groups at different times, representing various ideological viewpoints.......

1 Samuel 15:
2“Thus says the LORD of hosts, ‘I will punish Amalek for what he did to Israel, how he set himself against him on the way while he was coming up from Egypt.
3 ‘Now go and strike Amalek and utterly destroy all that he has, and do not spare him;
but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

It has been said by Deist critics of the Bible that the violence and vulgarity of so much that was written has brutalized and terrorized humanity for centuries. "I thoroughly detest it," Thomas Paine wrote, "just as I detest everything that is cruel."
It is impossible to 'read through the Bible, cover to cover' without hearing about bloodshed and looking upon violent wickedness. As well, these genocidal scriptures are among the phoniest in the Bible, as the Bible itself testifies. Call it wish fulfillment, of the vilest sort, because these massacres never actually took place..............................................

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
To begin with "God" cannot be "killed" and secondly it was the Jews who ordered Jesus's death and it is the Jews who should be atoning for their sin in having Jesus killed

Thank you for admitting that "the Passover" was indeed a "genocide".

Your faith icon says Christian. To post in Christians only forum you have to subscribe to the Nicene Creed, which says that Jesus is God and that he DIED for your sins.

Now, unless Jews are the only people who have sins, God died for YOUR sins too, which means YOU are as responsible for killing God as they were.

Upvote 0

curiouskay

Jun 10, 2017
dallas
✟39,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nobody celebrates mass killings.

The eight-day festival of Passover is celebrated in the early spring, from the 15th through the 22nd of the Hebrew month of Nissan, April 10–18, 2017.
http://www.chabad.org/holidays/passover/pesach_cdo/aid/871715/jewish/Passover-Pesach-2017.htm

Passover (called Pesach in Hebrew) is one of the most important holidays in Judaism. It commemorates the escape of the Jews from slavery in Egypt, and is celebrated either in March or April, depending on the dates in the Hebrew Calendar.\ http://www.wikihow.com/Celebrate-Passover

Passover is celebrated
https://www.christianforums.com/threads/the-passover.8015680/page-23#post-71767641

Upvote 0

curiouskay

Jun 10, 2017
dallas
✟39,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your faith icon says Christian..

I am a Christian, are you?

Now, unless Jews are the only people who have sins.,..

I have sinned & I ask God for His forgiveness

, God died for YOUR sins too.

And yours as well

which means YOU are as responsible for killing God as they were.

That was way before my time; not even a glint in my mothers eyes

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Many wrongly believe it was the "Romans" who killed Jesus but they are wrong. It was the Jewish high priests who ordered the Romans to kill Jesus because Jesus was speaking the truth and it was the truth they wanted hidden, buried and forgotten

Pilate washed his hands and declared his innocence. I don't let him off that easy. He should have listened to the warning of his wife.

But we all had our part in the death of Jesus. After all, He didn't have to go through with it.

Upvote 0