Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
We need to be using this prayer thread, and using it a lot. Prayer is, without doubt, our most potent weapon and we must utilise it in the war we fight for Jesus.

First of all, might I suggest we THANK God for this place and that we are able to meet together as we do on cf.

Then we need to pray for all those caught up in wars and other disasters accross the world at the moment.

For those in Japan, struggling to start the rebuilding process while still unsure of whats happening in the reactors. And prayers especially for those who have effectively surrendered their lives by staying in there to fight to get the reactors under control. The levels of radiation they have been exposed to will almost certainly prove fatal. Lets bring these men and women to God in prayer, and their families also.

Lybia is very much in the news, and we bring the people of that country to the Lord today and ask that He will bring a swift end to the fighting, so that the people can live safely and in peace once more. Today we add to that prayer the people of the Ivory Coast as they go through a period of fighting and death.

Also Afghanistan, and the people of that nation as they seek a way forward.

Lord, we bring you not only the people living in those countries, but also the armed forces of many nations involved in the many conflicts in many ways. Be with them Lord, and be with their familes at this time of great stress and worry for them. Also Lord, we pray for the relief organisations (including Your Army) working in these situations as they try do relieve the suffering and rebuild shattered lives and homes.

Even though they are not on the news headlines any longer, lets also remember in our prayers the people of Christchurch, and Queensland, and Haiti...as their recovery from disaster continues. Even though the news channels have forgotten them, the Lord has not, so we bring those people too.

Lord, in Your mercy, hear these prayers we make, and Bless all your children who are either suffering as a result of war/natural distaster, or trying to work and help in those situations. In the name of your Son Jesus we ask this

Amen

Upvote 0

CaringBrit

Feb 9, 2011
uk, Cottingham
✟21,274.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
lord , i pray for everyone at salvation army and the work they do for you plus i have found a place by you where i belong i also pray for japan and what they have suffered through the earthquake and distaster there in jesus name

amen

Upvote 0

Andy Broadley

quam pulchra es amica mea quam pulchra
Oct 14, 2004
Grimsby. England
✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
lord , i pray for everyone at salvation army and the work they do for you plus i have found a place by you where i belong i also pray for japan and what they have suffered through the earthquake and distaster there in jesus name

amen
:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chrisbroadley

Aug 22, 2006
Hull. uk
✟15,772.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Prayers and thoughts are asked for the family of Norman Beckitt who past away at 8.55 this evening. A good man, former Salvation Army officer, former Band master, Band sergeant and songster of the Hull Icehouse corps.

He will be sadly missed.

Lord be with Ivy and the family at this time, thank you for the influence Norman had and the part he played in making me who I am today.

Amen.

Upvote 0

CaringBrit

Feb 9, 2011
uk, Cottingham
✟21,274.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Prayers and thoughts are asked for the family of Norman Beckitt who past away at 8.55 this evening. A good man, former Salvation Army officer, former Band master, Band sergeant and songster of the Hull Icehouse corps.

He will be sadly missed.

Lord be with Ivy and the family at this time, thank you for the influence Norman had and the part he played in making me who I am today.

Amen.

amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chrisbroadley

Aug 22, 2006
Hull. uk
✟15,772.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just a little update to your prayers. I spoke to Ivy today and they are bearing up. family still around at present so easier to cope. it'll be after the funeral that she'll need our support even more. your continued prayers are appreciated for her and the family and indeed the corps family too for wed. it will be an emotional day for them and us when we gather to pay tribute to a good servant and as far as my own life goes a good friend and guide. He will be sadly missed.

Upvote 0