Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That failure rate is based on both proper and improper use. The failure rate for proper use is around 3%.

The failure rate is what it is, no matter hoiw people use them. No ifs, ands, or buts. Fifteen percent is still fifteen percent.

You just don't want to believe the truth, do you?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That doesn't mean they married her off that day.. lol.

It will mean the family will begin looking toward who her spouse may be etc. But even if they had a couple considerations before your still dealing with her assistance in the choice and a period of time for betrothal etc.

They simply didn't marry off their girls the second they began menstruating..

Consider Jacob who fell in love with Rachel and worked 7 years for her father as the bride price...

Do you think Jacob fell in love with a 6 year old child? Or at the least someone in their middle to later teens? My vote is she wasn't a 6 year old child, but rather, was likely a typical teenager..

will you please stop intentionally trying to twist everything I say to it’s worst possible context? I didn’t say they were married off that day my point was that at the age of 11-13 years old in biblical times girls were considered to be an adult and were able to be married. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if they were often in a relationship by this time and married off soon afterwards. Even if they waited until the age of 16 to be married a woman is still capable of having more than one child every
2 years. I have two nephews that are 11 months apart. The Guinness book world record holder for the most children is 69 children. So my example of 30-40 is not a ridiculously impossible number for an average person to be capable of having. Most people simply choose not to have so many children.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The failure rate is what it is, no matter hoiw people use them. No ifs, ands, or buts. Fifteen percent is still fifteen percent.

You just don't want to believe the truth, do you?

I’m not denying am I? I’m simply explaining it in the proper context. If it’s not used properly then of course the failure rate is going to be higher. You can’t blame the condom for improper use. See I’m not simply trying to show evidence that more supports my side of the debate, I’m simply showing ALL the evidence in the proper context.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If the 15% statistic is correct then out of the hundreds of condoms I’ve used I should’ve encountered at least one failure.
There are condoms of different quality......maybe you have been using one of the better brands.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No Christian church teaches that your soul is waiting for a body. Heresy.
When you are ready to follow God and not christian teachings, we can proceed. In the old days, the church of god taught something very different than what Jesus taught...or so they believed....just as much as you believed now. They had good reason to dismiss the words of a carpenter's son....just as you have good reason to dismiss my words.

God does not abort fetus'
The most common type of abortion is the spontaneous abortion. They far out number the abortions spoken of in this thread. Since they happen on their own without the will or desire of humans.....I say they are known only by God...... Unless you feel God doesnt know and cause everything.

Adam is both the proper name of the first man and also means mankind because all mankind came from him and Eve.

I see your beliefs are important to you......Therefore, I do not wish to separate you from them. Continue believing........until you desire to know.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
will you please stop intentionally trying to twist everything I say to it’s worst possible context?
This is a common ploy by those who cannot reason with or for truth..... They must inflate things to appeal to the readers emotions instead of intellect....For they know that common sense must be removed for their words to rings true.

We must get use to it or avoid debate threads.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
will you please stop intentionally trying to twist everything I say to it’s worst possible context? I didn’t say they were married off that day my point was that at the age of 11-13 years old in biblical times girls were considered to be an adult and were able to be married. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if they were often in a relationship by this time and married off soon afterwards. Even if they waited until the age of 16 to be married a woman is still capable of having more than one child every
2 years. I have two nephews that are 11 months apart. The Guinness book world record holder for the most children is 69 children. So my example of 30-40 is not a ridiculously impossible number for an average person to be capable of having. Most people simply choose not to have so many children.

Yes, your number is impossible for the average woman. Still. Defend it all you like. It's still ridiculous.

Good day.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When you are ready to follow God and not christian teachings, we can proceed. In the old days, the church of god taught something very different than what Jesus taught...or so they believed....just as much as you believed now. They had good reason to dismiss the words of a carpenter's son....just as you have good reason to dismiss my words.

The most common type of abortion is the spontaneous abortion. They far out number the abortions spoken of in this thread. Since they happen on their own without the will or desire of humans.....I say they are known only by God...... Unless you feel God doesnt know and cause everything.

I see your beliefs are important to you......Therefore, I do not wish to separate you from them. Continue believing........until you desire to know.

I follow Jesus. You are following something else.

I don't think God causes everything. He knows about everything and I believe he steps in when it is in his will to do so. God can not sin, man sins. God doesn't cause a person to sin.

I am an evangelical creationist.
Evangelical Beliefs

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I follow Jesus. You are following something else.

I don't think God causes everything. He knows about everything and I believe he steps in when it is in his will to do so. God can not sin, man sins. God doesn't cause a person to sin.

I am an evangelical creationist.
Evangelical Beliefs
May you find comfort in your beliefs

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If the 15% statistic is correct then out of the hundreds of condoms I’ve used I should’ve encountered at least one failure.
Actually, generalizing to a whole population from your own experience is a risky thing. There are always outliers for one reason or another.

You might have just been very lucky. Or very careful in using them exactly according to instructions. Or maybe you're little guys are not very strong swimmers and you wouldn't have impregnated anyone even without a condom. Who knows.

The statistics are accurate. And they have been consistent for about 30 years. Of 100 users, there will be fifteen pregnancies within a year. Your experience does not prove otherwise. And that is because without evidence of potency your experience doesn't mean the condoms actually worked. Have you ever had any children deliberately?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Not true. The statistic is 85 percent of the time condoms work; 15 percent of the time they don't. That is, of course, based on MILLOINS of people using condoms, used, not one person.
Um, it is over the course of one year. 85% over the course of a whole year and not 85% for each use. It's a cumulative scoring thing, just as for all the other contraceptive methods. And this is a 'user' rate because even a semi-effective thing used poorly is very ineffective.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I’m a nondenominational but who cares what a certain denomination says about contraceptives? What does the Bible say about them? Nothing at all, but if you take into consideration how many children people had in biblical times it’s pretty obvious that we are not expected to have a child every time we have sex. I don’t know of any biblical characters who had 40-50 children. So evidently they “pulled out” which is no more morally incorrect than using a condom or birth control.
So have you figured out what happened to the only man in the Bible who is recorded as having pulled out? And since you have stated that condoms are the moral equivalent of pulling out, do you still think condoms are moral?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That failure rate is based on both proper and improper use. The failure rate for proper use is around 3%.
And the failure rate for typical users is 15%. That is the useful number.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uum okay. Maybe you should change your religion tag from Christian to whatever it is you actually practice?
Call me a blasphemer and yell "crucify him" as well... it's all been done before. The one I serve provides perfect peace that passes understanding, which allows me to desire blessings for those that would curse. So forgive me that I'm not at all offended by your words.

I agree that we don't seem to be serving the same One.

Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Which pepole are you referring to?

I said nothing about people following the Bible.

Again, people who follow the Bible are not hypocritical such as being against abortion and same sex marriage. Which people are you referring to?

Upvote 0