Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had that happen to me on a mission trip in Atlanta during the olympics. I was going up for healing and that happened, I don't know what to make of it.
What happened? What was said to you?

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. I don't think so. Does that happen to you?

I certainly have my own perspective. But I think everyone does.
I am a keen observer for what I think is significant. But when I point them out, others seem to get what I see. I usually have to explain it, because I have a quirky view. I see things in common situations that most people overlook, or don't realize are significant. But maybe that is what you are asking me about.
Yeah, that's it. That to me seems more like "vision of an eagle". Eagles can see the large perspective due to their height, and can see the smallest creature due to their vision. Everyone thinks they have the keen eye on something but few hear from other people that they do so that's why I wanted to add the feedback part.

It seems to be the case, for reasons I don't know, that when one is in a supernatural presence they often get opened up to a greater realm of experience that then dissapates over a time. It happens with the good and bad supernatural occurances. For example, abductees ( the understanding being demons) report having a greater awareness right after a visitation that disappates over time. That might explain why it only happened once. Maybe the force of that event gave a temporary strengthening to your spirit allowing you to notice the voice of God, where you normally would not. It would be like a fast but without the dieting, where a fast is to eat heavenly food.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What happened? What was said to you?
I can't remember what I was in line for healing of, I think it was my vision (I wear glasses). Someone in the staff grabbed my shoulders firmly and started praying over me. I couldn't understand what he was praying but I was able to make out ''weight of the world" and (these?) "shoulders".

I certainly feel an impending weight as I imagine most of us here do, but I can't say that my shoulders have ever served any unique purpose. Later, in secular college I was walking out of the dorm and someone said "God has been telling me to tell you this for weeks". " You have an intensity". That was it. Two very different things. My life is a yardsale jigsaw puzzle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, that's it. That to me seems more like "vision of an eagle". Eagles can see the large perspective due to their height, and can see the smallest creature due to their vision. Everyone thinks they have the keen eye on something but few hear from other people that they do so that why I wanted to add the feed back part.
Now that you mention it...
I did not have what I described above to any extraordinary degree before the impartation. It has mostly notably manifested itself in songwriting, of all things. And the ideas typically come when I am driving. I will see or think about something significant and then make note of it. Just to be clear, the songs are not spiritual songs. I would call it secular music with a Christian worldview. Some of them testify to my faith. But I probably wouldn't do a concert in a church.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can't remember what I was in line for healing of, I think it was my vision (I wear glasses). Someone in the staff grabbed my shoulders firmly and started praying over me. I couldn't understand what he was praying but I was able to make out ''weight of the world" and (these?) "shoulders".

I certainly feel an impending weight as I imagine most of us here do, but I can't say that my shoulders have ever served any unique purpose.
Oh, my.
The "weight of the world on your shoulders" is not a good thing, I would say. Jesus said,
"For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” - Matthew 11:30

It's okay to feel a reasonable sense of responsibility in the world, but what you are describing may be out of line unless God is specifically calling you to bear something.

I keep a card in front of my keyboard that says: "Turn it over to God."

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, my.
The "weight of the world on your shoulders" is not a good thing, I would say. Jesus said,
"For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” - Matthew 11:30

It's okay to feel a reasonable sense of responsibility in the world, but what you are describing may be out of line unless God is specifically calling you to bear something.

I keep a card in front of my keyboard that says: "Turn it over to God."

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
It very well could be out of line. I wish I could have heard his entire prayer, it was several sentences.

Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Later, in secular college I was walking out of the dorm and someone said "God has been telling me to tell you this for weeks". " You have an intensity". That was it. Two very different things. My life is a yardsale jigsaw puzzle.
Best advice:
Eat the meat, and spit out the bones.

We always need to get some confirmation for prophetic things that come at us.
Puzzle piece is a fitting analogy though.

A prophet will not know what the message is about. (it's a puzzle piece) They only know that God wants them to deliver the message. And even then, they don't always get it right, or it may be years later that the meaning comes into focus. But, until it fits, I just shrug it off. God will remind me when it becomes important.

• Agree
Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,146.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It very well could be out of line. I wish I could have heard his entire prayer, it was several sentences.
Ultimately it doesn't matter. I understand that it could bother you. However, whether you even heard a word of it doesn't matter. If it was a bogus prayer, it is better that you didn't. We have to be careful what we agree with. Those things are like claim tickets. Are you sure you want to turn that in and get what is coming? No thanks!

For instance. Someone hears you sniffle and asks if you are sick.
It's a set up. Do you want to claim sickness or wellness in that moment?

Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

Sofiahh

Aug 19, 2022
San Antonio
✟20,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Emli, could you help me?

I got the gift of discerning of spirits from God before I knew what gifts were. He used it to help me understand the spirits that were in me from my past, and ones that were attacking me spiritually and through other people too, to discern between them and the Holy Spirit. So for me, it came while Jesus was setting me free, and then He has increased it more and more as He has been using me to help others. The gift is also used to discern between true and false prophets. We look at the fruit from a Biblical perspective and see what words the spirits are giving to the prophets, and look at how the spirits are manifesting physically. Some false prophets also speak from the flesh, and in that case, I see that it's a human spirit, nothing supernatural involved. I see spirits in their eyes, hear them in their voices, and in the body movement.

God also speaks to my spirit about what is going on in the person. I can discern what kind of spirit it is, whether a divination spirit, a kundalini spirit, a lying spirit, spirit of satan etc. All of the discerning of spirits comes from God, as He reveals to me what he is seeing. He reveals to me if the light I'm seeing is Light from God or false light from deceitful spirit. Matthew 6:22-24, 2 Corinthians 11:14-15
Just because something feels good and sounds good, doesn't mean that it is good. Discerning between what is good and evil is also a part of the gift, and it is what it is meant to be used for. I have also learnt to tell the difference between the presence a real Holy Angel and a false angel of light. This gift is extremely useful, because the church is full of false angel experiences and deceitful spirit in general too. I can also tell if a gift is genuine or counterfeit, and if signs and wonders are from God or from the devil.

When someone is taught another gospel and another "jesus", they also receive a different spirit than the real Holy Spirit. 2 Corinthians 11:4. It is not always the spirit of the anti-christ, but most often it is. This is where God has been using my gift mostly, to root out spiritual deception from someone's life. In the future, He will use me in churches as well.

There is a counterfeit gift of discerning of spirits too, that is a divination spirit. It isn't based on Truth but only on spiritual experiences. Since those who have that counterfeit gift is seeing the spirits from the eyes of that spirit, they will see false light as if it's from God and be deceived. They will see good as evil, and evil as good, they cannot tell if the light in a person is real Light or darkness. Even when it's chaotic and confusing, they still see it as good. So it is extremely important that we base our discerning not only on what we perceive spiritually, but on Scripture and on sound doctrine and a sound mind given by the Holy Spirit. We have to know Him and keep our eyes on Him, and He will reveal to us what is true or not.

:) I hope this helps. My gift is genuine and of God, because it gives Glory to God and exposes the works of the devil every time. It's awesome! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nhisname

Dec 21, 2020
SW MO
✟28,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What do you believe are the signs that there are demonic entities around a person, place or thing?

Can you discern spirits through your 5 senses?

You discern through your spirit. Jesus said in Matthew you shall know them by their fruit, good or bad. They are wolves that come in sheep's clothing. Keep your ears and eyes open. We live in an evil world.

What signs have you experienced, that point out that a person is dealing with a demonic infiltration?

Many years ago a couple joined church. The wife of this couple joined choir. Alot of changes were being made at the suggestion of the wife. Like changing choir practice from Sunday evening to Wed during prayer meeting. Other changes were being made that were breaking down Wed prayer meeting. Before long this same person had talked 2 other women into joining forces with her on making subtle suggestions. Before you knew it many families were leaving and they started a church of their own.

How can you discern if someone is for you or against you?
Check their fruit. We should not be unevenly yoked with the world.

Upvote 0