Country
China
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Praises of God's Persecuted! Psalm 69:30-32

Text:
“I will praise the Name of God with a song, and will magnify Him with thanksgiving. This also shall please the Lord better than an ox or bullock that hath horns and hoofs. The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God.”
Psalm 69:30-32.
Good morning, undefeated Christian! Praise God for that Christian that can overcome all fears, dreads, woes, depressions of spirit; and the most unbearable human and spiritual persecutions by the weapon of God-given praise and thanksgiving. Hallelujah! Our God reigneth forever!
“And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. Blessed is that man/woman that maketh the Lord his/her trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.” (Psalm 40:3-4)
The last thing that Satan or self, or the constant persecutors of Bible-believing Christians want to hear, or can even bear to hear – is the shout of instant and sincere praise from the lips of those under the pressures of diabolical persecution. Let me hear it, brother? Let me hear it, sister in Christ? HALLELUJAH! IN CHRIST WE ALWAYS HAVE THE VICTORY! HALLELUJAH! Praise the Lord, oh my soul! Bless the Lord Jesus Christ! Amen.
Psalm 69, this great imprecatory Psalm, has thus far evidenced how gross, how dark, how almost humanly unendurable persecutions the Psalmist was suffering at the time of his writing it.
He was, without doubt, in the darkest place, feeling himself to be in the very mouth of the Dragon, Satan. Yet, he ends this imprecatory Psalm with a shout of total victory – for He KNOWS and is ASSURED that his Eternal victory is promised by the ultimate Divine victory of the Lamb of God, Christ Jesus. Hallelujah! What a Saviour we have in Him!
“These things have I (the Lord Jesus Christ) spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
Had Christ Jesus not come to us, sent by our Heavenly Father, in the incarnation (God in bodily form, God, in the form of a human being; the Creator Lord, in the body of one of His creatures.); we might have cause to doubt that He would not really be able to empathise with the sufferings, feelings, depressions, and deprivation pain that we mere humans can continually endure.
However, He came to us as a weak and helpless babe; lived for over thirty-three years in human flesh; endured every single thing that each of us will ever endure - and that at a much more profound level, due to His being the all-Holy God the Son!
Having suffered/endured ALL of what you and I can, or shall ever suffer and endure – we have a High Priest in the Heavens that KNOWS all about our sufferings and understands all our persecutions personally. Therefore, He knows exactly what help we need at any given time, and supplies it in His love for us, ‘His people’. Glory and praise to His Holy and all-caring Name!
“By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better Testament…But this man, because He continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.” (Hebrews 7:22-25)
“Seeing then that we have a great High Priest, that is passed into the Heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For (a conclusion) we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace in time of need.” (Hebrews 4:14-16)
Got a sore toe today? Jesus, no doubt had a sore toe also. Feeling uncared for and irrelevant, and ignored today? Jesus felt all this, even within his own family, and certainly among the religious leaders of His time on earth. Heart-broken over the loss of a loved one? Jesus wept over the death of Lazarus, and over Jerusalem, when they would not hear and obey the Gospel call to Salvation.
“O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not! Behold (look and fully understand), your house is left unto you desolate (empty).” (Matthew 23:37)
“Jesus knows our every weakness, take it to the Lord in prayer.” (Ezekiel 33:3)
Verse 29. “But I am poor and sorrowful.
No man was ever poorer or more sorrowful than Jesus of Nazareth, yet His cry out of the depths was heard, and He was uplifted to the highest glory.” (C.H. Spurgeon, The Treasury of David, page 303)
I know of no one personally, who has ever been so deeply flung into grief that he or she sweat, as it were, drops of blood – but the Lord Jesus Christ did, upon just thinking that sin, your sin and mine, would be placed upon His absolute Holiness, as He suffered the penalty for us, on Calvary’s Cross.
“And being in an agony He prayed more earnestly: and His sweat was as it were great drops of Blood (hematidrosis) falling down to the ground.” (Luke 22:44)
Verse 29. “Let Thy Salvation, O God, set me up on High. O ye poor and sorrowful ones, lift up your heads, for as with your Lord, so shall it be with you. You are trodden down today as the mire of the streets, but you shall ride upon the high places of the earth ere long; and even now ye are raised up together and made to sit together in the Heavenlies in Christ Jesus.” (C.H. Spurgeon, Treasury of David, page 303)
“The humble shall see this, and be glad: and your heart shall live that seek God.” (Psalm 69:32)
Man’s sore persecutions of the Christian are doomed to failure, for God grants ‘His people’ sure praises in uncertain times – and reminds us constantly of His Victory over sin for us. Persecutions only serve to give occasions for Christian praise. Hallelujah! Our God reigns!
Thought: “Let the Heaven and earth praise Him, the seas, and every thing that moveth therein.” This is the victory praise for those Christ Jesus has redeemed in His own Blood.

(c) Dr C.K. McClinton