~The Journal of an Esoteric Christian~

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 14, 2003

I went to a book signing the other day and came away not just buying the book that was being discussed but a few of the other books the author wrote. ^_^ What I did realize is that when you have a chance to listen to the author explain the context of the book and the history of why the book was created in the first place it really helps to understand the book so much better. And you get so much more out of the book once you read it. Not to mention it is really exciting to meet other people who are there with the same interest you have. Plus having your book signed by the author and addressed to you is really cool too. ;)

Blessings to those who write
Blessings to those who read
Blessings to those who create
Bless the spiritual needs

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 15, 2003

I was reading something earlier today and the first thought that came into my mind is where there is nothing to do people go and find something to do. Maybe it's the idea a lot of children are taught that if you are sitting still there is something you could be doing instead. We live in a society that if you are not doing something then you are wasting time. The idea that being still is valuable is lost to a lot of people. My thought is if there is nothing to do then be still and know that God is. Finding something to do is not always as productive as it seems. It can be quite counter productive.

In the stillness of my voice I know that you are God
In the stillness of my mind I know that you are Wise
In the stillness of my body I know that you are Holy
In the stillness of my soul I know that you are Divine

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 17, 2003

Before we pray we should take a look at our inner feelings and emotions. Are we angry, hurt or even vengeful? We should come to God calm or at least calmed down ^_^ This way our prayers to God are not riddled with accusations and desires for "an eye for an eye". Yes we are children of God but we do not always need to come to God with the emotions of a child. Besides have you ever tried to talk to an angry child? They never hear a word you say. Wonder what happens when go to God in prayer just like an angry child. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Hear our thoughts when we pray
Give us quiet when our hearts do stray
Love us guide us on our way
Decrease our frustrations every day.

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 18, 2003

I'm a Christian and I think about Christ a lot. Today I was thinking about Jesus as our High Priest. And what that means. To me that means that he is the one we go to for confession, for forgiveness. He is our counselor or advisor. He is the embodiment of the mysterious. He walks daily with God and intercedes for us all the time. Simply put he is the top dog. The head huncho. Numero uno. All things spiritual and mystical begin and end with him. Yep the Alpha and the Omega.

Hebrews 4:14

Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.

*singing the song we sung in church*

"And I'm going to get my blessings right now."

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 19, 2003

Ahhhh the stuff that makes the holidays a little brighter and well also a little colder. ^_^ There is just something about snow that makes us more childlike. Putting on the mittens and coats and making angels in the snow is something fun to do. Or watching the snow fall at nighttime with the street lamps lighting up the fluffy stuff as it falls. And to cap off the whole winter wonderland experience how about some hot coco and listening the song "Let It Snow Let It Snow Let It Snow"

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we've no place to go
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signs of stopping
And I've bought some corn for popping
The lights are turned way down low

When we finally kiss goodnight
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight
All the way home I'll be warm

The fire is slowly dying
And, my dear, we're still goodbying
But as long as you love me so

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 21, 2003

Health is an amazing equalizer. Does not matter if you are rich or poor or what your looks are like or your age. We all have only one body. And that's it. Does not matter if we fly private jets, vacation on secluded resorts, shop at expensive stores, or live in gated communities in million dollar homes. We need our bodies to do all of that . And if we do not take care of our health all the riches in the world can not give us back our health if we loose it. Heart attacks, strokes, high blood pressure, cancer, and other life threatening illnesses do not care about our bank accounts or where we grew up or who are parents are or who we know. The body is the temple. It is holy because in it the Holy Spirit dwells within us (or at least it should :o ). As the winter season kicks into high gear and as everybody is coming down with the cold and flu may we all take care of the temple God has blessed us with.

Lord God, bless us with divine health and wellness. Grant us the wisdom to make wise decisions about our daily health habits. Enlighten us to the choices we make if the choice does not "do the body good".

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 22, 2003

Every living thing has energy and therefore has an energy level. And understanding and maintaining our own energy is important for our own peace and emotional balance. When our energy is raised we tend to be strong in our emotions such as very happy, excited, hurt, angry, or passionate. And we accomplish much during these strong emotional times. What we accomplish can be good or bad but still we manage to get a lot done during these times. Learning how to manage our energy basically means learning also how to handle our emotions. Knowing when to calm down or when it's a good thing to get very excited gives us control over the energy we use and conserve. Basically, we become empowered and not a slave to our run away emotions.

Close your eyes and take in deep breaths
Hold for three counts and then release
Lift up the rib cage and breath deeper than before
Notice how your breath intake has just increased

Open your eyes and breath twice as fast
Feel your energy raise higher and higher
Focus your thoughts on your breath
Feel empowered, stronger and mightier

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
December 27, 2003

Hmmm nothing like the holidays to get your life really busy and off your normal schedule. I've been around family for the last four days and it's been fun, real, busy and I'm glad to be home ^_^ Nothing like the holidays to help you appreciate being back in your own home. But it is always nice to be in the company of one's family.

I thank you God for the love you give.
I thank you Goddess for the family you gave
I am blessed to belong to a family of people
Who loves me with the love from the one who saves.

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
Januray 1, 2004

Well happppppppy newwwwwwwww yearssssssss Christian Forums. Yep hugs right back at ya :hug:

So what is in store for this year? I'm not sure but I am looking forward to getting wiser and being happier. I look forward to my spiritual growth and a closer relationship to the God and Goddess. More time with family and friends and more peace. I look forward to the changes and growth to my website that is almost a year old. Amazing that site is almost a year old. wow. I look forward to giving more. I need to give more of my resources to help to make a difference in this world. I would like to see this world get better not worse. 2004 is going to be a blessed year. :wave:

Twelve months have passed
I'm back where I started
Jan 1st sees my face once again

I have not gone full circle
I've grown from where I've parted
Because it's Jan 1 but 2004. Amen.

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
January 4, 2004

One of my goals for 2004 is to become disciplined in meditation. Calming and discipling the mind helps with our lives on so many levels. So far I've done a good job with daily meditation (yea I know it's only been three days for 2004 ^_^ ) let me brag in six months. But it takes daily steps to create a daily routine. And right now that's one of the two main goals I have for meditation which is to develop discipline. The other is to quiet the mind.

As I sit quiet and still I feel the wind whisper
I see the sun move and I hear the earth speak
And the whole time my eyes are closed
I open my vision and I see greener grass and whiter walls
That's what happens when the sun rays fill your Third Eye

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
Sometimes when we get into disagreements with others it helps to remember that just like the spirit of God resides in us the spirit of God resides in other people as well. The light can shine in all of us. When we are looking at others when we are disagreeing realize you are looking at another person who the spirit of God has decided to dwell in. And that God thinks very highly of this person to rest his spirit there.

1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1=10 people

10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10=100 people

And so on and so on.

When we each add our personal light the collective light gets bigger and brighter.

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
March 15th 2004

I was thinking about this phrase earlier today. Is it people? Then those who are single could not have a home and many of them do. Is it children? Then childless people would never have a home verses a house. There are lots of elements that one could mention but I think what makes a house a home more than anything else is peace. Without peace no place can feel “at home”. Not even your own house can feel like home where peace is not present. And not just peace between the members of the house but personal peace. When one’s house environment reflects who they are and reinforces the positive truths about themselves then a house will feel like home. Home is where the heart is. And if your heart is at peace then you are home anywhere…even in your own house.

As a flame burns bright
Signaling the night
Saying the world is alright
While it’s flame takes flight

We choose love not might
We choose peace not fight
No words that bark or bite
Of the world we are a light

Upvote 0