Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Does that mean that you work FOR the Federal government?

Asking, as they have just passed another of their criminal LAWs that starting in 2013, the only way people can get "produce" is from BIG-agriculture. - Yup, another cog in Satan's plan to exterminate the human race.

Starting to think that this is nothing but a conspiracy theory.

I asked for proof and have yet to see it. Someone should have warned me to wear my tin foil hat today.

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It did. Not sure it's completely off base though. That the federal government is acting in a manner that benefits large agribusiness and medical companies over the interests and health of joe average isn't all that far fetched.
That's exactly what Forks Over Knives argues too. Oh, but that's all hogwash, right?

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did not "suggest" any such thing. I asked an honest QUESTION. There's a definitive... difference.

Why would you ask such a question of me based on what I posted? I'm genuinely confused.

Also, I do think government interferes, but not all of what they share is worthy of conspiracy theories. Any information from any source needs to be researched and then prayerfully/carefully considered before jumping on the bandwagon. That's just plain common sense.

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's exactly what Forks Over Knives argues too. Oh, but that's all hogwash, right?

I didn't say that everything in the movie was hogwash. But the "science" that they draw conclusions from definitely is. You yourself in this thread said that things need to be peer reviewed, didn't you? Then why, in this case, are you giving so much creedence to "science" that has not been peer reviewed? Or do you not realize that the China Study, which is a big part of the basis for the movie was never peer reviewed?

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why would you ask such a question of me based on what I posted? I'm genuinely confused.

Also, I do think government interferes, but not all of what they share is worthy of conspiracy theories. Any information from any source needs to be researched and then prayerfully/carefully considered before jumping on the bandwagon. That's just plain common sense.
That comment seemed very "off base" in the context of the conversation....IMO...and I agree completely that *any* information from *any* source needs to be reasearce and prayerfully/carefully considered before accepting that information as truth.

I also wanted to add that...just because some information is *not* truth from one source....doesn't mean *all* that comes from that source is untruths. IOW...we shouldn't lend credibility/DIScredibility to sources based on one bit of information given. Every bit of information should be help up on its own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that everything in the movie was hogwash. But the "science" that they draw conclusions from definitely is. You yourself in this thread said that things need to be peer reviewed, didn't you? Then why, in this case, are you giving so much creedence to "science" that has not been peer reviewed? Or do you not realize that the China Study, which is a big part of the basis for the movie was never peer reviewed?
I may be wrong, but from what I understand....there were 3 doctors that were running separate studies.....what makes you believe the China Study wasn't peer reviewed?

I believe the studies of Dr. Campbell were peer reviewed--since they were published. How does one know whether or not a study was peer reviewed?

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

Healthiest people in the world eat lots of fish, veggies, soy, fruits, and even grains (although, they do cause inflammation within my body). Some even eat grass fed dairy:

7 Countries Home to the World’s Healthiest People - Planet Green

Sardinian people eat a lot of meat, cheese, pasta, and bread (once a week). How I wish I could live in Italy! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It wasn't peer reviewed because it was a BOOK, Chaz. Books don't get peer reviewed.

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

Interesting and helpful reminder:

"Vegetarian? Vegan? High-protein? Low-fat? Dairy-Free?
Hold on to your shopping carts: There is no perfect diet for human beings. At least not one that's based on how much protein, fat or carbohydrates you eat.
People have lived and thrived on high-protein, high-fat diets (the Inuit of Greenland); on low-protein, high-carb diets (the indigenous peoples of southern Africa); on diets high in raw milk and cream (the people of the Loetschental Valley in Switzerland); diets high in saturated fat (the Trobriand Islanders) and even on diets in which animal blood is considered a staple (the Massai of Kenya and Tanzania). And folks have thrived on these diets without the ravages of degenerative diseases that are so epidemic in modern life--heart disease, diabetes, obesity, neurodegenerative diseases, osteoporosis and cancer.

The only thing these diets have in common is that they're all based on whole foods with minimum processing. Nuts, berries, beans, raw milk, grass-fed meat. Whole, real, unprocessed food is almost always healthy, regardless of how many grams of carbs, protein or fat it contains.

All these healthy diets have in common the fact that they are absent foods with bar codes. They are also extremely low in sugar. In fact, the number of modern or ancient societies known for health and longevity that have consumed a diet high in sugar would be ... let's see ... zero."

The Healthiest Foods On Earth - Forbes.com

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It wasn't peer reviewed because it was a BOOK, Chaz. Books don't get peer reviewed.

So it's not a scientific study?

From what I understand, research was done and instead of it getting peer reviewed, they published a book instead. Probably because they knew that their methodology wouldn't stand up to being examined by people who know how such things are supposed to be done so instead they cashed in by tossing a bunch of fantastical claims then they knew would sell books.

In any case the evidence and claims behind FoK are not science. Not until they are peer reviewed. The claims in the book are not backed by credible research or science.

Upvote 0

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting and helpful reminder:

"Vegetarian? Vegan? High-protein? Low-fat? Dairy-Free?
Hold on to your shopping carts: There is no perfect diet for human beings. At least not one that's based on how much protein, fat or carbohydrates you eat.
People have lived and thrived on high-protein, high-fat diets (the Inuit of Greenland); on low-protein, high-carb diets (the indigenous peoples of southern Africa); on diets high in raw milk and cream (the people of the Loetschental Valley in Switzerland); diets high in saturated fat (the Trobriand Islanders) and even on diets in which animal blood is considered a staple (the Massai of Kenya and Tanzania). And folks have thrived on these diets without the ravages of degenerative diseases that are so epidemic in modern life--heart disease, diabetes, obesity, neurodegenerative diseases, osteoporosis and cancer.

The only thing these diets have in common is that they're all based on whole foods with minimum processing. Nuts, berries, beans, raw milk, grass-fed meat. Whole, real, unprocessed food is almost always healthy, regardless of how many grams of carbs, protein or fat it contains.

All these healthy diets have in common the fact that they are absent foods with bar codes. They are also extremely low in sugar. In fact, the number of modern or ancient societies known for health and longevity that have consumed a diet high in sugar would be ... let's see ... zero."

The Healthiest Foods On Earth - Forbes.com

Right, and the "science" behind FoK that "proves" that meat is bad for you didn't compare a high sugar high animal diet to a high sugar low animal diet. It compared a high sugar high animal diet to a low sugar low animal diet. IOW two major components changed from group to group and they decided that it was the one that caused the different results. And even a middle school science student knows that you can only change one variable at a time if you want valid results.

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The research is credible, but whatever you want to believe Chaz. If you want to believe random people on the internet who are not MDs or scientists, that's entirely up to you. I'm done arguing it with you because it's pointless. There's sufficient information and evidence out there - additional to FoK - that tell me that it's a healthier lifestyle than the average American lifestyle.

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

So .. don't eat sugar. Got it. I kinda knew that.

I'm still waiting to hear the health benefits from eating bacon. Seems that nobody has any ..

Grass fed meats are fine. Whole foods are what we strive for.

It seems that a lot of these lifestyles include meat in some way-whether its tuna, eggs, or grass fed. The Japanese live the longest and eat lots of unprocessed soy, green tea, and tuna.

I'd like to incorporate more herbal teas in my diet. Green tea, unforunately, causes me to get headaches.

Upvote 0