Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I’ve never had a condom fail before. I’m not sure where your getting this information but based on my experience they’ve worked 100% of the time I’ve used them. I’m 46 years old and I’ve probably used them over 1,000 times.

Mandatory sex education always emphasizes the lesson that no contraception method is 100% effective except abstinence.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How can those figures be accurate if I’ve never had a condom fail and I’ve used them hundreds of times? I mean maybe these failures are due to using an old condom that has been in someone’s wallet for a few years? But there’s no way that 15% of condoms fail. That’s definitely not an accurate number.

Obviously because you are only one person. Why do you thnk just one person makes any statistics about millions of people true?

There is no way anyone who graduated from high school could not know condoms often fail even if they're new. Sex education is mandatory and has been for decades.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The bible says that, After man was fully formed, Life began after breath of life went through his nostrils.

Do you desire for us to believe God, in this instance, or man? You seem to not be consistent with this idea.

The Bible says your life began at fertilization. See Jeremiah 1:5-8 and several other verses.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible says that, After man was fully formed, Life began after breath of life went through his nostrils.

Do you desire for us to believe God, in this instance, or man? You seem to not be consistent with this idea.

Yes, God breathed into Adam and he became a living being -what does that have to do with the conception of babies?

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve never had a condom fail before. I’m not sure where your getting this information but based on my experience they’ve worked 100% of the time I’ve used them. I’m 46 years old and I’ve probably used them over 1,000 times.

They definitely fail. Maybe they are cheap, old or the wrong size, but they do rip or come off. This is a well-known fact.

• Winner
Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says your life began at fertilization. See Jeremiah 1:5-8 and several other verses.
This says nothing about fertilization. It does, however, states the fact that we exist before fertilization.....Which is why I also believe that many bodies were discarded before one, suitable for me, was carried to term. Therefore the souls that are destined for the millions of fetus' aborted by God, will still be delivered, in time, to a mother who desires to care for another soul.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, God breathed into Adam and he became a living being -what does that have to do with the conception of babies?
Do you not know that Adam is (=)Mankind.....and not a name? Therefore, are you to say that the body of dust, formed by God did not need breath to be considered alive? Was the breath of life, inconsequential?

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This says nothing about fertilization. It does, however, states the fact that we exist before fertilization.....Which is why I also believe that many bodies were discarded before one, suitable for me, was carried to term. Therefore the souls that are destined for the millions of fetus' aborted by God, will still be delivered, in time, to a mother who desires to care for another soul.

No Christian church teaches that your soul is waiting for a body. Heresy.

God does not abort fetus'

Do you not know that Adam is (=)Mankind.....and not a name? Therefore, are you to say that the body of dust, formed by God did not need breath to be considered alive? Was the breath of life, inconsequential?

Adam is both the proper name of the first man and also means mankind because all mankind came from him and Eve.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's the standard user failure rate for condoms, has been consistent for years, as reported by Planned Parenthood and just about every other source. Please note that this is the 'user rate' and not the 'theoretical' rate if all users were perfect, which they are not. You do not need to believe this for it to be true. I mean, if you don't believe Planned Parenthood, who ya gonna believe?

Their statistic is a guess and the majority of people they get feedback from are from the people who’ve had failures. Nobody calls them up to say yep my condom worked fine.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your forgetting the role of women in producing children with your 40 - 50 children there..lol

First, a pregnancy lasts 9 months, second, exclusive breastfeeding can potentially delay ovulation for 6 months, even in some cases up to a year after birth.

So most children, even in the absence of birth control, is one every two years, and women have a more limited period of fertility than men, therefore 10 -12 children is about average for a healthy and fertile woman..

Lol @ 40-50.

So your telling me that a woman is only fertile for 20-25 years? That is completely incorrect women can bare children on average from 12-60 years old, and in some cases even younger and older.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your forgetting the role of women in producing children with your 40 - 50 children there..lol

First, a pregnancy lasts 9 months, second, exclusive breastfeeding can potentially delay ovulation for 6 months, even in some cases up to a year after birth.

So most children, even in the absence of birth control, is one every two years, and women have a more limited period of fertility than men, therefore 10 -12 children is about average for a healthy and fertile woman..

Lol @ 40-50.

Also your math is off. 9 months plus 6 months equals 1 year 3 months not 2 years and I know many siblings who were born less than 1 year apart.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So your telling me that a woman is only fertile for 20-25 years? That is completely incorrect women can bare children on average from 12-60 years old, and in some cases even younger and older.

Most women hit child bearing age on average of at 13 years old. But rarely is she married off right away... only in extremely primitive cultures, and the Israeli culture of the old testament doesn't strike me as particularly primitive..

So let's say she's married at 16 or 17. Children will come faster at the beginning of a relationship, but by the time your working the land, and raising 3 or 4 small children, things wane somewhat in the romance category.

And remember, the Israelites worked their land, and women spent on average of 2 hours a day just grinding the grain into a useable product. Let alone the cooking, cleaning, doing laundry etc.

Even with modern conveniences and her mothers help my daughter in law is exhausted at the end of the day with 3 small children @ the age of 24. Now take into consideration a lack of running water or any other convenience in ancient Israel, and there just wasn't a lot of energy at the end of the day..

So at one point romance begins to wane, and children aren't born as quickly, just naturally. ...

You rarely hear of any woman who has many more children than 12. My husband has a great great grandmother who did bear 18.. but that's a very rare thing. None of the women in my family could have that many (although the death rate in my family has always been high for the mothers) So I can't look back in the history of the women in my family and find more than 7, ever...

Some women can bear more than 12, but usually it's right around 10-12 when a woman's bodies gives up on her and she will go into an early menopause or start losing children before their time...

Even in Africa where birth control isn't practiced the average is 20, but not all are live births. At one point a woman's body is simply done.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mandatory sex education always emphasizes the lesson that no contraception method is 100% effective except abstinence.

i agree my point is that I don’t believe that the failure rate of condoms is 15%.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Obviously because you are only one person. Why do you thnk just one person makes any statistics about millions of people true?

There is no way anyone who graduated from high school could not know condoms often fail even if they're new. Sex education is mandatory and has been for decades.

If the 15% statistic is correct then out of the hundreds of condoms I’ve used I should’ve encountered at least one failure.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most women hit child bearing age on average of at 13 years old. But rarely is she married off right away... only in extremely primitive cultures, and the Israeli culture of the old testament doesn't strike me as particularly primitive..

So let's say she's married at 16 or 17. Children will come faster at the beginning of a relationship, but by the time your working the land, and raising 3 or 4 small children, things wane somewhat in the romance category.

And remember, the Israelites worked their land, and women spent on average of 2 hours a day just grinding the grain into a useable product. Let alone the cooking, cleaning, doing laundry etc.

Even with modern conveniences and her mothers help my daughter in law is exhausted at the end of the day with 3 small children @ the age of 24. Now take into consideration a lack of running water or any other convenience in ancient Israel, and there just wasn't a lot of energy at the end of the day..

So at one point romance begins to wane, and children aren't born as quickly, just naturally. ...

You rarely hear of any woman who has many more children than 12. My husband has a great great grandmother who did bear 18.. but that's a very rare thing. None of the women in my family could have that many (although the death rate in my family has always been high for the mothers) So I can't look back in the history of the women in my family and find more than 7, ever...

Some women can bear more than 12, but usually it's right around 10-12 when a woman's bodies gives up on her and she will go into an early menopause or start losing children before their time...

Even in Africa where birth control isn't practiced the average is 20, but not all are live births. At one point a woman's body is simply done.

a girl became a woman when she began menstruating in biblical times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
a girl became a woman when she began menstruating in biblical times.

That doesn't mean they married her off that day.. lol.

It will mean the family will begin looking toward who her spouse may be etc. But even if they had a couple considerations before your still dealing with her assistance in the choice and a period of time for betrothal etc.

They simply didn't marry off their girls the second they began menstruating..

Consider Jacob who fell in love with Rachel and worked 7 years for her father as the bride price...

Do you think Jacob fell in love with a 6 year old child? Or at the least someone in their middle to later teens? My vote is she wasn't a 6 year old child, but rather, was likely a typical teenager..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If the 15% statistic is correct then out of the hundreds of condoms I’ve used I should’ve encountered at least one failure.

Not true. The statistic is 85 percent of the time condoms work; 15 percent of the time they don't. That is, of course, based on MILLOINS of people using condoms, used, not one person.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Our Jewish brothers and sisters believe that life begins with the first breath.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not true. The statistic is 85 percent of the time condoms work; 15 percent of the time they don't. That is, of course, based on MILLOINS of people using condoms, used, not one person.

That failure rate is based on both proper and improper use. The failure rate for proper use is around 3%.

Upvote 0