The Lost Month: A failure of leadership (at multiple levels)

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
.It’s funny, you claim to not be a fan of Trump, and yet you run around defending him with bad arguments and half-truths the same as any dyed-in-the-wool TrumpFan.
it's amazing how many people do that. Also surprsoing how many blame Democrats for defending someone they don't care for

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,543.00
Faith
Pentecostal
No. No. No. Again, the testing was not the only failure. As I and the NYT article described, there have been a number of organizational failures as well. I don’t know how to explain this any more clearly if you’re just going to skip over those bits and focus only on the parts that suit you.

It’s funny, you claim to not be a fan of Trump, and yet you run around defending him with bad arguments and half-truths the same as any dyed-in-the-wool TrumpFan.

No no no. It was a failure in the testing process. When you read the article you find the CDC moved quickly. And they did. But the test failed.

Dr Redfield played down the failure saying it would be fixed quickly. He kept saying that. He responded to Congress with that. It was a HUGE error.

In S Korea they didn't open ease regulations for outside sourcing until February. In January 31 we a health emergency.

But we were still told the test was coming quickly. But it wasn't.

As I said this all falls on false information provided by the CDC. Had the president known in February that the tests were a long way away then I'm sure quicker action would have been taken. But when you are told that a test would be ready in a week why would you?

The organizational failures all revolve around the testing. And the root of that is false information provided by those at the CDC and particularly 1 or 2 individuals.

So again you and your liberal Times failed to show how Trump failed. He depended on the experts and the experts failed. He and Congress were fed a line. That's not a failure on him.

Now if he had been told "Mr. President, these tests won't be ready for at least a month or more and won't be widely available fo at least 2." And he didn't act but let it go on for 2-3 months knowing this then yes it would totally be a failure on his part. But that didn't happen. Be angry at the dudes at the CDC who failed.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No no no. It was a failure in the testing process. When you read the article you find the CDC moved quickly. And they did. But the test failed.

Dr Redfield played down the failure saying it would be fixed quickly. He kept saying that. He responded to Congress with that. It was a HUGE error.

In S Korea they didn't open ease regulations for outside sourcing until February. In January 31 we a health emergency.

But we were still told the test was coming quickly. But it wasn't.

As I said this all falls on false information provided by the CDC. Had the president known in February that the tests were a long way away then I'm sure quicker action would have been taken. But when you are told that a test would be ready in a week why would you?

The organizational failures all revolve around the testing. And the root of that is false information provided by those at the CDC and particularly 1 or 2 individuals.

So again you and your liberal Times failed to show how Trump failed. He depended on the experts and the experts failed. He and Congress were fed a line. That's not a failure on him.

Now if he had been told "Mr. President, these tests won't be ready for at least a month or more and won't be widely available fo at least 2." And he didn't act but let it go on for 2-3 months knowing this then yes it would totally be a failure on his part. But that didn't happen. Be angry at the dudes at the CDC who failed.

What about the guys at the FDA who didn't adjust the rules quickly enough? What about the guys at HHS who didn't include the FDA director in their meetings and didn't effectively communicate the problems to the president? What about the hiring of an under-qualified CDC director?

So again you and your liberal Times failed to show how Trump failed.
It's like you're not even bothering to read the posts or the NYT article. Or, if you read them, you failed to understand them.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,543.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Again, what does this have to do with liberals? I see this in almost every one of your posts.

If you haven't been paying attention the media has been attacking this president every step of the way from the beginning of his presidency. They haven't given him an ounce of credit for just about anything. Constant never ending criticizm on everything.

Why just on the COVID the media twists what Trump says. The media out and lies and misrepresents. Liberals want nothing more than to take Trump out and they will do and say whatever they have to to do so.
The Media's Top Lies and Spins About COVID-19 | RealClearPolitics

Left-Center Bias - Media Bias/Fact Check

Tradition continues; Obsessive broadcast coverage of Trump still 93% negative

So at some point one has to recognize the severe bias of the liberal media.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you haven't been paying attention the media has been attacking this president every step of the way from the beginning of his presidency. They haven't given him an ounce of credit for just about anything. Constant never ending criticizm on everything.

Why just on the COVID the media twists what Trump says. The media out and lies and misrepresents. Liberals want nothing more than to take Trump out and they will do and say whatever they have to to do so.

Severe Bias, meet President Pants on Fire. I’m sure you two have a lot to discuss.:ebil:

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

What does criticism of his handling of the crisis have to do specifically with liberals though? I've even seen Trump supporters lob criticism his way as well.

I don't understand why criticizing the president is automatically painted as a "liberal" thing. :scratch:

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Trump warns of 'painful' two weeks ahead as White House projects more than 100,000 coronavirus deaths - CNNPolitics
Kudos to the guy.
FINALLY. This is how a message gets delivered. "We're going to have a tough time. But there will be something good later".

That's all i'm asking for. A bit of real talk.

But even still you could tell exactly when he went off script. And it's so brilliant because when he goes off script he does so with the purpose of subtle linguistic twists to big himself up.
eg:
"what the experts are predicting, what a lot of us are predicting after studying it so hard"
1) By changing the pronoun to "us", he subtly ties himself to experts.
2) "after studying it so hard".

Yeah sorry. This is Trump, I'm skeptical he HAS been "studying it SO hard" though I'm sure the experts have. I want to hope he's actually been paying attention and reading and listening to his daily briefings but I don't know if I would trust him to do so. I guess he likely does.

As a sidenote: I thought Pence was the White House Covid virus Coordinator? I guess he "oversees" her? Who's Dr. Birx?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Time out. Your perception of the "media" is not part of this thread discussion. If you want to point out how the NYT article I linked is biased, be my guest...with specific citations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,543.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The question is whether the news broadcasts are FACTUAL. I thought that's what you were all about?

"Factual" and "negative/positive" are not synonymous and its distressing you don't seem to think so.

Are you about to argue that 93% of the media's stories are FALSE?

Many of the stories push FALSE narratives. They ignore facts that support the president. Push positive agendas of the left while ignoring altogether positive things if the president. How about the false nerrative if Trump collusion? The twisting of the presidents comments taken out of context. The failure to address the dossier and Steele. It's not that they just report a fact it's what they have to say or how they twist the facts. They push the narrative that Trump is a racist. They say he's dangerous to democracy. They frame the government shut down as Trump's fault. The elections in Florida were close and the media downplayed any idea or scoffed at the idea that the Democrats were trying to steal an election while in 2000 that's all they had to say about the Republicans on how they were trying to steal the election. There are so MANY examples of what the media dies that is dishonest or spin in order to create the negative and ignore the positive. When Trump went to India and got a good deal for us hardly a word was said. Instead more was implies that he was on a vacation.

Upvote 0