~The Journal of an Esoteric Christian~

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
November 25, 2003

This is just my new journal. Because of the nature of my beliefs the journal is better suited in the Liberal Theology section instead of the Christian only Journal section. And that's understandable. My other one may get moved over here or may not I'm not sure but I'll just start a new one:angel:

The energy lately has been high strung. I've noticed the shift in energy starting last week and then today at work. Sunday was a New Moon but normally that type of energy shift happens during a Full Moon. Strong prayers were in order for today. Energy either good or bad is contagious so prayers were needed. As always energy is never static so it will balance itself.

As I walk this spiritual path
May my feet be guided by
Wings of angels lift me higher
With the vision of eagle's eye

~ShekinahMoon~

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
November 26th, 2003

Meditating on the many names of God is one of the best forms of mediation around. It brings up questions such as why does God have so many names? And what is the property of each name? I know some people pray different names of God for different needs and I see a lot of wisdom in that.

God is a God of many names and I can not even imagine the resounding thunder in heaven as the angels call out his name over and over again. Never ceasing. Always amazing.

To have the praise power of an angel would be exciting. I'm just glad God looks at our sincerity in our praise and not the magnitude of the praise. He has a heaven full of angels for resounding thunder. From us he needs the heart.

Bestow upon me the Kingdom's mysteries...
That I may see. That I may hear.....

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
November 26, 2003

"No one never needs to defend their beliefs but always have answers for what you believe."

That's a loose translation of 1 Peter 3:15. If we have no answers for our own belief then we must question why we believe the way that we do.

Fact of life: there is a standard in society concerning how we should live, where we should go, who we should associate with, what we should do, what we should believe, what music we should listen to. And this applies to every aspect of our lives from our religion to our politics. And if you are a liberal in any category of life (religion, politics, art, etc) your views will come under question at some point in time. Always be able to give a general explanation to why you painted that picture, or wrote that commentary, or have that belief, or live by that philosophy. Not so that you can argue, only that you may help someone by your convictions.

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
November 26, 2003

Friendship is a circle because it is continuous. The love between friends is never broken even when truly tested. Sort of like the Yin Yang symbol. There is a little bit of you in your friend and a little bit of your friend within you. The two are connected as trust friends should be. Friendship is a bond that is strong and will last over the course of a lifetime and for some even beyond. For I do believe when I get to heaven there I will see the friends I’ve made over the course of my life and what a reunion that will be.

I am Yin and you are Yang
This circle is made of you and me
We share a bond which connects the two
We bless each other, blessed be.
~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
November 27, 2003

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Everyday is a great day to be thankful but today is a nice day to really focus on what God and Goddess has done for us. :clap:

I am thankful for the Trinity they are always there to love, guide and protect me. I am thankful for the love of family and friends. Love is the greatest gift anybody could ever give us. I am thankful I can be a help to others. That's the greatest gift we could give others is to be a help along the way. And I am thankful for all the blessings that are given me. Blessings I see and the ones unseen and unknown.

I thank my God for blessings known
For blessings unknown I thank you more
I honor you I give thanks and praise
You reign. You rule from heavens door.

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 1st, 2003

Today marks the beginning of a new month and the countdown to Christmas. I love Christmas for the spiritual and secular reasons. To honor the birth of my Lord is truly an honor. The day he came into this world the heavens had to rejoice and sing. For not just a child was born but THE child was born. The three Magi knew from the stars the day of his birth and set out on their journey to honor the one the scrolls had talked about for so long. Finally the anointed had come into the world. That had to be some exciting times for them and others who understood what the birth of the Messiah meant.

I like the secular things of Christmas. The Christmas songs, egg nog (minus the alcohol), the light decorations and just the more pleasant energy people have about themselves. People are more friendly and that's always a good thing. I look forward to the rest of this month :)

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

onikirimaru777

Seeker of the Hidden
Oct 18, 2003
Pflugerville, Texas
Visit site
✟1,623.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I might be the only one to say this, but so be it. Im a personal fan of this wee little journal, its a good read every post. It took some guts to post a thread like this on a christian forum. Well i just wanted to say im a fan of this thread, so keep up the good work.

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
onikirimaru777 said:
I might be the only one to say this, but so be it. Im a personal fan of this wee little journal, its a good read every post. It took some guts to post a thread like this on a christian forum. Well i just wanted to say im a fan of this thread, so keep up the good work.
Blessings,

You are too kind. I'm glad you enjoy the read. I enjoy writing it. I enjoy expressing my self in written form from poetry to ariticles. :)

Here's 100 blessings to you for being so sweet.

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 2, 2003

As I was coming into work this morning I heard the chattering of a bird and I looked up and since the leaves have fallen I can see the branches of the trees. The bird started making noises and then another bird showed up and then another and then I saw the "Dance of the Birds". (Just a pet name I created for what I saw :) )The birds were small and were fluttering from branch to branch but staying on the same section of the tree. There were about four birds all fluttering around each other. And one more joined in and there were five and another joined in and there were six. I lost count after that but one by one a small bird joined in this worship dance that only nature can understand. I was grateful that they honored me with their dance. I do not believe in coincidence. All things happen on purpose even if we never know why. Nature honors us all the time with the gift of beauty. Today I have been blessed.

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 3rd, 2003

I was instant messaging this morning and this person encouraged me with very divine inspired words.

Spiritual means love. Love only makes you a fearless person and when you are fearless then intuition gives you the direction.
I've been meditating and chewing on that all morning.

Love is an odd blessing. The more of it you give away the more of it comes back to you.

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 4th, 2003

I was looking at pictures of the replica of the Tabernacle and was just amazed at the beauty yet simplicity of the structure. I look at these pictures and it looks like any portable worship structure. Something I may see walking in the desert of the Middle East. And I try to match my awe from reading about the Tabernacle to my "I thought it would be glowing or something" thought when I see a replica. It is such a mystery that the Hebrews had the presence of God so visibly within these portable walls. That the Ark of the Covenant, the most sacred item of it's day, and the seat of the presence of God was kept in such humble quarters.

I've always been moved by the Tabernacle and Temple system. I adore how the system worked and why it was needed in the first place. And the relics of the place I can only imagine their beauty. But just seeing the replica's made my heart move with more love to God. His symbolism is just beautiful.

http://www.bibleplaces.com/tabernaclemore.htm

Tabernacle%20Ark%20of%20Covenant%20with%20cherubim,%20tb%20n030301_t.jpg

Tabernacle%20from%20above,%20bb%20n032300_t.jpg

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 5th, 2003

I like reading the words of God in my Bible. They are strong. There is no doubt that he IS God. His words are rooted, very sure, confidant, unshakeable. He is the Rock. Gotta love that about God :bow: He is to be worshiped with total devotion.

This morning I'm reading Isaiah 44:6-8

"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts:
"I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God.
And who can proclaim as I do?
Then let him declare it and set it in order for Me,
Since I appointed the ancient people.
And the things that are coming and shall come,
Let them show these to them.
Do not fear, nor be afraid;
Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?
You are My witnesses.
Is there a God besides Me?
Indeed there is no other Rock;
I know not one."'
~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 6, 2003

As I was surfing the many message boards I tend to read and a few I actually post on I was reading a thread where the members where really supporting each other. One of the posters was frustrated in her spiritual walk and other members of the board gave her such comfort and support. And I started thinking about the church in Acts. How they were there to comfort and support each other during hard times. No one understood what it meant to be a follower of Christ in those early years better than another person who was a follower of Christ.

And this is true today. Noone can understand your walk unless they have walked in your shoes or are currently walking in your shoes.

On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day
Show us your love and your power
Bless our walk and our way

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 7, 2003

I was thinking about the phrase "our daily bread". And how important it is we daily get fed some truth and understandings. It is kinda hard to stand firm on weak ground. We have to fortify our footings in order to stand firm. We have to be in prayer and meditation with the Divine in order to know our Father's voice. We have to read and study in order to be equipped to grow our walk. Living in a country that allows freedom of religion and freedom of speech means nobody can tell us what we have to read or what we can not read. We should exercise this freedom daily and get spiritually fed.

As we walk this journey's path
May our steps be lead by grace
Feed us with your ancient words
So we may see Christ's holy face

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 8, 2003

The natural wonders of God never cease to amaze me. I tend to like the big wonders like the Grand Canyon and Niagra Falls. Wonders that only God could have created. I would love to visit the Grand Canyon one day just to see how the hand of God molded that place. The natural wonders are the best way to see the face of God. In his creation we see a reflection of who God is. Before there was a written word to know God there was God's creation and that is how people used to find the voice and face of God. In the wind and in lakes. Tonight I'll see the face of God in the moon. Another natural wonder of God.

Bless us Lord as we seek your face
Bless us Lord as we walk by grace
Bless us Lord as the clock strikes noon
Bless us Lord as you reveal your Full Moon

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 9th, 2003

As a Christian I serve a God who is all seeing and all knowing and all present. There is not a place where his presence is not. There is never a time he is not present. God is over our world like his flame was over the tabernacle.

Exodus 40:35
So the cloud of the LORD was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel during all their travels.
He is ever present. The greastest mystery is how someone can not feel the presence of their creator. :( For God always was, is and forever will be in our presence.

He speaks through a bush
He speaks through a wind
He speaks through the animals
He speaks now as he did then

God speak to our hearts
God speak to our minds
God speak to our spirits
May we hear the Divine.

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 10, 2003

Serving others is a great way to get in touch with ourselves. It shows us where our sacrifice meter is located. ^_^ We learn how much we are truly willing to sacrifice of our selves and our time and our money for the betterment of others. What tends to fuel our efforts is the belief that the end result is worth our time and energy. To know that the person or people will have benefited from what we had to offer is it's own reward.

To help our world grow and thrive
Giving is a sacred chance
To help our neighbor help themselves
Giving is a sacred dance

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 11, 2003

I was meditating yesterday and was as restless as a two year old ^_^. After 20 minutes my mind finally settled down from all the busyness of the day and I was able to sit in the stillness and then I realized I was able to feel the presence of God a whole lot better. This reminds me of 1 Kings 19:11-13

The LORD said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the LORD , for the LORD is about to pass by." Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the LORD , but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"
God can speak through the storm and through the earthquake. He has often used the awesome aspect of nature to speak to his prophets and to show his presence. God also speaks in the whisper and in the silence when we tend to have "an ear to hear".

The was an earthquake and the wind tore through the moutains and fire came next.

Earth, Wind, & Fire

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 12, 2003

Oh to have the energy of youth ^_^ I was talking to some teenagers yesterday and they were excited. I'm not sure if they were excited about anything in particular, they were just excited about life. Everything is new to them and they laugh a lot. And that is what struck me. They laugh so much they were just plain silly :) . The thing is laughing and smiling is contagious. The more they giggled the more I started laughing...not as outburst as they were but I was smiling and laughing just the same. And I carried that smile through out my day. Hopefully I passed that smile along to someone else.

"From a small child comes the gift of a smile"-ShekinahMoon

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 13, 2003

I was reading earlier today about what is worship. :bow: About how in the Bible offerings were a major focus of one's worship experiences. Giving back to God what is already his. And I thought about the offering of praise as a form of worship. How singing with a full voice the hymn or praise song is giving God what he seeks from us and that is our devotion.

My favorite song to sing to God in a full loud voice is the Doxology (the words are below):

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heav'nly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Amen.

That is one beautiful and powerful song. If you have never heard this before you gotta find a song clip of it and just hear it. Nothing like hearing an entire congregation lifting this song up to God.

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0