Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11: 28-30.

What comes to mind when you read this scripture passage?

E

Eddie L

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11: 28-30.

What comes to mind when you read this scripture passage?

I recall the emotional "heat" that comes from clawing and scratching at anything to redeem myself, be it my job, my role in the family, my position with my friends, or even my religious practices. I'm grateful to Jesus for taking that burden off of us, and saving us from the painful and precarious road of self-reliance, self-justification, idolatry, and self-righteousness. In His arms we are safe, and our weary journey is over.

Reactions: JustAsIam77
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think of the reason He said these words of invitation: because of what He said in the previous verses.

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
(Mat 11:25-28)

Verse 27 is an invitation from the King and you refuse at your own peril.

Reactions: JustAsIam77
Upvote 0

JustAsIam77

Veritas Liberabit Vos
Dec 26, 2006
South Florida
✟30,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I recall the emotional "heat" that comes from clawing and scratching at anything to redeem myself, be it my job, my role in the family, my position with my friends, or even my religious practices. I'm grateful to Jesus for taking that burden off of us, and saving us from the painful and precarious road of self-reliance, self-justification, idolatry, and self-righteousness. In His arms we are safe, and our weary journey is over.

Well said brother! Thanks for your reply.

Upvote 0