joyfulthanks

The long day is over. Praise the Lord!
May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
BTW, OrthodoxyUSA - I ordered the book you linked to in the OP yesterday. I generally don't like to read long documents online, but that did look interesting, and Amazon carries it, so I ordered one.

So thanks for starting this thread. You may have taken a little heat over it, but it helped me. :clap:

With love in Christ,
Grace

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
GraceMercyPeace said:
BTW, OrthodoxyUSA - I ordered the book you linked to in the OP yesterday. I generally don't like to read long documents online, but that did look interesting, and Amazon carries it, so I ordered one.

So thanks for starting this thread. You may have taken a little heat over it, but it helped me. :clap:

With love in Christ,
Grace

If that's all the heat I get I'll feel lucky...

Would you pass me those asbestos boots?

Like I was telling my friends last night (I know, it's hard to imagine me having friends) If God doesn't have a sense of humor... I'm in big trouble...^_^

Upvote 0

joyfulthanks

May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Orthodoxyusa said:
If that's all the heat I get I'll feel lucky...

Would you pass me those asbestos boots?

Asbestos boots? Doesn't the fact that you feel you need those reflect a rather western view of what has gone on here? After all, the eastern forum is a forum of love, not judgment! :D

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
GraceMercyPeace said:
Asbestos boots? Doesn't the fact that you feel you need those reflect a rather western view of what has gone on here? After all, the eastern forum is a forum of love, not judgment! :D

No not at all.... we don't deny there is going to be misery felt by some... it's just that we don't agree with how that's going to come about.

Are you going to pass the boots or not?

*Orthodoxyusa reaches around GMP for boots*

Icewater anyone?

Forgive me...:liturgy:

Upvote 0

joyfulthanks

May 4, 2005
✟5,769.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Orthodoxyusa said:
Are you going to pass the boots or not?

*Orthodoxyusa reaches around GMP for boots*

[Grace smacks Orthodxyusa smartly on the hand...]

Hey! Those are my boots! Get your own!

BTW, I have no idea what all the spiritual armor things are about on this site, but don't you think a couple of appropriate ones for a website such as CF would be things like flamethrowers and asbestos boots? I know I'd buy some of those boots!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
GraceMercyPeace said:
A small favor here? How about rather than saying "the Eastern God is like this" or "the Western God is like that," changing the terminology to "the Eastern conception of God is like this" or "the Western conception of God is like that"

God is One. He is neither Eastern nor Western.

PS: I'm not offended, but I was an English major in college. I'm one of those people to whom words matter. :)

With love in Christ,
Grace

I agree, Grace, I wish a course in semantics was mandated for all college graduates ... even high school graduates.

If the school authorities would get rid of the sex and drug classes, etc. and replace them with semantics, I think our society would be a little more civilized and our discussions on these forums might be a little less contentious.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.