The GOP is at a turning point. History is watching us.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The GOP is at a turning point. History is watching us.
In public statements again this week, former president Donald Trump has repeated his claims that the 2020 election was a fraud and was stolen. His message: I am still the rightful president, and President Biden is illegitimate. Trump repeats these words now with full knowledge that exactly this type of language provoked violence on Jan. 6. And, as the Justice Department and multiple federal judges have suggested, there is good reason to believe that Trump’s language can provoke violence again. Trump is seeking to unravel critical elements of our constitutional structure that make democracy work — confidence in the result of elections and the rule of law. No other American president has ever done this.

The Republican Party is at a turning point, and Republicans must decide whether we are going to choose truth and fidelity to the Constitution. In the immediate wake of the violence of Jan. 6, almost all of us knew the gravity and the cause of what had just happened — we had witnessed it firsthand.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Donald has spread his delusions to a whole lot of people and the country is in a very dangerous situation. I pray for wisdom to the leaders.

Pray harder; it ain't working.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm torn between a "turned over the cliff" or a "turned off the deep end" metaphor...
I'd say turned off the deep end and tried to drive us all off of the cliff with them.

Upvote 0

Velaut

Sep 23, 2016
Belgium
✟69,570.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Donald has spread his delusions to a whole lot of people and the country is in a very dangerous situation. I pray for wisdom to the leaders.
Don't pray for wisdom to the leaders. Pray for wisdom to the followers. And voters.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who is beginning to sound like Hilary?

Donald Trump. The guy you quoted in your OP.

I thought that was really obvious since the short clip from the site behind a paywall mentioned the man numerous times in three sentences

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
He needs to stop. He is beginning to sound like Hillary.

Seriously? You think Hillary did anything even remotely like this?

I don't recall Hillary inciting a violent mob to attack the US Government. I don't even recall Hillary saying the election was "stolen" considering that she conceded within a day or two of the election in 2016.

This "whataboutism" and "tu quoque" approach only works when things are even SLIGHTLY comparable.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Donald Trump. The guy you quoted in your OP.

I thought that was really obvious since the short clip from the site behind a paywall mentioned the man numerous times in three sentences
The quote is not of Donald Trump, are you saying you agree with the author of the article?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The quote is not of Donald Trump, are you saying you agree with the author of the article?

Let's look shall we:

tr.JPG

Four times they mention the former President - my comment is based on the very first sentence.

"In public statements again" this week, former President Donald Trump has repeated his claims that the 2020 election was a fraud and was stolen'
To which I stated:

He needs to stop. He is beginning to sound like Hillary.

BTW - the first sentence is the only accurate sentence in the quote.

Hope that clarifies my posts for you. Blessing to you always.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Let's look shall we:

View attachment 298632

Four times they mention the former President - my comment is based on the very first sentence.

"In public statements again" this week, former President Donald Trump has repeated his claims that the 2020 election was a fraud and was stolen'
To which I stated:

BTW - the first sentence is the only accurate sentence in the quote.

Hope that clarifies my posts for you. Blessing to you always.
Yes, the are statements made about Donald Trump and what he said, but this is a piece by Liz Cheney and she's talking about the Republican Party. I'm guessing you agree with Cheney here and implore Trump and other members of the party endorsing the Big Lie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, the are statements made about Donald Trump and what he said, but this is a piece by Liz Cheney and she's talking about the Republican Party. I'm guessing you agree with Cheney here and implore Trump and other members of the party endorsing the Big Lie.

That is the problem with guessing - you are more often wrong than right. As in this case.

IMHO - if you had read my entire post your would have seen my comment on the first sentence being the only accurate one. That in itself would show I do not follow the propaganda from Miss Cheney or the *cough* gag* Washington Post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The topic is about Liz Cheney her views on the direction of the Republican Party, not about what Donald Trump said.

Well, then the OP should have mentioned her - it did not, it only quoted things about President Trump.

The link is behind a paywall - how are we supposed to know if you do not quote it?

She is wrong and the leadership and membership of the Republican Party are voicing their opposition to her propaganda. IMHO - She would be better off switching parties.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married