Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I thought that as well and was going to post it, but figured I may get my head lobbed off for mentioning it. :D

Very hard to cut off my head with the steel collar that's been installed by my wife to keep me from even thinking about turning my head to look at another woman. :D:D

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I need to step away from the computer for a little bit.

My wife just found out that one of her cats that she allowed her ex-boyfriend to keep (we visited him when we would go over to his house for social things) probably has a brain tumor and that he needs to be put to sleep. So she's upset and crying.

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I need to step away from the computer for a little bit.

My wife just found out that one of her cats that she allowed her ex-boyfriend to keep (we visited him when we would go over to his house for social things) probably has a brain tumor and that he needs to be put to sleep. So she's upset and crying.

:( Prayers for your wife and her kitty. :prayer:

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, my breakfast just changed from cereal with milk and a banana to cereal with almond milk and a banana. And I have started fairly recently eating an apple around 10am...break time. I had just come to the conclusion, before you posted, that I probably need to add something to that breakfast.

Any suggestions?
Some very natural granola. One without too much added sugar but with natural fats, such as nuts and/or hemp or flax seed. That's very filling, and you could even chop your banana into it and mix the milk in too!

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

Well, my breakfast just changed from cereal with milk and a banana to cereal with almond milk and a banana. And I have started fairly recently eating an apple around 10am...break time. I had just come to the conclusion, before you posted, that I probably need to add something to that breakfast.

Any suggestions?

If you like eggs, pastured eggs with grass fed butter would be a great start. I have also added bacon but stopped because I cannot find any grass fed. You can also add cheese for extra calories and a serving of fruit and veggie.

My husband has 4 eggs with organic carrots and he's full until noon (eats around 8:30). When he had his low fat, processed Cherrios and soy milk he'd be hungry around 10am.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
If you like eggs, pastured eggs with grass fed butter would be a great start. I have also added bacon but stopped because I cannot find any grass fed. You can also add cheese for extra calories and a serving of fruit and veggie.

My husband has 4 eggs with organic carrots and he's full until noon (eats around 8:30). When he had his low fat, processed Cherrios and soy milk he'd be hungry around 10am.
Mmm...bacon.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I would think that finding grass fed pork products of any kind would be difficult since hogs are not naturally grass eaters in the first place. Obviously in their natural state they don't eat cultivated grains but in the wild their diet consists of both plant and animal material and the plant material is usually nuts and roots, not grass. You should have no problem though finding naturally fed pork products, it just won't be labled as grass fed.

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

I would think that finding grass fed pork products of any kind would be difficult since hogs are not naturally grass eaters in the first place. Obviously in their natural state they don't eat cultivated grains but in the wild their diet consists of both plant and animal material and the plant material is usually nuts and roots, not grass. You should have no problem though finding naturally fed pork products, it just won't be labled as grass fed.

I suspect that they are fed corn and soy products and I don't want to be digesting that. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a mixture of both. The pastured eggs I get are about 90% pastured and they do feed them a grain. But, I don't want an animal's diet to be just grains.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I suspect that they are fed corn and soy products and I don't want to be digesting that. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a mixture of both. The pastured eggs I get are about 90% pastured and they do feed them a grain. But, I don't want an animal's diet to be just grains.

Yes most commercially raised pigs are fed mostly grains. Just as most commercially raised cows are. But you can find beef that's accurately labeled as grass fed and I'm sure you can find pork that's fed something a lot closer to it's natural diet too. Probably from a small local farm and you may need to buy a whole or half hog but you can probably find friends to split it with you.

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

Yes most commercially raised pigs are fed mostly grains. Just as most commercially raised cows are. But you can find beef that's accurately labeled as grass fed and I'm sure you can find pork that's fed something a lot closer to it's natural diet too. Probably from a small local farm and you may need to buy a whole or half hog but you can probably find friends to split it with you.

Yes, I realize that most pigs are fed mostly grains. I get my grass fed beef from Whole foods but they don't have grass fed bacon. I don't like bacon all that much so removing it from my diet is fine.

I am trying turnip friench fries for the first time tonight. With grass fed [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] roast and organic carrots! :)

Hooray for meat! :)

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Natural medicine and healthy living are alternatives to definitely consider/explore and some people embrace those exclusively.

Then, you have people like me who are hybrids of pharma care and homeopathic care. :)
Specifically, since GOD created our Original-model (Soul+Mind+Body) PERFECT, then obviously HEALTH is our Birthright...

And therefore, Healthy-living... is not an 'alternative' at all, but
the EXPECTATION :thumbsup: & REcreation... :thumbsup: of every one of us. Why? - to PRAISE :clap: God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the health community
was telling expectant parents to hold off on introducing babies to things like eggs too early,
and to leave it until they were a year old, because (I think) introducing them too early to a baby can trigger an allergy.
So, when this SAME "medical-community" tells expectant parents to MAKE SURE
that their babies are shut-up with a bazillion SHOTS
before they are even a year old, then it's A-ok & healthy ??????

Yet, this SAME "medical-community" tells expectant parents to MAKE SURE
that their babies don't get the wholesome :thumbsup: FOODS which God for us created, like honey & eggs, & fresh-made peanut-butter, & strawberries...

And that insanity, they call "health-care" ????

oy vey!

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, when this SAME "medical-community" tells expectant parents to MAKE SURE
that their babies are shut-up with a bazillion SHOTS
before they are even a year old, then it's A-ok & healthy ??????

Yet, this SAME "medical-community" tells expectant parents to MAKE SURE
that their babies don't get the wholesome :thumbsup: FOODS which God for us created, like honey & eggs, & fresh-made peanut-butter, & strawberries...

And that insanity, they call "health-care" ????

oy vey!

Honey carries the risk of infant botulism. Peanut butter can be a choking hazard. Eggs, strawberries, dairy - all proven to be top food allergy culprits.

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Honey carries the risk of infant botulism. Peanut butter can be a choking hazard. Eggs, strawberries, dairy - all proven to be top food allergy culprits.
^^^ this.

It's wise to listen to the advice that comes from years of research. Just because something is natural doesn't meant it is the right food for a baby.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Honey carries the risk of infant botulism. Peanut butter can be a choking hazard.
Eggs, strawberries, dairy - all proven to be top food allergy culprits.
Does that mean that you work FOR the Federal government?

Asking, as they have just passed another of their criminal LAWs that starting in 2013, the only way people can get "produce" is from BIG-agriculture. - Yup, another cog in Satan's plan to exterminate the human race.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Does that mean that you work FOR the Federal government?

Asking, as they have just passed another of their criminal LAWs that starting in 2013, the only way people can get "produce" is from BIG-agriculture. - Yup, another cog in Satan's plan to exterminate the human race.

Can you provide proof and your source for the above?

Upvote 0