Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This was God's judgment.

This was God's judgment.

An abortion aims to terminate the life of the unborn while preserving the mother. None of your examples even include abortion.

As Christians, we should have a grasp on the fact that life is not about us. We should have a grasp that God created us, and that He is the one that has the right to pass judgment as He pleases.

We are not God, and we do not have the authority or right to pass judgment as God does.

Therefore, we cannot use examples of God passing judgment over people, nations, the world, as permission for us, on our own, to do the same.

We know scientifically that a new human being comes into existence at fertilization.
We know Biblically that all human beings are created in the image of God and possess inherent moral worth and value.

Based on the above, I still haven't heard a valid argument for why killing an unborn human being when the mother's life is not in mortal danger due to a health emergency would be morally acceptable.
An abortion - by definition - is the ending of a foetus life - and God has demonstrated that, if his judgment requires it - he will bring to an end the life of that unborn child.

Now back to the OP - as God has shown - nothing is black and white - There is a time for killing despite the commandments. I would suggest the protection of your own life is one such circumstance. And killing the unborn child to protect your own life is a just and reasonable process, as God has shown us time and again.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
God has demonstrated that, if his judgment requires it - he will bring to an end the life of that unborn child.
He is the key element in this statement. You and I are not the creator of the universe. We do not have the same authority or right to judge people, nations, the world as God does.

There is a time for killing despite the commandments.
If you're going to get theological, then you need to actually get theological. Meaning, the commandment is not to murder, not not to kill. There is a distinction between killing and murder that you need to recognize when getting theological. Murder is always wrong. Killing is not always wrong.

I would suggest the protection of your own life is one such circumstance. And killing the unborn child to protect your own life is a just and reasonable process
What about killing a born child to protect your own life. Is that justifiable? Let's say that the girl in the third world country you referenced managed to hide her pregnancy and gave birth. However, she was in a situation where she was about to be caught. Would it therefore be morally permissible for her to kill her 1 month old if that was the only option, lest she and her child be found?

Where do you draw the line in killing someone to protect your own life?

Upvote 0

straykat

Apr 17, 2018
Catacombs
✟22,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The flood was done because of literal abominations running the world (the nephillim). This is also the origin of demons. Non-biblical Jewish texts spelled it out further (Dead Sea Scrolls, book of Jubilees) calling demons the spirits of the "bastards". i.e. the bastard offspring of Angels and human women.

The whole thing was a huge tragedy that it's one of the only times in scripture that God was expressed as sad and regretted a creation he wanted nothing but good for. "And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart." To equate this with abortion is an abomination in and of itself. People don't argue for it out of sadness, but pride and selfishness.

Upvote 0