Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah, the riots hits the people they are demostrating for. i understand the outrage, even me in sweden feel it, but riots is't the way to react. i've heard some reports of false flag tho, seems reasonable...

Riots used to the only way oppressed, ignored and disenfranchized laypersons and people without power could get change to occur - did we forget this?

The strength of a riot is that things are so bad that the laypersons are willing to tear down their own villages in order to inspire change: the destruction of the "village" is worth it, because what government does trumps any loss gained from rioting. People knew what riots and protests implied, and considered the costs very heavily - clearly if one protests unlawfulness, more can occur under the guise of "civil disobedience"

Rioting and protesting doesn't work because there are no longer the numbers or determination as a collection of people to hold accountable. We protest and stop when the attention has waned.

What we are seeing won't go away because we have already been had. It is happening to people that don't matter in America now but soon it will happen to all of us and we will cry as if we didn't let the stink of it get to the heavens.

EDIT: If there was a false flag, the American people wouldn't realize it anyway, so yes there is exploitation there... false flags are historic.

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟201,141.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Riots used to the only way oppressed, ignored and disenfranchized laypersons and people without power could get change to occur - did we forget this?

The strength of a riot is that things are so bad that the laypersons are willing to tear down their own villages in order to inspire change: the destruction of the "village" is worth it, because what government does trumps any loss gained from rioting. People knew what riots and protests implied, and considered the costs very heavily - clearly if one protests unlawfulness, more can occur under the guise of "civil disobedience"

Rioting and protesting doesn't work because there are no longer the numbers or determination as a collection of people to hold accountable. We protest and stop when the attention has waned.

What we are seeing won't go away because we have already been had. It is happening to people that don't matter in America now but soon it will happen to all of us and we will cry as if we didn't let the stink of it get to the heavens.

EDIT: If there was a false flag, the American people wouldn't realize it anyway, so yes there is exploitation there... false flags are historic.

I agree with everything you say.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Unfair and ignorant assumption. The murder of George Floyd is now “top FBI priority”. There is a point to the riots.
How many more people need to get shot to make a point? Since when is looting and burning a legitimate expression of disapproval? Two wrongs still don't make things right.

• Agree
Reactions: ZNP
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I get the 3rd precinct. That is where the cops involved in the murder were headquartered. I got the cop cars. I do not get cleaning out stores and banging self checkout cash machines with hammers to get the money. Nor the burning down of your own community or even that of another community. Stealing, and random indiscriminate destruction completely kills the message.

If they had stopped with the cop cars, and the precinct, I would be like yeah, I get it.
I think it just demonstrates the measure some will go in seeking to justify an action that can't REALLY be justified in order to attain some material benefit. If it were one of their loved ones who owned such a business I hardly think any of them would be saying it's fair to do this, so it is what it is....just using some dumb excuse to steal.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
How can that even be a system to begin with? How can that disregard for people's wellfare, by the ones who should actually protect them, ever have become a system?
It is the system. It is the world. It is Satan's attempt to turn the USA into either anarchy or a dictatorship where Christians can be stopped from being the witness God wants us to be. It can't happen? It's happened in many other countries. What makes the USA invulnerable to such a change? "In God we Trust". Really? I say, "Not any more".

Upvote 0

ximmix

Feb 14, 2014
Sweden
✟201,141.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It is the system. It is the world. It is Satan's attempt to turn the USA into either anarchy or a dictatorship where Christians can be stopped from being the witness God wants us to be. It can't happen? It's happened in many other countries. What makes the USA invulnerable to such a change? "In God we Trust". Really? I say, "Not any more".

Do you blame Satan for every crime, or the people committing the crimes..?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I shouldn't have to fear for my life when I get pulled over by a cop.

I shouldn't have to fear for my life when I go jogging.

I shouldn't have to fear for my life when I'm coming home from the store with a bag of Skittles.

I shouldn't have to fear my life when I'm playing music a little too loud.

I shouldn't have to fear for my life because of my skin colour.

Is Canada an unsafe country for people of your skin colour?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Definitely murder.

Unfortunately for the protesters they're diminishing their argument and reinforcing stereotypes that catalyse incidents like this.

Their problem was with the police, yet they've now burnt down a housing project for low-income tenants, looted local businesses and destroyed/damage their property and caused millions in further property damages.

Are there still those with stereotypes of blacks being criminals? Of course, even if it's unconscious bias. So by using this as an excuse to go and rob businesses isn't helping their cause, it's damaging it, and it's reinforcing the opinion of those, unconsciously or otherwise, hold the beliefs that cause incidents like this to happen.

Their problem isn't with the police, their problem is with the city that coddles the police.

As it turns out, that particular police officer has been a violent killer for years, and the community knows who he is and that he's been coddled for this long...they have no reason to believe the city will not continue to coddle him.

The police are doing exactly what the city wants the police to do...including this. It's just that the city would prefer the police avoid cameras while doing it. This officer won't be punished for what he's done, he'll be punished for letting it get caught on camera.

And this isn't really just a racial issue. It's also an issue of economic strata. It's just that poor whites aren't nearly as good at getting these things on camera and creating social media protest trends.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Their problem isn't with the police, their problem is with the city that coddles the police.

As it turns out, that particular police officer has been a violent killer for years, and the community knows who he is and that he's been coddled for this long...they have no reason to believe the city will not continue to coddle him.

The police are doing exactly what the city wants the police to do...including this. It's just that the city would prefer the police avoid cameras while doing it. This officer won't be punished for what he's done, he'll be punished for letting it get caught on camera.

And this isn't really just a racial issue. It's also an issue of economic strata. It's just that poor whites aren't nearly as good at getting these things on camera and creating social media protest trends.

Police chief should be not only fired, but jailed if there has been coddling.

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
How many more people need to get shot to make a point? Since when is looting and burning a legitimate expression of disapproval? Two wrongs still don't make things right.

Historically, this has been the way the subjugated and disenfranchised have dealt with a gross ignorance of their rights and existence.

Did you forget the beginnings (and middle) of America, or even Australia? Revolt and rebellion against tyrranical governments that don't care about life of the citizens is a symbol of pride for the current Western philosophy on government.

If arms of the government stop killing their citizens, and people stop apologizing for these murders (often live or on camera), then maybe we wont have to worry about a bunch of people protesting to an extreme. Death is the extreme opposite of life; if the citizens are ignoring that people are dying for no reason by hands of law enforcement, then of course the people will try to be heard some other way.

The problems isn't with the protesting, the problem is that we have been ignorant to our fellow citizens' existence being threatened. That is why people will never stop dying by hands of cops or law enforcement in America, and they will move on to people who "matter" after they are done with the people who are unheard and ignored.

We are allowing the future of our demise to happen because we are marginalizing the effect on a marginalize part of our nation. So, when it happens to everyone later it will be because it was allowed from the beginning. Every decade the acts against civilians gets bolder until people just accept it as a normal part of life.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Police chief should be not only fired, but jailed if there has been coddling.

Derek Chauvin has been involved in far too many incidents to be considered "normal police work."

And he hasn't even been arrested yet.

The Minneapolis police officer seen kneeling on the neck of an unarmed black man heard saying "I can't breathe" multiple times before he died was a 19-year department veteran who was the subject of at least a dozen police conduct complaints that resulted in no disciplinary action and one that led to a "letter of reprimand."

Minneapolis police officer at center of George Floyd's death had history of complaints

A white Minneapolis police officer who knelt on George Floyd’s neck opened fire on two people during his 19-year career and had nearly 20 complaints and two letters of reprimand filed against him.
Officer accused in Floyd's death opened fire on 2 people

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Their problem was with the police, yet they've now burnt down a housing project for low-income tenants, looted local businesses and destroyed/damage their property and caused millions in further property damages.

Yes, the "They believe me guilty so I may as well do the crime" is exactly the wrong response.

i agree, they have every right to protest about this incident, and the seemingly systematic police brutality against blacks. but they don't have the right to set a city on fire because of it, that only givs more troubles to the ones they're defending. pretty sure the violence is a false flag operation tho...

Sure, and how is it going to improve the situation? There are plenty of groups who will take advantage of the situation to inflame it for their own ends. None of them have the real interests of a fair and just society in mind.

Do you agree with the methods of this riot? I agree they have reason to protest...

The riots don't really help the moment, and you are correct that there will be provocateurs who will use the situation to their own agendas, but hopefully the authorities will move swiftly to administer justice in this situation.I am praying for calm. People are venting their frustration and that is understandable.

Maybe they should have just peacefully taken a knee or something. Surely, that would get their message out there and everyone would listen and finally see what was going on so something would be done about it.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

A big problem is that we no longer as a society believe in the rule of law and instead have become a tribal society where whose side one is on is more important than what one did. This attitude becoming pervasive in society makes police feel they are justified in doing whatever they want to a suspect, prosecutors use whatever techniques they want to secure a conviction, guilt or innocence not really a major factor, politicians calling for impeachment for the opposition while defending the same sort malfeasance in their allies and rioting when one person is killed by a person of another skin color but indifference when hundreds and thousands are killed by those of the same skin color.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe they should have just peacefully taken a knee or something. Surely, that would get their message out there and everyone would listen and finally see what was going on so something would be done about it.

I think you forgot your Poe's Law tags. [Poe] [/Poe]

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,375.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

What does this have to do with local businesses, though? They're destroying private property. They're stealing private property.

If it's economic, where's the logic in burning down local businesses? How can you complain about a lack of jobs or opportunities whilst simultaneously destroying and damaging businesses that provide the things apparently in short supply, making them even more scarce? Why burn down a housing project designed for low-income residents?

Again, as seen elsewhere, this will result in a reluctance for business investment in the area because of the risk.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Many of these ones are just common thiefs and trouble makers that were waiting for a reason to steal what they can and burn things that don't belong to then to the ground.

M

Last edited:
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,375.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Or, you know, pay attention in school, go to college and become someone that can institute change and play the players you disagree with at their own game.

Thokozile Masipa is South Africa is one of many examples. Grew up witnesses injustices and decided to do something meaningful about it. Studying in her evenings to become a lawyer and eventually a judge.

There is absolutely no justification to destroy private property and rob businesses. If they wanted to destroy property, why not destroy police properties/buildings, or state buildings? Why drag innocent parties in to it?

But yeah, congratulations looters, you probably cost hundreds of jobs of people who had nothing to do with your injustice. Well done. Round of applause for your selfishness.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟573,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or, you know, pay attention in school, go to college and become someone that can institute change and play the players you disagree with at their own game.

Thokozile Masipa is South Africa is one of many examples. Grew up witnesses injustices and decided to do something meaningful about it. Studying in her evenings to become a lawyer and eventually a judge.

There is absolutely no justification to destroy private property and rob businesses. If they wanted to destroy property, why not destroy police properties/buildings, or state buildings? Why drag innocent parties in to it?

But yeah, congratulations looters, you probably cost hundreds of jobs of people who had nothing to do with your injustice. Well done. Round of applause for your selfishness.

Well, this is what happens when the police are out of control... It's the inevitable end result... It's happened before, and it will happen again and again... Until the police stop killing.

...This is not surprising in any way. In fact, it's predictable.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.