New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
But we don't have to be accomplices to murder, so if we fail
to lock up pregnant women, we are guilty of the same crime
if they should choose abortion.

If a baby should die for medical reasons, same thing.
This is nonsense. God allows everyone total freedom. We have no right to legislate for others. If we lock up pregnant women, then we can be charged with criminal kidnapping and restraint, and spend at least 20 years in prison. Then we would have to face God's Judgment on top of that.

No. We don't force anything on anyone. Everyone has free choice, but at the Judgment everyone has to give account of the decisions they have made.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The written Scriptures were compiled at God's express instructions. Therefore they are the final authority. Jesus used them that way, and so does the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit will never contradict the written Scriptures. John says that we are to test every spirit to ensure that it originates from God. The way the spirit is tested is whether it is consistent with the written Scriptures. When the devil tried to use the written Scriptures against Jesus during His 40 days of temptation, he quoted them out of context. Jesus fired back at him using the Scriptures in context. He said, "It is written". If you read through the first five books of the Bible you will see God's express instructions to write down what He is saying to Moses and Joshua. We would not know what the Prophets said unless they were written down. We would have no idea of the life and ministry of Jesus , the Church and the teachings of the Apostles unless they were written down. The devil can impersonate the Holy Spirit and quote stuff out of context and get people to believe that what comes in "the Spirit" (in reality, a lying spirit), is more important than the written Scriptures. We need to be on our guard so that we are not deceived. Most deception that has come in the Church is come as a result of people saying, "The Holy Spirit spoke to me" but did not check with the written Scriptures to verify it.

Well the scriptures have not always been available to everyone, not everyone can read, not everyone has access to the scriptures in their own language, and the Bible says it's not that critical that people read anything. Why?

20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is nonsense. God allows everyone total freedom. We have no right to legislate for others. If we lock up pregnant women, then we can be charged with criminal kidnapping and restraint, and spend at least 20 years in prison. Then we would have to face God's Judgment on top of that.

No. We don't force anything on anyone. Everyone has free choice, but at the Judgment everyone has to give account of the decisions they have made.

And if you decide you don't trust God to provide the resources to adopt
every potential child at birth, then you are just as guilty of murder.
No less than the woman who kills her child.

Shure you are free to thumb your nose at murder
and allow it to happen due to your failure to adopt
every unwanted pregnancy.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't see why we would be off the hook in saving her child from
harm unless we do everything possible to prevent that.
We should be equally culpable for our neglect.
Just putting our fingers in our moral ears will not save us
if she chooses abortion.
And if we fail to offer adoption to every pregnant women
who exists, again we are just as guilty.
We can only give warning. Ezekiel was told by God to warn Israel that their sins will lead them into judgment. He said, warn them even if you and I know that they won't listen. If you don't warn them, and they come to judgment, their blood will be on your hands because you didn't warn them. But if you do warn them and they come to judgment, you are set free from any responsibility toward them. (my paraphrase of the reference in Ezekiel).

So, we are to lift up our voices and warn mothers of the consequences of aborting their babies, that even though they have the choice, God will bring them to account at the Judgment. If we allow abortions to happen without warning mothers, when they come to Judgment, God will ask us why we didn't warn them, and their blood and the blood of their aborted babies will be on our hands. But if we warn them, then we are freed from that responsiblity.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well the scriptures have not always been available to everyone, not everyone can read, not everyone has access to the scriptures in their own language, and the Bible says it's not that critical that people read anything. Why?

20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood from His workmanship, so that men are without excuse.
The answer to that is in the beginning of Romans. Those ones are judged according to their consciences and the evidence contained in the world around them and in the universe concerning God's creation. From what I know of the negative mental issues that happen with mothers who have had abortions, I firmly believe that in the Judgment their own consciences will condemn them.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The answer to that is in the beginning of Romans. Those ones are judged according to their consciences and the evidence contained in the world around them and in the universe concerning God's creation. From what I know of the negative mental issues that happen with mothers who have had abortions, I firmly believe that in the Judgment their own consciences will condemn them.

You are no less guilty for not offering to adopt the unwanted child.
Or is that not really so important?
You'll let a child die, AND expect a woman to pay the cost at judgment?
What kind of morality is that?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
And if you decide you don't trust God to provide the resources to adopt
every potential child at birth, then you are just as guilty of murder.
No less than the woman who kills her child.

Shure you are free to thumb your nose at murder
and allow it to happen due to your failure to adopt
every unwanted pregnancy.
This is also nonsense. Our sole responsibility is to warn prospective mothers of the consequences of their actions. God does not expect any more of us than that. The prophets who warned Israel and Judah of impending judgment because of their idolatry and sin did not force anyone to change their ways. Their warnings were enough. But the people did not listen and so judgment overtook them.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I guess that you have gone down to the abortion clinic and offered to adopt all the babies scheduled for abortion. That is a very worthy action and you should be honoured for doing that.

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, we are to lift up our voices and warn mothers of the consequences of aborting their babies, that even though they have the choice, God will bring them to account at the Judgment.
No, you must offer adoption to save the child, else be guilty for the murder yourself.
Don't let the pro-life preachers off the hook.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess that you have gone down to the abortion clinic and offered to adopt all the babies scheduled for abortion. That is a very worthy action and you should be honoured for doing that.

I don't count all the fetuses that abort naturally either. 3 of 4.
But I see how woman abandon their babies after birth.
My granddaughter visits now and then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't count all the fetuses that abort naturally either. 3 of 4.
But I see how woman abandon their babies after birth.
My granddaughter visits now and then.
You need to set the example if you are going to make repeated assertive comments in favour of adoption.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
The woman who selfishly enjoyed the immoral, wicked fornicating sex should be held accountable for the cost of raising the baby. It's ridiculous to expect society to pay for the mothers sinful pleasure.
The mother should be held responsible for her sins in this life and suffer the conciseness in the after life, you can't palm of the conciseness of her sin on society.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Shouldn't think so
Why not? The Scripture says that it is appointed for every man (ie" person, including women) to die and after this comes the Judgment. It also says that we all must give an account of our lives. No one else is responsible for the decisions I make, so I have to stand alone before the Lord to give my account. So do you. So does every single person, including the mothers of aborted babies. It may take a long time for every single person who ever lived to make his or her personal account even if it takes thousands of years - but - no one is going anywhere, are they?

Are you saying that the mother can blame the abortion doctor? The doctor, who will also be standing in the Judgment would most certainly say, "She signed the consent form." For every medical procedure, including abortion, the person who is the subject of it has to sign a consent form, otherwise the doctor cannot operate, otherwise he or she could be liable to lose his or her medical licence and be sued for mega bucks.

So, I don't know what planet you're on, but that is what they do on this planet.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The woman who selfishly enjoyed the immoral, wicked fornicating sex should be held accountable for the cost of raising the baby. It's ridiculous to expect society to pay for the mothers sinful pleasure.
The mother should be held responsible for her sins in this life and suffer the conciseness in the after life, you can't palm of the conciseness of her sin on society.
Ah, well we don't know if the sex was consensual.
Even so or not, is had no input into the issue of the innocent life.
We are not here as pro-life advocates to issue approval or disapproval on sex acts.
We are not qualified to judge sin, as you have just proved by assuming the conception was consensual.

True Story: A fifth grader brought her baby in to school
to show her classmates why she had been out of class
for months. Her stepdad was in jail for the rape, and
her mom would be raising the baby. That's a big decision
mom had to make and I wouldn't want to interfere with
mom's decision for her 5th grader.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why not? The Scripture says that it is appointed for every man (ie" person, including women) to die and after this comes the Judgment. It also says that we all must give an account of our lives.

No one else is responsible for the decisions I make, so I have to stand alone before the Lord to give my account.

So do you. So does every single person, including the mothers of aborted babies. It may take a long time for every single person who ever lived to make his or her personal account even if it takes thousands of years - but - no one is going anywhere, are they?

Are you saying that the mother can blame the abortion doctor? The doctor, who will also be standing in the Judgment would most certainly say, "She signed the consent form." For every medical procedure, including abortion, the person who is the subject of it has to sign a consent form, otherwise the doctor cannot operate, otherwise he or she could be liable to lose his or her medical licence and be sued for mega bucks.

So, I don't know what planet you're on, but that is what they do on this planet.

Just as you say, we are not qualified to judge others sins.

Matthew 7:1-5
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

Luke 6:37
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

John 7:24
Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment.”

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You need to set the example if you are going to make repeated assertive comments in favour of adoption.

No, I'm saying that in order to claim I was Pro-Life, I'd have to stand behind my claim and offer to adopt any and every baby, becasue that would save a baby from murder. Otherwise, I'm claiming it's Murder, but too requires too much commitment from me to justify it being avoided. It's just too expensive for me to save a babies life.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I've been to the clinics and not done so, and so no longer can claim to be Pro-Life.
Instead I just held up signs. That was the depth of my commitment.
To lift up a poster from ground level to about 3 feet high. And shake it some.

Upvote 0

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Ah, well we don't know if the sex was consensual.
Even so or not, is had no input into the issue of the innocent life.
We are not here as pro-life advocates to issue approval or disapproval on sex acts.
We are not qualified to judge sin, as you have just proved by assuming the conception was consensual.

True Story: A fifth grader brought her baby in to school
to show her classmates why she had been out of class
for months. Her stepdad was in jail for the rape, and
her mom would be raising the baby. That's a big decision
mom had to make and I wouldn't want to interfere with
mom's decision for her 5th grader.
There's no justification for murdering unborn children. A baby has the God given right to live even in the extreme case where the mother was raped, let alone when it's consensual.

• Winner
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's no justification for murdering unborn children. A baby has the God given right to live even in the extreme case where the mother was raped, let alone when it's consensual.

Only one of four zygotes naturally make it to birth.
And the mothers health is an issue if she can bare children.
Some pregnancies are not in healthy women.
And she has to stop abusing drugs.
And she needs financial support.
And she can avoid an abortion, if you offer to adopt.
Or is it not that important for you?

Upvote 0