USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But doesn't someone need to make a choice to actually seek faith in the Son of God? I thought that salvation was of God 100% but each individual unbeliever needed to make a choice of if they were going to follow the Spirit's conviction or not. God isn't going to force someone to be saved if they don't want to be.
If you are born again it's an experience that causes you to believe. The choice to believe is meaningless. It takes experience.

Upvote 0

STommy

Oct 12, 2020
Jackson
✟13,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If you are born again it's an experience that causes you to believe. The choice to believe is meaningless. It takes experience.

And how does one acquire this experience. What if an unbeliever wants to be saved and is genuinely seeking God? Then what?

Upvote 0

STommy

Oct 12, 2020
Jackson
✟13,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unless born again, they will only seek a false Christ or god.

And how is one born again? If someone asks the God of the Bible to change them, their heart, and to birth them again he won't? Then what about people who genuinely want to be saved? They just go to hell without help from God even though they want his help and guidance and salvation? I'm genuinely curious as to how someone is born again. What must one do?

Upvote 0

STommy

Oct 12, 2020
Jackson
✟13,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1 Corinthians 1:21. For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom
did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message
preached to save those who believe.

The preaching of the Gospel, that God gave His only Son to death on the Cross
for the Salvation of the World, brings forth the Holy Spirit conviction of sin,
righteousness and judgment.

John 16:
Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I
do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness,
and of judgment.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is The Son of God who took on flesh?

"Another Gospel" will fail to produce that conviction.
John 3:
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Baptism of the Holy Spirit may come later, as in the case of the household of
Cornelius Acts 10 and the assembly at Ephesus. Acts 19
As to the fruit of the Spirit:

Luke 8:15. But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard
the word, with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

John 12:
24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground
and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.

25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world
will keep it for eternal life.

26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant
will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

Forgive my ignorance but what are you trying to say here?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Forgive my ignorance but what are you trying to say here?
Could you ask a more specific question? That is a lengthy teaching. It pertains to the message that
brings conviction to the unsaved, i.e. evangelism, not discipleship.

Upvote 0

STommy

Oct 12, 2020
Jackson
✟13,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Could you ask a more specific question? That is a lengthy teaching. It pertains to the message that
brings conviction to the unsaved, i.e. evangelism, not discipleship.

I was asking what was the message you were trying to tell in the original post? Were you saying that preaching the gospel to unbelievers is a foolish thing to do? Or were you saying that preaching a false gospel is foolish? Or something else?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I was asking what was the message you were trying to tell in the original post? Were you saying that preaching the gospel to unbelievers is a foolish thing to do? Or were you saying that preaching a false gospel is foolish? Or something else?
The title is taken from Paul's teaching.
1 Corinthians 1:
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are
being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age?
Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased
God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom;
23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness,
24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the
wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

So you may now ask, how is preaching the cross the power of God?

The OP goes on to show that Jesus teaches in John 16 that the Holy Spirit is tasked with
convicting the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. Therefore, our confidence is in
preaching a simple message of salvation, and trust in Holy Spirit to do the "heart work".
John 3:16
Is this not sufficient to present God's love to a lost soul?

Upvote 0

STommy

Oct 12, 2020
Jackson
✟13,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The title is taken from Paul's teaching.
1 Corinthians 1:
18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are
being saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written: I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
And bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this age?
Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not know God, it pleased
God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.
22 For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom;
23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness,
24 but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the
wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

So you may now ask, how is preaching the cross the power of God?

The OP goes on to show that Jesus teaches in John 16 that the Holy Spirit is tasked with
convicting the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment. Therefore, our confidence is in
preaching a simple message of salvation, and trust in Holy Spirit to do the "heart work".
John 3:16
Is this not sufficient to present God's love to a lost soul?

Okay. So one genuine question, how is a person saved. Because I am an unbeliever but I do desire to be saved from my sin filled life. How would I go about this? Reading scriptures to let the Spirit convict me? Go to church? How can I be saved?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Okay. So one genuine question, how is a person saved. Because I am an unbeliever but I do desire to be saved from my sin filled life. How would I go about this? Reading scriptures to let the Spirit convict me? Go to church? How can I be saved?
Have you ever been baptized?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
There was one point where I was baptized and where I thought I had a true faith in Christ but I really didn't. It may have been what you would call a false conversion.
Okay, well I just read your posts on the two threads you have originated, and I don't think that I
can answer your questions any better than the other forum members who have responded to you
since October 12th. Time to act. Trust in Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.

Upvote 0

STommy

Oct 12, 2020
Jackson
✟13,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Okay, well I just read your posts on the two threads you have originated, and I don't think that I
can answer your questions any better than the other forum members who have responded to you
since October 12th. Time to act. Trust in Jesus Christ, and you will be saved.

Thank you for the response. But what exactly does it mean to "trust in him."

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If I told you "I give you my word", would you believe me? Maybe, maybe not, depending on
my reputation.
If God tells you "I give you my Word", you either trust Him or you do not. I have found Him
to have an excellent reputation for being true to His Word.
You have to try for yourself. No need to take my word for it.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And how is one born again? If someone asks the God of the Bible to change them, their heart, and to birth them again he won't? Then what about people who genuinely want to be saved? They just go to hell without help from God even though they want his help and guidance and salvation? I'm genuinely curious as to how someone is born again. What must one do?
Everyone hates God from birth by nature. They love idols bearing his name. Unless he gives them a new heart, they can not know him personally. When he gives them a new heart, they know and believe in him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟762,913.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

To trust all His promises. To believe He is the Son of God. To put your faith in His life, death and ressurection for the taking away of your sins. And to believe by faith that you ARE saved.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

STommy

Oct 12, 2020
Jackson
✟13,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Everyone hates God from birth by nature. They love idols bearing his name. Unless he gives them a new heart, they can not know him personally. When he gives them a new heart, they know and believe in him.

And how do I obtain this new heart. I want to be saved.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 1:21. For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom
did not know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message
preached to save those who believe.

The preaching of the Gospel, that God gave His only Son to death on the Cross
for the Salvation of the World, brings forth the Holy Spirit conviction of sin,
righteousness and judgment.

John 16:
Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I
do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness,
and of judgment.

Do you believe that Jesus Christ is The Son of God who took on flesh?

"Another Gospel" will fail to produce that conviction.
John 3:
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Baptism of the Holy Spirit may come later, as in the case of the household of
Cornelius Acts 10 and the assembly at Ephesus. Acts 19
As to the fruit of the Spirit:

Luke 8:15. But the ones that fell on the good ground are those who, having heard
the word, with a noble and good heart, keep it and bear fruit with patience.

John 12:
24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground
and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.

25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world
will keep it for eternal life.

26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant
will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.
Foolish preaching is preaching that uses too many words. (Ecclesiastes 5:3)

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,741.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I can understand your frustration when people don't reply you with a clear answer.

The gospel that saves you is found in 1 Cor 15:1-4

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

God never meant for the gospel to be complex, it’s simply enough for a kid to understand. Believe that Jesus Christ died for your sins and that he rose again on the 3rd day, bam, you are eternally sealed by the Holy Spirit. (Ephesians 4:30)

It is that easy for an unbeliever to be saved now under the gospel of grace given to the apostle Paul for us gentiles.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And how do I obtain this new heart. I want to be saved.
Trust in Jesus to save you. By his paying for your sins on the cross. And if you believe in him, it is because he saved you. Only those he saves can believe in any true sense.

Upvote 0