Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When faced with the choice of a colonoscopy done while I'm awake or watching Miley Cyrus in a loop, I say let's get in the car and drive me to the hospital...

I didn't see the Miley Cyrus video (I find her about as appealing as a plate of day-old liver paté---and that goes for her clones, Britney, Lindsay, Paris, et al); all I saw were the still shots on the news feeds, and I was disgusted in the extreme. Nasty. :sick:

So, no, I don't find her or her antics arousing, unless it arouses my instinct to vomit copiously.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When faced with the choice of a colonoscopy done while I'm awake or watching Miley Cyrus in a loop, I say let's get in the car and drive me to the hospital...

You got that right. I'd just as soon get a cayenne pepper suppository inserted with a fireplace poker.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I had a girlfriend who was raised in such a sheltered way she did not know she had a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. Now I appreciate her innocence, because its been a long time since I've seen it last. I first saw inappropriate content when I was about twelve or thirteen. Most of the people I work with under 40 are at least occasional consumers.

I sorry but

TMI

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe TMI, but I don't sedate for a colonoscopy...and much prefer it to watching Miley.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe TMI, but I don't sedate for a colonoscopy...and much prefer it to watching Miley.
I think Charlie was referring to the information of an ex-gf's lack of education concerning her own [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I had a girlfriend who was raised in such a sheltered way she did not know she had a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. Now I appreciate her innocence, because its been a long time since I've seen it last. I first saw inappropriate content when I was about twelve or thirteen. Most of the people I work with under 40 are at least occasional consumers.
She never took a health class or an anatomy class?

I hope you're not saying it's ok to be an occasional inappropriate content consumer? BTW, I include Playboy and Cosmo as inappropriate content.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've read up a fair bit on this, and indications are that kids today, while exposed to inappropriate content in greater ammounts than previous generations, are bored with it. I forget where I found the study, but there is information out there that indicates that 30-70 year olds are more likely to suffer from "inappropriate content addiction" than the generation that grew up with internet inappropriate content at their fingertips 24/7.
Nothing works like desensitization.

Upvote 0

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I've read up a fair bit on this, and indications are that kids today, while exposed to inappropriate content in greater ammounts than previous generations, are bored with it. I forget where I found the study, but there is information out there that indicates that 30-70 year olds are more likely to suffer from "inappropriate content addiction" than the generation that grew up with internet inappropriate content at their fingertips 24/7.

Hmm. 30 - 70 is a big span. What ages does the other group cover? A lot of people are living with parents or roommates until they are 25 or so, which may put a bit of a damper on excessive inappropriate content use, if they are including teens especially.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think Charlie was referring to the information of an ex-gf's lack of education concerning her own [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse].
It's funny, but I just saw Charlie's email. I was responding to Guerney...:)

Upvote 0

Imperiuz

Liberty will prevail
May 22, 2007
Stockholm
✟21,093.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
While inappropriate content is horrible, I do think that the root of this problem is the popularization of masturbation, not inappropriate content by itself. inappropriate content just adds fuel to perverted thoughts that are already there - masturbation is what causes the addiction.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hmm. 30 - 70 is a big span. What ages does the other group cover? A lot of people are living with parents or roommates until they are 25 or so, which may put a bit of a damper on excessive inappropriate content use, if they are including teens especially.

From experience, parents and roommates are not impediments to teenager's inappropriate content use.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While inappropriate content is horrible, I do think that the root of this problem is the popularization of masturbation, not inappropriate content by itself. inappropriate content just adds fuel to perverted thoughts that are already there - masturbation is what causes the addiction.
Masturbation has been here since the dawn of time. It's just not looked at as a secret now. It's much more multifaceted than an either/or situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MKJ

Contributor
Jul 6, 2009
East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
From experience, parents and roommates are not impediments to teenager's inappropriate content use.

Well, I don't think they stop it. But it adds some restrictions to where and when you can do it. A bit like cutting down on a person's smoking by making more areas non-smoking. You can't come home from work and do your thing all evening in the living room .

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I've read about this too in articles :( very sad... it starts out really bad and then gets more and more perverted.

I agree that there's a desensitization in our culture. A few decades ago, if someone showed people kissing that was a big deal. Now, we're shown all these immoral things and no one cares. HMMM...

I think it's better to just turn off the tv, not watch any of this garbage, and only watch good things that are actually completely wholesome.

"Let your modesty be known to all men. The Lord is nigh. Be nothing solicitous; but in every thing, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your petitions be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasseth all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. For the rest, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever modest, whatsoever just, whatsoever holy, whatsoever lovely, whatsoever of good fame, if there be any virtue, if any praise of discipline, think on these things." (Philippians 4: 5-8, Douay-Rheims Bible)

We should be horrified at the idea of watching sin!

totally agree!
We dont get satellite anymore.
Do not miss it either.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
i have no idea - but the upper channels of the satellite when we did have it - i think were inappropriate content channels.
Have no idea if they were accessible or not - or if you paid for viewing...
But it always made me leery about my kids being home without one of us to watch over their viewing.

Upvote 0