The Oklahoma Earthquakes: Are they a sign of the End?

sandwiches

Mas sabe el diablo por viejo que por diablo.
Jun 16, 2009
Dallas, Texas
✟22,030.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, an earthquake in a location with active fault lines is definitely a sign of the end of days. According to that hypothesis, the end of days has been imminent for the last 4 billion years or so.

Ask AV or some other internet prophet and those other millions of earthquakes were only God "warming up" or whatever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fenix144

Je me souviens.
Nov 5, 2011
✟8,210.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Bloc
Clearly they are not. Since they pretty much have always been naturally occuring.....

If you're ever in the possession of a stockpile of nuclear weapons and in the capability of using them I'd like to be notified right away so I can go live on the moon before you blow everything up in the name of the reckoning of god.

kkthxbye

Upvote 0

Orogeny

Trilobite me!
Feb 25, 2010
✟17,090.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Clearly they are not. Since they pretty much have always been naturally occuring.....

If you're ever in the possession of a stockpile of nuclear weapons and in the capability of using them I'd like to be notified right away so I can go live on the moon before you blow everything up in the name of the reckoning of god.

kkthxbye
u talkin 2 me punk

Upvote 0

Orogeny

Trilobite me!
Feb 25, 2010
✟17,090.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The focus of the earthquake was about 3 miles down. Unlikely that the drought triggered the quake. Having said that, water can and does act as a lubricant along fault lines so perhaps a better (though highly unlikely) reason would be if the area were suddenly 'relubricated' with a lot of water that was able to reach the depths necessary to trigger this event.
fracking HOLY SMOKES!

Upvote 0

Davian

fallible
May 30, 2011
West Coast of Canada
✟38,603.00
Faith
Ignostic
Marital Status
Married
Not that I know of.

What would that matter?

What's the difference in God sending a tornado across Tornado Alley, and God sending a tornado across the North Pole?

Either way, God sent it.

"God is weather".

Sounds rather anticlimactic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
4.7 still quite a few larger than that this week.
quakeslastweek.php

(Graph data is taken from live USGS.GOV Data)

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
4.7 doesn't scare me, but the 5.6 and greater ones start to concern many here in the state because the state doesn't take into account earthquakes in building construction which would make for possible trouble with 6.5+ earthquakes I would say.

Upvote 0

GloryBe!

Always learning.....
Jul 8, 2011
Arkansas
✟15,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm from Oklahoma and all my family is there. My biggest concern are the bridges. OKLAHOMA DOT is known for poor road construction and lives have been lost before due to falling bridges in that state. These quakes will only make a bad situation worse, and more imminent. I feel I need prayer when I drive home by myself on Friday!

Glory be!

Upvote 0