Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Evangelicals celebrate the Resurrection.

In Latin and Greek, the Christian celebration was, and still is, called Pascha (Greek: Πάσχα), a word derived from Aramaic פסחא (Paskha), cognate to Hebrew פֶּסַח (Pesach). The word originally denoted the Jewish festival known in English as Passover, commemorating the Jewish Exodus from slavery in Egypt.
Easter - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

MJFlores

Mar 22, 2017
Philippines
✟19,304.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yeah, I know.
easter.jpg

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟81,727.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The M.T. Choir is singing Christian hymns to honor a different Jesus, one who is not the Supreme God.

God the Father is the Supreme Being in whom we believe and whom we worship. He is the ultimate Creator, Ruler, and Preserver of all things. He is perfect, has all power, and knows all things. He “has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man's” (D&C 130:22).
God the Father | Heavenly Father- The Father of Our Spirits

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Satan always mimic God in an attempted to confuse mankind. if God calls a real prophet Satan will mimic with a dozen false ones. If God has a Urim and the Thummim then Satan has his crystal ball. If some pagan has used the movements of the sun to come up with a holiday it doesn't mean I too can't use the day to rejoice in my Savior.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟221,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Satan always mimic God in an attempted to confuse mankind. if God calls a real prophet Satan will mimic with a dozen false ones. If God has a Urim and the Thummim then Satan has his crystal ball. If some pagan has used the movements of the sun to come up with a holiday it doesn't mean I too can't use the day to rejoice in my Savior.
Quite applicable to Joseph Smith's "first vision" accounts.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Quite applicable to Joseph Smith's "first vision" accounts.
So was it Satan who appeared to Moses? Or for that matter any other prophet? How do you know that the Old Testament wasn't influenced by Satan since Satan can cause the future and mold it the way he wants it to be

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So was it Satan who appeared to Moses? Or for that matter any other prophet? How do you know that the Old Testament wasn't influenced by Satan since Satan can cause the future and mold it the way he wants it to be

Did I say that.... No! So how did you draw that conclusion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MJFlores

Mar 22, 2017
Philippines
✟19,304.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I believe Easter is really pagan.
Americans celebrate this holiday with fervor.
trump easter.jpg

Even Europeans celebrate this festivity in different ways.
cover11.jpg

Children wearing masks walk in a street during “Bele Poklade” carnival celebrations in the village of Lozovik, south of the capital Belgrade, on February 22, 2015. “Bele Poklade” has its roots in old pagan customs and is marked annually seven weeks before Easter. Children walk through the village to collect eggs, and at the end jump over a fire to banish evil demons.

Easter 2017: Is Easter a Pagan Holiday?

When Americans and Europeans say its origins are pagan, why would an Asian like me follow pagan ways?

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
View attachment 194741

View attachment 194743
Children wearing masks walk in a street during “Bele Poklade” carnival celebrations in the village of Lozovik, south of the capital Belgrade, on February 22, 2015. “Bele Poklade” has its roots in old pagan customs and is marked annually seven weeks before Easter. Children walk through the village to collect eggs, and at the end jump over a fire to banish evil demons.

When Americans and Europeans say its origins are pagan, why would an Asian like me follow pagan ways?
The Easter bunny is no different than the leprechaun. What we celebrate is the death and resurrection of Christ.

Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
View attachment 194741

View attachment 194743

People all over the world have built religions on the movement of the sun with spring & fall festivals. It's okay, God isn't going to condemned us for celebrating his creation. But once we place an idol on a platform and declare this idol made the sun move or brought about the season then we cross the line and sin. Our praise should be to the one true and living God, we should celebrate and be grateful for the atonement the Savior made for each of us. Now if you think that is a sin I feel sorry for you.

There is something about the ancient Hebrew calendar which points to different days being sacred, I'll see if I can find the article I read on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MJFlores

Mar 22, 2017
Philippines
✟19,304.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People all over the world have built religions on the movement of the sun with spring & fall festivals. It's okay, God isn't going to condemned us for celebrating his creation. But once we place an idol on a platform and declare this idol made the sun move or brought about the season then we cross the line and sin. Our praise should be to the one true and living God, we should celebrate and be grateful for the atonement the Savior made for each of us. Now if you think that is a sin I feel sorry for you.

There is something about the ancient Hebrew calendar which points to different days being sacred, I'll see if I can find the article I read on it.

It's okay, God isn't going to condemned us for celebrating his creation.

Is it okay? Really?

You, Lord, have abandoned your people, the descendants of Jacob. They are full of superstitions from the East; they practice divination like the Philistines and embrace pagan customs. Isaiah 2:6

The Lord God abandoned Israel because they embraced pagan customs. And you think the Lord God will not abandon people with pagan customs? What did Jesus say about these traditions like Easter and Christmas?

And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! Mark 7:9

easter traditions.jpg

That is how people can see if a religion is from God or otherwise.

5baa1002a323e0c0e938145454bae21a.jpg

Well archaeologist and religious scholars in the US and EU said that Easter came from pagan origins. Of course, Astarte, Ashtaroth, Ishtar, Eastre were idol goddesses of their time but its worship continues in Easter celebration and repackaged as a Christian celebration.

ishtar-easter.jpg

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
It's okay, God isn't going to condemned us for celebrating his creation.

Is it okay? Really?

You, Lord, have abandoned your people, the descendants of Jacob. They are full of superstitions from the East; they practice divination like the Philistines and embrace pagan customs. Isaiah 2:6

The Lord God abandoned Israel because they embraced pagan customs. And you think the Lord God will not abandon people with pagan customs? What did Jesus say about these traditions like Easter and Christmas?

And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! Mark 7:9

View attachment 194766

That is how people can see if a religion is from God or otherwise.

5baa1002a323e0c0e938145454bae21a.jpg

Well archaeologist and religious scholars in the US and EU said that Easter came from pagan origins. Of course, Astarte, Ashtaroth, Ishtar, Eastre were idol goddesses of their time but its worship continues in Easter celebration and repackaged as a Christian celebration.

View attachment 194767
Here is what LDS celebrate:

Upvote 0

MJFlores

Mar 22, 2017
Philippines
✟19,304.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is what LDS celebrate:

Did your Jesus say celebrate Easter?

That is why Jane, my Jesus is not your Jesus. Your Jesus is not my Jesus. My Jesus did not say celebrate Easter with a bunny and colored eggs and roll it down or hide it.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Did your Jesus say celebrate Easter?

That is why Jane, my Jesus is not your Jesus. Your Jesus is not my Jesus. My Jesus did not say celebrate Easter with a bunny and colored eggs and roll it down or hide it.
Did you actually watch the videos lined? There were no bunnies or eggs.

Upvote 0