The Holy Bible (After Context) is subjective?

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The holy bible as most people know it as, has many subjects in all of its contents. Many which seems to me this day in age are subjective to the individual reading the contents of the bible which is as far as my knowledge goes is mostly available to everyone in all types of languages, and even by the use of the internet being taught by others.

Subjects on morality, sins, marriage, love, suffering, not sure what else could be placed here.

After asserting ones self to study the bible, and after the fact of accepting the Lord Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection which concludes faith in itself which can produce love through this faith which is the only (works) one is able to do by the spirit.

Do you have the right to tell or fight with anyone about who is right or wrong?

Do we have authority given to us by scriptures that allow us to be power holders over others?

Do we go around condemning people, being a hypocrite saying "I love God, but I hate others or disapprove others that see things that are contrary to myself, my beliefs, and (even doctrines?)" That one may hold with-in themselves.

Are we really to love our neighbor as our self, and love God like Jesus Christ has said?

Should we allow others to believe the bible how they are going to believe it without debating and fighting over who is right and who is wrong possibly even in our own hearts of who may God love more, and just allow God to do the condemning instead of us?

One final thing that I am reminded of before posting this is how God has not favorites, and not a respecter of persons even in the faith itself.

God loves a person who is cold and HATES HIM, just the same as someone who is hot for God and LOVES HIM.

Standing in the middle and tottering on the fence is dangerous territory. Unstable in all their ways. At least the people who are hot or cold can speak from a heart that at least speaks of truth, about the faith or no faith they have.

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The holy bible as most people know it as, has many subjects in all of its contents. Many which seems to me this day in age are subjective to the individual reading the contents of the bible which is as far as my knowledge goes is mostly available to everyone in all types of languages, and even by the use of the internet being taught by others.
Subjects on morality, sins, marriage, love, suffering, not sure what else could be placed here.
After asserting ones self to study the bible, and after the fact of accepting the Lord Jesus Christ and His death and resurrection which concludes faith in itself which can produce love through this faith which is the only (works) one is able to do by the spirit.

Do we have authority given to us by scriptures that allow us to be power holders over others?
Do we go around condemning people, being a hypocrite saying "I love God, but I hate others or disapprove others that see things that are contrary to myself, my beliefs, and (even doctrines?)" That one may hold with-in themselves.
Are we really to love our neighbor as our self, and love God like Jesus Christ has said?
Should we allow others to believe the bible how they are going to believe it without debating and fighting over who is right and who is wrong possibly even in our own hearts of who may God love more, and just allow God to do the condemning instead of us?

One final thing that I am reminded of before posting this is how God has not favorites, and not a respecter of persons even in the faith itself.
God loves a person who is cold and HATES HIM, just the same as someone who is hot for God and LOVES HIM.
Standing in the middle and tottering on the fence is dangerous territory. Unstable in all their ways. At least the people who are hot or cold can speak from a heart that at least speaks of truth, about the faith or no faith they have.
May I suggest that you sit down with a Bible of your choice. The language of the King James Version is very archaic and difficult for some to understand. The New International Version might be a good start.
Start reading in John without any distractions TV etc. write down verse numbers you have questions about then your questions can be better answered.

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The answers to your questions seem obvious. What exactly are you fishing for?

Cshuffle thanks for asking.

Just curious to what some online posters have to say about the questions.

Because I believe that everyone’s faith becomes subjective to them individually no matter who they are, when they place it in Christ Jesus and learned about what He has said.

There is a lot of questions being ask from the OP.

May I suggest that you sit down with a Bible of your choice. The language of the King James Version is very archaic and difficult for some to understand. The New International Version might be a good start.
Start reading in John without any distractions TV etc. write down verse numbers you have questions about then your questions can be better answered.

Okay thank you so much, Der.

• Haha
Reactions: Cshuffle777
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Do you have the right to tell or fight with anyone about who is right or wrong

We are commanded to go and tell others the good news and to teach them.
That means we are telling them, indirectly, that there beliefs are wrong.

We are to do this gently and with respect, so fighting them is not how we should be doing it.

What do you mean by scripture give us authority to be power holders over others?
Please provide your scriptural references for this strange statement.

The example Jesus gave us was that we were to be servants not Lording it over others.

Upvote 0

Cshuffle777

May 6, 2020
Right there
✟13,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
To this I would say that we have not only a right but an obligation to defend what (not who) is right and wrong.

Dear friends, although I was eager to write you about the salvation we share, I found it necessary to write and exhort you to contend for the faith that was delivered to the saints once for all. (Jude 1:3)

to contend earnestly
ἐπαγωνίζεσθαι (epagōnizesthai)
Verb - Present Infinitive Middle or Passive
Strong's Greek 1864: To contend earnestly for. From epi and agonizomai; to struggle for.

Webster's Dictionary 1828 - Contend
1. To strive, or to strive against; to struggle in opposition.
Distress not the Moabites, nor contend with them in battle. Deuteronomy 2:9.

2. To strive; to use earnest efforts to obtain, or to defend and preserve.
You sit above, and see vain men below contend for what you only can bestow.
Ye should earnestly contend for the faith once delivered to the saints. Jude 1:3.

3. To dispute earnestly; to strive in debate.
They that were of the circumcision contended with him. Acts 11:2. Job 9:3.

4. To reprove sharply; to chide; to strive to convince and reclaim.
Then contended I with the rulers. Nehemiah 13:11.

5.To strive in opposition; to punish.
The Lord God called to contend by fire. Amos 7:4.

6. To quarrel; to dispute fiercely; to wrangle. The parties contend about trifles.
To contend for, to strive to obtain; as, two competitors contend for the prize.

CONTEND, verb transitive To dispute; to contest.

Upvote 0

Cshuffle777

May 6, 2020
Right there
✟13,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
One persuaded against his will
is of the same opinion still.
--------------------------------------------
Is not the Holy Ghost yet alive
and willing still with man to strive?
A man cannot a man convict
And yet he can for sure depict
the love of God sent by His Son
Whose will, if lifted up, be done
to change a heart in misery
to one that shouts in victory
and shall when seeing Jesus there
in clouds of glory in the air
sing Hallelujah, He has come
and King of Kings fully become!

A Poem By CShuffle777

Reactions: Der Alte
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay.

From the perspective of having the ability to speak truly sometimes with others about how much importance God has been in your life as He has changed it and to share these experiences in the proper time when the chance is able to manifest it self.

After the fact it seems though people who believe differently when it comes to doctrinal differences and things like that, those things do not matter as much compared to allowing someone to have faith in Jesus and Love others regardless of the standards they believe on their own personal understanding.

As not being teacher nor, anything of the like although having much knowledge of what the bible does say.

If we believe God has the power to change someones life which is a choice in and on their own time. It seems like we are not given any power to do anything other than to live life, by loving God and Loving others.

Glad we were was able to have this discussion and I'll leave this post open if anyone has any more say on how they see their own opinion and they have the freedom to have their own opinion when it comes to these matters.

Some people say God doesn't love everyone, however if we believe God loves even those who hate him, when we look at Jesus on the Cross we know he sure loved them, and even said Father judge them not for they know not what they do.

Thanks for sharing Cshuffle.

Upvote 0