✟88,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
G'won, free yourself.

That's why it's there. I wear that cross because of the ideal that it represents, not because of some dogma that men create to dupe the gullible and naive. I don't wear it because of such people, I wear it in spite of such people. It means that I choose to do what's right no matter what you, your God, or your supposed morality have to say about it, no matter who you are. I will choose what is right and what is good, and that's all that God will ever expect of me.

To paraphrase Micah 6:8 in its entirety, "He has shown you my son what is good, and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God." Now if for some reason you take offense to the words "thy God" then simply replace them with "thy fellow man" or "thy neighbor" for in walking humbly with them you have fulfilled the spirit of the command, for that has been all along what God intended.

I'm not enslaved by that cross. I'm freed by that cross. I don't have any expectations to live up to, beyond that which I have chosen for myself. And between me and God... that's enough, that I do what my heart compels me to do... without concern for what others may think of me when I do it. I'm not trying to live up to His expectations... I'm trying to live up to mine... and that cross reminds me that if I fail in that attempt... I'm forgiven.

So, it's a cross... it's been there a long time... and it ain't coming off.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
If black holes collapse into stars again... I can not imagine the destructive force of a supermassive black hole at the heart of a galaxy lighting up.

What's the time frame of this matter refresh cycle you are proposing?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If black holes collapse into stars again... I can not imagine the destructive force of a supermassive black hole at the heart of a galaxy lighting up.

What's the time frame of this matter refresh cycle you are proposing?

The OP is all a stream of nonsense that gets numerous basic facts wrong.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
The OP is all a stream of nonsense that gets numerous basic facts wrong.
I realise, but I'm curious if they've even considered how they think a star with 4 million times the mass of our sun would operate.

Upvote 0