Feb 24, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
I've personally committed myself to attending Mass, daily during Lent. Please pray for my adherence...

I pray for your fortitude in this my friend, awesome commitment.:crossrc:

God Bless.

My wife and I will be giving up all sweets, desserts etc and commiting to praying the Rosary together daily during Lent.

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,909.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I pray for your fortitude in this my friend, awesome commitment.:crossrc:

God Bless.

My wife and I will be giving up all sweets, desserts etc and commiting to praying the Rosary together daily during Lent.

Thank you mate. Straight back at you...:)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've personally committed myself to attending Mass, daily during Lent. Please pray for my adherence...
I just ran across this. :):crossrc:

The best thing a Catholic can do for Lent is to go to Mass every day...
It is that time of year again; Lent is just round the corner, taking us by surprise, still recovering as many of us are from the Christmas season. Once more, before Ash Wednesday, I need to think of what to give up for Lent, and what to take up for the penitential season. On the giving up front, as last year...

Reactions: S.ilvio
Upvote 0

Brooklyn Knight

On a narrow road but not narrow minded
Nov 21, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
✟13,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Like I said in another thread, there is no guarantee I'd quit some of my vices (Caffeine, tobacco) especially with more and more work piling on and I will be traveling across the country in March (First stop: Denver, Colorado!).

So, I'm doing a reverse: I'll take up something, that being the rosary.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ash Wednesday, fasting, abstaining, and you

According to the 1983 Code of Canon Law for the Latin Church, Latin Church Catholics are bound to observe fasting and abstinence on Ash Wednesday. Here are some details. I am sure you know them already, but they are good to review.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Assisi

not a sissy
Sep 7, 2006
Sydney
✟14,280.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We've started! My boys and I went to Mass this morning :)

Our entire parish school was there (which I love!), and there were lots of parishioners too - the Church was packed! The school kids were singing along and saying the prayers, and there were quite a few little 3 year olds there from my son's preschool too. My 2yo kept saying 'You got dirt on your head mummy, I rub it off' and my 3yo rubbed his ashes off straight away and was very anxious to make sure his head was clean.^_^

Apparently DH forgot it was Ash Wednesday today.:blush:

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've decided to try to pray the Rosary daily and limit my caffiene (coffee) intake-- more for the sake of my health than "giving up something". Today when my school celebrated Mass, the wine/Blood of Christ gave me a spilting headache after having just a dull headache throughout the day. Now I'm off to a faculty meeting and I don't feel too great.

I help the principal out with a small ministry called the sacristans and we set up the cups and plates, hosts and wine to be ready for Mass. Afterwards if there's any extra consecrated bread, we pass it out to the children (who can receive the Eucharist) and we ask them to pray and think about the Saints and God while doing so. (Since its bread, once its thawed we can't really keep it around) It is so precious to watch the children during this time-- the serious and thoughtful looks on their faces :) Through this ministry I've learned so much about how to set up, what the different pieces are, and how to clean up.

DH promised he'd get to church today so I'm hoping he does. :pray:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cleaning Out the Junk

Editor’s Note: Paula Huston is one of the best contemporary writers on spirituality. Her new book, Simplifying the Soul (Ave Maria Press) provides a daily meditation and small but significant ascetic practice for each day of Lent. We think it will become a classic and be used for years to come. If you are looking for a guide through Lent, this is it. CE will be running an excerpt from the book each week during Lent.

http://catholicexchange.com/cleaning-out-the-junk/

Upvote 0