Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You don't understand what the verse is even saying. You are cherrying picking one part of it and trying to change the meaning of the verse. Calling me a "closed-minded fundamentalist" is just a petty ad hominem attack on my person rather than addressing the issue.

H376
אישׁ
'ı̂ysh
BDB Definition:
1) man
1a) man, male (in contrast to woman, female)
1b) husband
1c) human being, person (in contrast to God)
1d) servant
1e) mankind
1f) champion
1g) great man
2) whosoever
3) each (adjective)
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by BDB/Strong’s Number: contracted for H582 [or perhaps rather from an unused root meaning to be extant]
Same Word by TWOT Number: 83a

The word doesn't only mean "male" it also can mean "human" which is what God is saying he is not. He is not a human. He never denies being male.

You are the poster child for the closed-minded fundamentalist, who must simply pontificate wihout addressing the speciifc arguments to mask his ignorance of biblical languages when his position is decisively refuted.

Let's do something that our fundamentalist posters haven't done; let's ask God about His gender. God's answer?

(3) "I am God and NOT A MALE (Hebrew: "ish"), the Holy One in your midst (Hosea 11:9)." Thank you, God for clearing that up.

The Hebrew "ish" is a gender word meaning "male." It is used in Genesis 1:27 to distinguish Adam's gender from Eve's: "Male ("ish") and female He created them."

Upvote 0