Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Many have different Christ's whom they worship. I can say I believe this but still worship an idol I call Christ.

I believe in the only begotten Son of God.
2 Peter 1:
16 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
17 For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him
from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

18 And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe in the only begotten Son of God.
2 Peter 1:
16 For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty.
17 For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him
from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”

18 And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.
Cults echo this from the housetops. They use it as bait to trap the unlearned.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I do, but I don't think all follow the true Christ.
And here lies the difficulty. Trying to establish agreement between two people, not to condemn
the beliefs of "most Christians". I don't know most Christians, but I know the Lord.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And here lies the difficulty. Trying to establish agreement between two people, not to condemn
the beliefs of "most Christians". I don't know most Christians, but I know the Lord.
Everyone says the same. If Jesus lives in your heart, then you know him personally and that settles it. The rest is just theory.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Cults echo this from the housetops. They use it as bait to trap the unlearned.
Wow! 2 Peter 1:16-18 is a doctrine of cults? So if cults start saying Jesus is the Son of God,
I should stop believing that fact?
The demons that Jesus cast out confessed:
"We know who you are, the Son of God".

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow! 2 Peter 1:16-18 is a doctrine of cults? So if cults start saying Jesus is the Son of God,
I should stop believing that fact?
The demons that Jesus cast out confessed:
"We know who you are, the Son of God".
They say that. Only by his personal presence in your heart do you know you have the true Christ.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Everyone says the same. If Jesus lives in your heart, then you know him personally and that settles it. The rest is just theory.
Confession of Faith is not theoretical, it is fundamental.
Romans 10:
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is,
the word of faith which we preach):
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God
has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession
is made unto salvation.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Confession of Faith is not theoretical, it is fundamental.
Romans 10:
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is,
the word of faith which we preach):
9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God
has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession
is made unto salvation.
Many do this but their faith is in the flesh to save them, not Christ.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Many do this but their faith is in the flesh to save them, not Christ.
I guess we will find out on that day.
Romans 2:16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess there is a time for preaching and a time for biting one's tongue and listening to the other's view or holding back. I pray to God to grant me the wisdom to know the difference.
The topic is the preaching that brings salvation to the lost, and the conviction of sin by the Holy
Spirit. God forbid that we would be found to have preached "another gospel" that failed to
convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess there is a time for preaching and a time for biting one's tongue and listening to the other's view or holding back. I pray to God to grant me the wisdom to know the difference.
"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die" In Memoriam
John 12:
24 Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground
and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.
25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world
will keep it for eternal life.
26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant
will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

In Christ.

Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The topic is the preaching that brings salvation to the lost, and the conviction of sin by the Holy
Spirit. God forbid that we would be found to have preached "another gospel" that failed to
convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment.

I'm okay with preaching that brings salvation to the lost, but the ones who needs salvation have to realize it that they are lost first in order to receive the benefits of the preaching. Don't we need divine wisdom to understand the Word of God?

As for the conviction of sin, it is the Holy Spirit and not preaching, pleading, or pointing fingers at others that will do the convicting.

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die" In Memoriam

Yes, Sean Connery, who I think was the best James Bond is gone (RIP Sean Connery), but Mr. Bond is still here. Thus, you are wrong in your memoriam as well as your preaching.

Do you believe divine wisdom is necessary for people for them to receive preaching?

"Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual. The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ." 1 Corinthians 2:12-16

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟37,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
"Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual. The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ." 1 Corinthians 2:12-16
Starting here James, and I am James also, Paul is teaching believers, so this would not be an effective
approach to evangelizing.
Don't we need divine wisdom to understand the Word of God?
No doubt, to rightly divide the word of truth, and apply all scriptures to our lives as believers. To
present the salvation message to the lost, John 3:16 will work just fine.
Do you believe divine wisdom is necessary for people for them to receive preaching?
For people to receive preaching, there must be conviction of sin, righteousness and judgment,
As for the conviction of sin, it is the Holy Spirit and not preaching, pleading, or pointing fingers at others that will do the convicting.
You speak well to say that the Holy Spirit does the convicting, for this is the heart work that only the
Lord can accomplish. Preaching the gospel is clearly, according to scripture, how this is accomplished.
Definitely not condemning or finger pointing. The Holy Spirit cannot convict someone of sin by preaching against sin. You can tell someone that they are going to hell, they are ruining their family and neglecting
their children by being a carousing drunk, and you might make them feel guilty. They may sincerely
want to change, in a type of "New Year's Resolution" form of repentance. The only preaching that
brings heart conviction is "The Son of God, crucified for sin". This the Holy Spirit can convict.
Thus, you are wrong in your memoriam as well as your preaching.
In memoriam is simply a tribute. That quote from one of the Sean Connery Bond films was particularly
applicable to the Gospel. Did you somehow miss that. You can watch Bond movies to your deathbed.
Connery was much more than Bond.
My preaching is in accordance with the scriptures. You may want to read post #1 and respond to the scriptures quoted before stating that I am wrong in my teaching.
1 Corinthians 1:21. For since, in the wisdom of God, the world through wisdom did not
know God, it pleased God through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe.

1 Corinthians 2:2. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

Acts 9:20. Immediately he preached the Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are two ways to read scripture. Carnally or spiritually. Only the Holy Spirit can produce the correct interpretation. DO you know most of what people believe today was condemned as heresy by the early Church creeds?

I’d like a couple of examples of that, please.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm okay with preaching that brings salvation to the lost, but the ones who needs salvation have to realize it that they are lost first in order to receive the benefits of the preaching. Don't we need divine wisdom to understand the Word of God?

The way it works is given in Romans 10 - they can’t believe unless they hear, and how can they hear if there is no preacher?

And in Romans 10:17 faith comes from hearing the word of God.

The Holy Spirit convicts of sin, causes faith, and draws men to Jesus, yet He can’t drag us to salvation, because the Holy Spirit is resistible by our freewill.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,848.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess we will find out on that day.
Romans 2:16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Many people quote this verse without understanding why Paul could call his preaching "my gospel", unlike Peter and the other 11.

He mentioned this phrase again and explain clearly what he meant by "my gospel" in Romans 16:25

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Paul preached Jesus according to the mystery.

On the other hand, Peter and the other 11 preached Jesus according to prophecy, as stated in Acts 2, 3 and 4.

Peter finds a rich Christology in the biblical passages he cites. “All the prophets” predicted the events of the last days, which Peter says have arrived (3:18, 21, 24; cf. 2:17-21).

The prophets predicted the events of Christ’s life, including his suffering and death (3:18), his resurrection (2:24-31 [=Ps. 16:8-11]), his ascension to heaven to be enthroned at God’s right hand (2:34-35 [=Ps. 110:1]; 3:21), his Second Coming for the “restoration of all things” (3:21 [cf. e.g. Is. 35:1–10; 65:17–25]), and his rejection by most of Israel (3:18; 4:11 [=Ps. 118:22]).

Jesus’ identity as Lord and Christ is confirmed since he fulfilled these scriptural expectations of the Messiah (2:36)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’d like a couple of examples of that, please.
Here's a great example.

“And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.”” John 3:36 (NLT)

Most read this passage incorrectly. They say whoever CHOOSES to believe making it law instead of grace. Law cannot save.

Those who understand it spiritually know that faith is a characteristic of those whom God saves.

Upvote 0

STommy

Oct 12, 2020
Jackson
✟13,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Here's a great example.

“And anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.”” John 3:36 (NLT)

Most read this passage incorrectly. They say whoever CHOOSES to believe making it law instead of grace. Law cannot save.

Those who understand it spiritually know that faith is a characteristic of those whom God saves.

But doesn't someone need to make a choice to actually seek faith in the Son of God? I thought that salvation was of God 100% but each individual unbeliever needed to make a choice of if they were going to follow the Spirit's conviction or not. God isn't going to force someone to be saved if they don't want to be.

Upvote 0