United States
✟7,639.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The new church is having men's group tonight, and we had a Monday night too. Still going to the meetings to see which ones are more fitting.

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday is good. Then there is a Friday evening meeting I have attached myself to when I first was told to leave.

I'm sorry, but John Wilkes Booth did not start The Salvation Army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
J

JoshuaCh1v9

The new church is having men's group tonight, and we had a Monday night too. Still going to the meetings to see which ones are more fitting.

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday is good. Then there is a Friday evening meeting I have attached myself to when I first was told to leave.

I'm sorry, but John Wilkes Booth did not start The Salvation Army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right there mate :) He didn't. God did, and He will send His soldiers to serve where He knows he wants them. And if that in your case means with a different denomination then fine. You are still serving Him faithfully as you promised to do so when you became a soldier.

Sounds to me like God is putting a square peg in a square hole with this move, so it's all good.:)

Upvote 0

jjmako

Mar 2, 2014
United States
✟7,639.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God still moves among His people performing His will. But my point was John Wilkes Booth was the person that assassinated Abraham Lincoln. God didn't quicken his spirit to start TSA. God moves and performs His will thru all churches and denominations that are Christian.

God moved William and Cathrine Booth. The local leaders should know the difference and have the guts to rebuke such a comment made during the meeting and they did not.

Upvote 0
J

JoshuaCh1v9

Brother, I don't know much about the Army's command structure over there, but have you considered speaking to your Divisional/Area leaders about this? If you have concerns about something happening in your Corps then you should be able to talk to them about it.

I'm still praying for your situation, that it will either be resolved or that you will find a home in your new church. Either way, you are both still following God's will in your lives and that is the important thing.

Upvote 0

jjmako

Mar 2, 2014
United States
✟7,639.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Divisional/area leaders are standing by the local leaders due to the one sided story being told. Local leaders are 2 face, when they tell me one thing and when DHQ visit local corps they say and do another. The local leaders actually used DHQ visits to tell me sarcastically...

"Is that what you want for your Son?"

I could not believe what the Envoys where telling me! Discouraging our Son from attending CFOT? Discouraging us from even encouraging our Son to consider Officership?

Anyway, I have been told not to return till they are no longer the local leaders. I have tried to "walk in step all the time." but the local envoys have consistently distanced themselves from the TSA denomination.

Oh yes, they have done well in bringing the (TSA) movement to our community, but then they have ignored the theology of our congregation.

This should be the end of this thread. I need to move on and get involved with Calvary Chapel. I can do this as well as continuing to be a Salvationist, wherever God places us.

Upvote 0
J

JoshuaCh1v9

Well it can't be the end of the thread, because this is the prayer thread, but it can, if you so choose, be the end of this discussion within the thread :)

I think you are right. You will serve the Lord just as effectively (perhaps more so) in Calvary Chapel, and you will always be a Salvationist at heart.

Sometimes people do have to move in order for God to work in their lives. William and Catherine Booth had to leave the Methodist New Connexion in order for God to fully work His will in their lives.

It's likely that one of two things will happen now. Either you will find a home at CC and be happy there, or you will serve the Lord there for a time until He calls you back to the Army at some future point. Not too different from Jesus and his earthly parents spending that time in Egypt while Herod was around.

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Ok, so posting this bit in here, because the Drop In is often light hearted and this is serious, and something that needs much prayer.

It's been a tough week in my Corps, as a result of which some we have lost a few of our best troops. It has hurt us.

However, this morning in our meeting I really felt Gods presence, and I know that He is in control and we will be healed.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5:1-5&version=MSG

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians+4:31

What's more, we will emerge from this stronger and better equipped to fight for His Kingdom. Our pain is still there, so please pray for us, because one of those we have lost is a dear sister in Christ to me, whom I love and who fought alongside me on the front line. Please add your prayers to mine that she will return to us, along with the two others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gen X

Jun 7, 2015
✟15,287.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Father!

Gracious and loving God, hear this prayer today....I ask that you mold my character in the likeness of your Son, Jesus Christ! May the values of your kingdom, Lord Jesus, be evident in my life. By your spirit's work in me, may I be more like you everyday! I want to be merciful and compassionate, humble, meek, pure in heart and thirsty for Your righteousness! Make me sensitive to those who are hurting, and a peacemaker in a world so often in strife!

Amen!!!

Upvote 0