The Left cancels Georgia and moves the All Star game

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
. "To dumb to vote?" If you feel that way, you don’t believe in voting rights as they are laid out on the constitution, or the democratic values of our country, so it’s not worth it discussing the merits of voting laws with you.

Nah, I was pointing out the absurdity of your point by being absurd.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You know, I’m disappointed that you just assumed that I was wrong instead of doing some research.

"Kathy spotted the long line of voters as she pulled into the Christian City Welcome Center about 3:30 p.m., ready to cast her ballot in the June 9 primary election.

Hundreds of people were waiting in the heat and rain outside the lush, tree-lined complex in Union City, an Atlanta suburb with 22,400 residents, nearly 88% of them Black. She briefly considered not casting a ballot at all, but decided to stay.

By the time she got inside more than five hours later, the polls had officially closed and the electronic scanners were shut down. Poll workers told her she'd have to cast a provisional ballot, but they promised that her vote would be counted."
Why Do Nonwhite Georgia Voters Have To Wait In Line For Hours? Too Few Polling Places

"One Cobb County voter, Everlean Rutherford, tweeted out a video of a line that stretched across a mall and through a large parking lot....
...Hours later, she was still in line, and her mood had soured.

"I went from ‘yay love seeing all these people early voting’ to ‘I’ve been here over four hours hungry and ready to go’. Yeah this is voter suppression. It should never take this long to vote. Especially early voting," she tweeted.

She said in a subsequent tweet she'd successfully voted at 7:43 p.m. — after 9 hours and 39 minutes in line."
Early voting begins in Georgia with long lines, high turnout

https://twitter.com/johntalsr/status/1315774645061246976?s=21 Twitter post where a Georgian describes waiting in line 11 hours to vote.

Absurdly Long Lines to Vote in Georgia Are a Preview of What's to Come More personal stories of waiting hours to vote in GA

And who's fault is that? If these communities want more polling places they can get more. All your doing is whining. If people are upset over this they should do something about it. Its called good citizenship. People are always wanting someone else to do something. "Somebody should do something about this."

Here's a thought. Instead of " somebody" how about YOU. You mention the black suburbs. They are probably run by Democrats. Who's fault is it that the lines are so long? It's certainly not the Georgia legislature.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And yet Colorado has more restrictive laws. Hmmm... Your comments are such that indicate that
Colorado's laws are more restrictive than Georgia's therefore they are better than Georgia. Or Georgia is less restrictive therefore they are worse.

Your logic needs work.

You still have not explained how the laws limit access. Everyone who wants to vote still can. Who will be unable to vote?

Did you forget how I ended our conversation on this topic?
If they are are too dumb not to plan ahead, they are too dumb to vote.

. "To dumb to vote?" If you feel that way, you don’t believe in voting rights as they are laid out on the constitution, or the democratic values of our country, so it’s not worth it discussing the merits of voting laws with you.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
FactChecking Claims About the Georgia Voting Law
  • Biden wrongly claimed the new Georgia law would “close a polling place at 5 o’clock when working people just get off.”
  • Kemp misleadingly suggested the new law wouldn’t reduce the number of drop boxes available for absentee voters to drop off their ballots.
  • Kemp inaccurately claimed that Biden is “factually wrong” about “the water issue” — a provision of the new law that bans “any person” from providing food or drink to people waiting in line to vote.
FactChecking Claims About the Georgia Voting Law - FactCheck.org

Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,382.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Did you forget how I ended our conversation on this topic?
Did you not read post 101?

There is a legitimate way to illustrate absurdity. Its by being absurd. Your statement regarding planning ahead was absurd. I illustrated the absurdity of such a remark by being absurd myself.

And now you further the lack of logic by stating a state with less restrictions is bad while a state with more restrictions is good. Being you are so against Georgia's voting laws it is evidence you shown a complete lack of logic.

You also have totally failed to show how Georgia laws keep people from voting. Until you can your arguments are invalid.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, that is what Trump is doing to you. You are a Trump worshiper. What has he done for you lately.I heard about this on the news this morning.How much have you paid?
Unsuspecting donors had their credit cards and bank accounts tapped multiple times in US election. | The Bay Observer

The statistics of Black people getting to work with Trump's administration stands as proof of what I said.

Under Trump, Americans Have Seen Their Best Wage Growth In 40 Years

Upvote 0