WordAloud

Nov 14, 2012
✟17,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The Kingdom of God - Following Jesus and not looking back. Just take the plunge

I thought this passage my thoughts on it might be worthy to share.

I find this difficult. Let the dead bury their dead.

I think a reason is a sense of deep obligation to those who are not Christian - and who have been always and are kind to me.

It is to me a deepest sense of the verses to reach with love to everyone - and that this is a sign of contradiction.

I should not with to over-interpret the Gospel to make it comfortable to me.

The audio KJV is on my website: Daily Bible Verses | Follow Jesus | Kingdom Of God | King James Audio Bible – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

This is the first part of my reflection on the Gospel passage.

I expanded this later - on the post - but this is so brief and from the heart - in sort of one breath.

Luke 9: 57-62 - KJV​

57 ¶ And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

It is not for us to adapt Jesus to our lives; it is for us to conform our lives to Jesus. This is a lesson of these Gospel verses. Once we have heard the call of God through Jesus, there must be no umming and ahhing, no by now secondary considerations interfering in our new relationship with Jesus. Our life should now be his. As and when it is proper, all else will follow. If it isn’t appropriate, then it won’t.

We can probably imagine ourselves now holding things back from Jesus, for example during the Mass, as we walk as penitents to receive the Eucharist. How much is left behind? How much is un-given, un-confessed? How much are we really and absolutely offering ourselves to Christ? On a scale of zero to ten, how much are we even asking for the way of perfection?

Let me go first and bury my father. Let me go and say good bye to my family. Of course, Jesus would have us perform these loving acts, but this is not what is being pointed toward here. Here we have people making excuses for not being Christian right now. I must do this, I must do the other. I must consume my fill of life, and then when I am sated and half dead with life, I promise, I promise, I promise – please believe me! – I’ll follow you then, Lord.

We know what God asks of us. We have heard the message of Jesus, the perfection of all God says to teach us. We are called to be Christians. No excuses. Now is the time.

Concluding Prayer | Love Revealed By Jesus Christ

Shed your clear light on our hearts, Lord,
so that walking continually in the way of your commandments,
we may never be deceived or misled.
We make our prayer through our Lord.

Reactions: friend of

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is my take on what it means to let the dead bury their dead. Is it excuses for why people do not do as required, or it is something entirely different ?

Jesus also showed that He the Son of man had nowhere to lay HIs head.

Matthew 8:19 And a certain scribe came, and said unto him, Master, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Now, the teaching goes this direction, how those disciples knew God, or rather were known of God, they turned again to the elements of the world, and were in bondage to them. Observing what the many false prophets who rose to deceive many get them to do, which is to hear vanity, ( labour bestowed in vain) and the Gospel was preached to them, and they received Jesus Christ, ( as the many false prophet/teachers say to do) but the blessedness they speak, is different to what they did, and being told the truth, ( to not hear vanity) means an enemy is speaking to their ears.

Zeal that is worthwhile is to have more integrity in your belief, than failure at the first hurdle, or that you show you are capable of hearing the many deceivers who entered into this world, or that the only thing that can be heard is deception or something of interest for discussion. ( Apostle Paul shows the doubt for those who were believers, Christ is formed not by deception or half heartedness and great swelling words of vanity, but by sincerity instead.

So when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they do allure through the flesh, those who were clean escaped from them, ( from the elements of the world) they promise you liberty but they THEMSELVES, are the SERVANTS OF CORRUPTION

Not only it is terrible for who knew the way of righteousness and leaves it, it is why it was told to not turn back, because it is known it is to your own vomit.

Galatians 4:3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world:
4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
7 Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
12 Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all.
13 Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.
14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.
15 Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me.
16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
17 They zealously affect you, but not well; yea, they would exclude you, that ye might affect them.
18 But it is good to be zealously affected always in a good thing, and not only when I am present with you.
19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,
20 I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I think a reason is a sense of deep obligation to those who are not Christian - and who have been always and are kind to me.

It is to me a deepest sense of the verses to reach with love to everyone - and that this is a sign of contradiction.
Keeping in mind the context, where the time of Jesus' ministry was very short and demanded full attention and commitment.
Jesus is stressing the radical demands of discipleship to Jews, who placed great importance on the duty of children to bury their dead.

It's not about not caring, it's about the demands of Jesus' discipleship being more important than other matters.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Repentance means leaving the ways and will of man behind. Ways used to make this world in our own image, Those who do not repent/change to putting the will of God ahead of the will of man, are still under the original punishment, dead. There are the ways of carnal thinking we were born with which lead only to destruction, or the option to be of the Kingdom rejecting the self serving ways of man.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We seems to assume we are of this world like the other creatures around us, rather than placed here as a conduit to God where our real purpose once was God's maintenance tools through which He worked. We unfortunately decided on becoming tools that thought we could do the job without His direction. Kinda like the day when AI decides it is the superior being here and we have no relationship to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keeping in mind the context, where the time of Jesus' ministry was very short and demanded full attention and commitment.
Jesus is stressing the radical demands of discipleship to Jews, who placed great importance on the duty of children to bury their dead.

It's not about not caring, it's about the demands of Jesus' discipleship being more important than other matters.
That is why we have it prophesied to the children of Israel, that it will be a vexation only to understand the report, everything us shorter than they can manage, when the Lord rose to do HIs strange work, and bring to pass His act, His strange act. Now they cannot be mockers, ( the children of Israel hearing Christ) as a consumption was determined from the Lord God of hosts upon the whole earth.

Isaiah 22:19 From the time that it goeth forth it shall take you: for morning by morning shall it pass over, by day and by night: and it shall be a vexation only to understand the report.
20 For the bed is shorter than that a man can stretch himself on it: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.
21 For the Lord shall rise up as in mount Perazim, he shall be wroth as in the valley of Gibeon, that he may do his work, his strange work; and bring to pass his act, his strange act.
22 Now therefore be ye not mockers, lest your bands be made strong: for I have heard from the Lord God of hosts a consumption, even determined upon the whole earth.

Hosea 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.

Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

It is also about as testified, how the Gospel was preached and many men were pressing into it, and there is only one way in, as Jesus Christ is the door which few find.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Luke 16:14 And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Repentance means leaving the ways and will of man behind. Ways used to make this world in our own image, Those who do not repent/change to putting the will of God ahead of the will of man, are still under the original punishment, dead. There are the ways of carnal thinking we were born with which lead only to destruction, or the option to be of the Kingdom rejecting the self serving ways of man.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
Repentance is seen in the examples of the apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ, exhorted by them, reminded, refreshed, to have a pure/purified belief, in God and not man, because godly sorrow works repentance to salvation, not to be repented of, ( not looking back or hearing vanity/the many false teachers we are predicted to have who speak and do nothing like the Pharisees)

Those who believe, upon reading these testimonies of the witnesses of the Lord, are clear in those matters.

The apostles of the Lord have their conversation in heaven, where we also look for the Lord Jesus Christ, but men who assume they should be teachers in the time we are told only about many false prophets, rising to deceive many, mind earthly things, are in fact the enemies of the cross of Christ, they serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, using good words and fair speeches to deceive the hearts of the simple, but as Jesus says, a stronger than Solomon is here, so we have strength to not be deceived by forums.

Romans 16:18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

2 Corinthians 7:9 Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

Philippians 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

Philippians 4:9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, absolutely. Also as written: There is a way that SEEMS RIGHT to men(or religion) , but the ways thereof are the ways of death/destruction!
Yes, looking up what is written, it is the house of the wicked that is overthrown, and the tabernacle of the upright flourishes. That is the way that seems right unto a man, the wicked falls by his own wickedness, wickedness overthrows the sinner, the Lord is known by the judgment which he executes, the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands, the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God, as it is written, He takes the wise in their own craftiness.

The righteousness of the perfect directs their way, righteousness keeps him that is upright in the way, away from the ways of the wicked, who labour for themselves, the ungodly man digs up evil, his lips are a burning fire, the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell, the forward man sows strife, the whisperers separate chief friends, being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, the violent man entices his neighbour, and leads him in a way that is not good, devising forward things, moving their lips ( or text on forums) to bring evil to pass, the hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness. ( then the way that seems right to a man, does not seem right any more, when we hear the right way)

Proverbs 11:5 The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.

Proverbs 13:6 Righteousness keepeth him that is upright in the way: but wickedness overthroweth the sinner.

Proverbs 14:11 The house of the wicked shall be overthrown: but the tabernacle of the upright shall flourish.
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 16:25 There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
26 He that laboureth laboureth for himself; for his mouth craveth it of him.
27 An ungodly man diggeth up evil: and in his lips there is as a burning fire.
28 A froward man soweth strife: and a whisperer separateth chief friends.
29 A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into the way that is not good.
30 He shutteth his eyes to devise froward things: moving his lips he bringeth evil to pass.
31 The hoary head is a crown of glory, if it be found in the way of righteousness.

Psalm 9:16 The Lord is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.

Romans 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The audio KJV is on my website: Daily Bible Verses | Follow Jesus | Kingdom Of God | King James Audio Bible – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

This is the first part of my reflection on the Gospel passage.

I expanded this later - on the post - but this is so brief and from the heart - in sort of one breath.

Luke 9: 57-62 - KJV​

57 ¶ And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

It is not for us to adapt Jesus to our lives; it is for us to conform our lives to Jesus. This is a lesson of these Gospel verses. Once we have heard the call of God through Jesus, there must be no umming and ahhing, no by now secondary considerations interfering in our new relationship with Jesus. Our life should now be his. As and when it is proper, all else will follow. If it isn’t appropriate, then it won’t.

We can probably imagine ourselves now holding things back from Jesus, for example during the Mass, as we walk as penitents to receive the Eucharist. How much is left behind? How much is un-given, un-confessed? How much are we really and absolutely offering ourselves to Christ? On a scale of zero to ten, how much are we even asking for the way of perfection?

Let me go first and bury my father. Let me go and say good bye to my family. Of course, Jesus would have us perform these loving acts, but this is not what is being pointed toward here. Here we have people making excuses for not being Christian right now. I must do this, I must do the other. I must consume my fill of life, and then when I am sated and half dead with life, I promise, I promise, I promise – please believe me! – I’ll follow you then, Lord.

We know what God asks of us. We have heard the message of Jesus, the perfection of all God says to teach us. We are called to be Christians. No excuses. Now is the time.

Concluding Prayer | Love Revealed By Jesus Christ

Shed your clear light on our hearts, Lord,
so that walking continually in the way of your commandments,
we may never be deceived or misled.
We make our prayer through our Lord.
" Let the dead bury the dead". This group combines those who are dead and alive and it speaks of the " spiritual death" also known as the " second death ". Those in Christ will master death while this group will not.

Roman's 6
Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.9For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.10The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
" Let the dead bury the dead". This group combines those who are dead and alive and it speaks of the " spiritual death" also known as the " second death ". Those in Christ will master death while this group will not.

Roman's 6
Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.9For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him.10The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.
It is actually the opposite, the living to the dead, is God who says He lives,

God is the living, and the people wo are dead should seek unto the living, ( God)

That is why the command is go thou and preach the Gospel, again it is to speak the words of this life.

Deuteronomy 32:40 For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

Isaiah 8:19And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Luke 9:60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Acts 5:20 Go, stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words of this life.

Hebrews 9:14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When the cross is preached, those who perish consider foolishness is preached, but unto those who are saved, it is the power of God.

God destroys through this, the wisdom of the wise, as the understanding of the once prudent, is brought to nothing.

It pleased god by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. ( no flesh can glorify in the presence of the lord, those who are nothing are called, not many wise are called.

The apostle Paul did that calling, as the Gospel was committed unto him, ( 1 Timothy 1:11.) and he warns us, to ignore the self appointed tens of thousands of instructors in Christ, and to be followers of him.

We are to ignore the speech of them that are puffed up, ( puffed up in knowledge and who are not edified in charity. 1 Corinthians 8:11.) to know the power of God, ( the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.) for the KINGDOM OF GOD IS NOT IN WORD, ( BY THOSE WHO ARE PUFFED UP) BUT IN POWER.

God causes us to triumph in Christ, and makes manifest the savour of his knowledge by the apostles in every place. they are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish.

To the one they are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life.
The apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak they in Christ.

We are to walk in love, as Christ also has loved us, and has given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.

Fornication, and all uncleanness, covetousness, is to not once be named among us, as becomes saints, no filthiness, no foolish talking, no jesting, we know that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

No man is to deceive us with vain words, because of those things comes the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience, we are therefore to not be partakers with them. ( just let the dead bury their dead.)

We have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but we rather reprove them, it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret. All things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever does make manifest is light. Wherefore He says, Awake you that sleep, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. ( let the dead bury their dead, but go thou and preach the gospel.)

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1 Corinthians 4:14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
17 For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.
18 Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.
19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power.
20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

2 Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?
17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Ephesians 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The apostle again warn us of the many false teachers who shall be among us NOW, bringing in damnable heresies, denying the Lord through them, and many follow their subtle ways, they speak evil of the truth, with covetousness they USE feigned words, to make merchandise of you.

The apostle reminds us of Lot hurt by the FILTHY conversation of the wicked, in seeing and hearing heir unlawful deeds from day to day.

That the Lord knows how to deliver the ungodly out of temptation, ( as Lot was delivered from the false people) and reserve those same unjust men unto the day of judgement. It is CHIEFLY them that walk after uncleanness, who DESPISE GOVERNMENT, they are PRESUMPTEOUS, self willed, NOT AFRAID TO SPEAK EVIL OF DIGNITIES.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrah giving themselves over to fornication, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire, LIKEWISE also, these FILTHY DREAMERS defile the flesh, DESPISE DOMINION ( DESPISE GOVERNMENT.) and SPEAK EVIL OF DIGNITIES.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2 Peter 2:7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

2 Peter 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And that Gospel was the Kingdom of God. Live by His will, not our own. He governs us, rather than us governing each other.
That gospel is whoever believes in me shall not perish but have eternal life. . .whoever does not believe in me stands condemned already (Jn 3:16, 18).

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No, it may be good news (gospel) but that was the result of putting God's will first ahead of our own. Jesus only said (roughly 72 times) that His Gospel was the coming Kingdom of God both as a place and as a government, deleting man's self mandated authority over each other. Believing in Him is believing His Gospel and in the rule of God over man, not man over man.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, it may be good news (gospel) but that was the result of putting God's will first ahead of our own. Jesus only said (roughly 72 times) that His Gospel was the coming Kingdom of God both as a place and as a government, deleting man's self mandated authority over each other. Believing in Him is believing His Gospel and in the rule of God over man, not man over man.
Nope. . .that is contra-gospel and contra-NT, which the NT anathematizes (curses) in Gal 1:9.

Believing in Jesus Christ, which is the only means of salvation, did not happen by anything anyone did (Eph 2:8-9) in putting God's will first ahead of their own.
It happened only by the gift of faith (Php 1:29, Ac 13:48, Ac 18:27, 2 Pe 1:1, Ro 12:3) from the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
by putting God's will first ahead of their own.
He's been telling us to do that since the garden but no one listens. Their will looks for ways of circumventing his command. Jesus wouldn't have said repent if it were not His prime Gospel. He wouldn't have put the fact this new governance over man's will would happen in the Lord's Prayer if He didn't mean it. God opened the door for condemned man to His Kingdom yes, and we did nothing to bring it about but kill the Messiah. But we are responsible for whether or not we are accepted. Otherwise no need for judgement day or any of this.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He's been telling us to do that since the garden but no one listens. Their will looks for ways of circumventing his command. Jesus wouldn't have said repent if it were not His prime Gospel. He wouldn't have put the fact this new governance over man's will would happen in the Lord's Prayer if He didn't mean it. God opened the door for condemned man to His Kingdom yes, and we did nothing to bring it about but kill the Messiah. But we are responsible for whether or not we are accepted. Otherwise no need for judgement day or any of this.
Precisely. . .salvation only by the gift of faith (Php 1:29, Ac 13:48, Ac 18:27, 2 Pe 1:1, Ro 12:3) from the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0