Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Faith that God's will is superior to the will of man and should be adhered to.
Serious soteriological disqualifying mistake regarding faith (Eph 2:8-9).

Precisely what are you believing in and trusting on for salvation from God's wrath (Ro 5:9)?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The gift is a second chance at life under and in the Kingdom. We were offered it out of God's grace. We still must reject the self serving ways of mankind, Good luck in that for those who like to get involved with an election looming and wars going on, while tinking they can still have it both ways.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The gift is a second chance at life under and in the Kingdom. We were offered it out of God's grace. We still must reject the self serving ways of mankind, Good luck in that for those who like to get involved with an election looming and wars going on, while tinking they can still have it both ways.
The question is what are you believing in and trusting on for salvation from God's wrath (Ro 5:9)?

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Commandment two after relinquishing our will for His. That we remove focus from self and put it on the well being of others. Its all we can do in this life. He takes care of the rest.
So yours is a salvation apart from the gospel in Ro 3:22-25 of faith in Jesus of Nazareth and his atoning sacrifice?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So yours is a salvation apart from the gospel in Ro 3:22-25 of faith in Jesus of Nazareth and his atoning sacrifice?
He was the first resurrected. That opened the door for us. Not to be taken lightly and a fine example of putting the Father's will ahead of His own

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. He's been telling us to do that since the garden but no one listens. Their will looks for ways of circumventing his command. Jesus wouldn't have said repent if it were not His prime Gospel. He wouldn't have put the fact this new governance over man's will would happen in the Lord's Prayer if He didn't mean it. God opened the door for condemned man to His Kingdom yes, and we did nothing to bring it about but kill the Messiah. 2. But we are responsible for whether or not we are accepted. Otherwise no need for judgement day or any of this.
1 "putting God's will first ahead of their own."

The scriptures speak better than peoples words, the scriptures bring life, mens words death.

The opposite to what you say is shown to be done, as God has not been telling us since the garden to put gods will ahead of their own, how the Son of man alone came from heaven to do the fathers will, by not doing his own, and the Fathers will is for the Son to raise up all that the Father gives the Son, the last day, for them to see the Son and believe on the Son, to have everlasting life. ( through believing Christ is life, in His words that are life, that to have the Son of God is to have life, as he is everlasting life.)

John 6:36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

The second statement whether we are responsible for being accepted, is corrected by scripture.

The scripture teaches us that we are blessed by God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, by spiritual blessings in heaven in Christ, ( who came down from heaven not to do HIs own will but the Fathers) because the correct choosing was not from the garden as you think, but it is before the foundation of the world, we are chosen in Christ, to be holy and without blame, ( through the Son coming from heaven not to do HIs own will but the Fathers) this is the good pleasure of the fathers will, as it is the Son of God who MADE US ACCEPTED IN THE BELOVED.

Redemption through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ the Son of God, this is the riches of HIs grace, this is the wisdom and prudence given to us, ( through the Son of God and not in the garden) this is God MAKING KNOWN TO US THE MYSTERY OF HIS WILL, the purpose IN HIMSELF, gathering all things in heaven and on earth in Himself in Christ, which is God working ALL THIGNS AFTER THE COUNSEL OF HIS OWN WILL, we being the prise of HIs glory, trusting in Christ.

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2. Precisely what are you believing in and trusting on for salvation from God's wrath (Ro 5:9)?
His will, not ours.
1. "Clare 73: What is his will which saves you from condemnation?"

Such good questions, lets see if the two debating here want good answers or no.

Lets be precise then, and the scripture is the only place precision can be. ( we would hope it might be acceptable)

1. The condemnation is that light is come into the world, which is Gods will to save, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil, every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, to reprove their works of darkness, but those that do truth ( not just hearers only/deceiving their own selves) come to the light, that their deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

2. Saved from wrath through Jesus Christ, by HIs blood, reconciled to God by the death of HIs Son, ( accepted in the beloved) much more being reconciled we shall be saved by HIs life.

What then is being saved by His life ?

First to let no man deceive you with VAIN WORDS, to know because of walking in darkness the wrath of God comes upon the children of disobedience, and to not partake with them.

We were enemies when in darkness, now we are light in the Lord, to walk as children of light, having the fruit of the Spirit in all goodness and righteousness and truth, proving what is ACCEPTABLE UNTO THE LORD, ( believing we are accepted by Jesus Christ in the beloved) to have no fellowship with the unfruitful workers of darkness, but to reprove them, all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever does make manifest is light.

To see then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil, wherefore be not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Of His own will begat He us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Hear then how we escape from wrath through Him, by letting EVERY MAN swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath, For the wrath of man works not the righteousness of God.

Laying apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and RECEIVING WITH MEEKNESS THE ENGRAFTED WORD, which is ABLE TO SAVE YOUR SOULS.

Be doers of the word, and not hearers only, DECEIVING YOUR OWN SELVES.

John 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

James 1;18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He was the first resurrected. That opened the door for us. Not to be taken lightly and a fine example of putting the Father's will ahead of His own
Yes or no. . .anything else, including nothing, will be counted as a no.

Is Jesus of Nazareth the Son of God,
in whom salvation from eternal condemnation is by faith in and trust on his person and atoning work in his sacrificial death,
for the remission of one's sin?

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

in whom salvation from eternal condemnation is by faith in and trust on his person and atoning work in his sacrificial death,
People confess Christ as Lord, and yet deny Him in works.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Titus 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And that's a "no."

We have no basis for discussion.
The answer was a yes, you did not recognise it is all, because what faith is it to deny Christ in evil works.

Reading these verses below for being faithful, reveal how much you will be denying Clare, and how much assumption you are making to stick to your own point of view and show any willingness to discuss and show an open heart. Even Jesus Christ is is witnessed was faithful, how do you think you have any ability to show we do not have to be faithful also, just as Abraham as example for us also.

Matthew 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Luke 16:10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.

Galatians 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.

Revelation 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You are saying in your own way what I said.
That's a no.

We have no basis for discussion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0