AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I mean they couldn't even get things right with Coelecanth which was supposed to be extinct a mere 50,000 years. And you all think they got it right in the muti-millions?????

They find dino blood vessels and collagen, and are willing to throw out everything they thought correct about the scientifically proven life of biological matter, as long as the dates themselves are not questioned, which processes are based upon assumptions, not actual experiments as per biological matter and decay!!!!!

And you wonder why we shake our heads incredulously.....
No, we know why.

• Winner
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟296,278.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The creationist use of the word "lie" is so strange and inconsistent.

If the billions of years of history that are clearly visible in nature are a lie, then he would be calling God a liar, since God is the only one powerful enough to manipulate the universe itself to tell that lie.

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because I dont read lies.
Then how do you know that they’re lying and that you’re not just mistaken? I’ve read creationist literature and that is WHY I know that they leave out pertinent details and ( in some cases deliberately) misinform people . I contrasted what creationists said with what mainstream scientists said and I compared the verifiable evidence to both .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why do you think it's a lie and not just wrong? A lie is an intentional falsehood--what's the intention?
Obviously its a strategy of Satan to discredit the Bible and lead people away from God.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Or I belive in every word of God and know the earth is not that old.
It helps if you remember that God created this earth . Which means that nature doesn’t lie. Mainstream Scientists only report what nature tells them about itself . They don’t make it up. Creationists on the other hand ,have to fabricate just-so stories about Nature in order for those stories in the bible to fit. Since accurate science is vital to agriculture, technology and medicine , pseudoscience is not acceptable because getting this wrong has killed people in the past. Pseudoscientific ignorance based on an ideology has already killed millions of people because of famine due to poor agricultural practices directly based on denial of evolution/ natural selection in Soviet Russia under Stalin. I don’t want to see that here.

Medical research in dogs involving diabetes and heart disease has lead to millions of lives being saved ( and not just human lives) but creationists deny common descent without understanding that the only reason this research was done in the first place is because doctors knew that humans were related to dogs.

If you know someone with heart problems or diabetes , understand completely that your creationist ignorance and stupidity over evolution could have cost your friend, acquaintance or relatives their lives . This might just become a problem if they teach creationist pseudoscience in the schools

• Agree
Reactions: Dynadin
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
  • Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It helps if you remember that God created this earth . Which means that nature doesn’t lie. Mainstream Scientists only report what nature tells them about itself . They don’t make it up.

Some of them do on occasion, but then other scientists call them out on it. If one scientist sees that another one's conclusions are wrong, or even worse - deliberately misleading - they will immediately reveal it and discredit them. That's why the idea of a worldwide scientific conspiracy is so ridiculous. Scientists won't let their scientific rivals get away with shoddy work and lies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dynadin

Mar 11, 2018
Tifton
✟128,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you know someone with heart problems or diabetes , understand completely that your creationist ignorance and stupidity over evolution could have cost your friend, acquaintance or relatives their lives . This might just become a problem if they teach creationist pseudoscience in the schools

The applied scientific benefits of evolution, particularly in medicine, are among its most useful and helpful. I fail to see any benefits which 'creation science' offers in this same regard. Ignorance and heads stuck into the sand are not benefits.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
More academic propaganda.

From the link:

"At least that is the story according to a new paper published today in Science, where researchers argue an iconic fossil from this time period is the oldest known animal that would have been visible without the help of a microscope. If correct, the finding settles a 70-year-old debate and could help explain the emergence of more advanced life-forms on our once-barren planet."

As Zenith wouldn't say:

The quality doesn't go in, before the name goes on.

They'll probably Nebraska Man this thing later, then print a retraction on page sixteen.

Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Because I dont read lies.
If you don't read then you are in no position to comment. You've already admitted you are ignorant of the details being discussed. Stop trolling.

• Agree
Upvote 0