Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is the first death and there is the second death.

The first death came through the first Adam to the descendants of the first Adam.

The first death came through the first Adam rejecting the tree of life in favor of the tree of evil.

The second Adam (Christ) came to die in our place to deliver us from the first death.

The descendants of the first Adam are now delivered from the first death and are restored to the innocent state of the first Adam before the fall.

Having been restored to the innocent state before the fall, we are now given a second chance to eat from the tree of life by faith in the second Adam.

Those who now refuse to eat from the three of life, the life of Christ, are again choosing, instead, to eat from the tree of evil, the tree of death, and will, as a result, experience the second death from which there is no deliverance.

The first death came by living the sinful life of the first Adam.

The second death comes by rejecting the righteous life of the second Adam.

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

This statement here, is true, but there are some problems. If the second death is only by rejection of Christ, what will happen to those that never heard of him and died?

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This statement here, is true, but there are some problems. If the second death is only by rejection of Christ, what will happen to those that never heard of him and died?
I believe people can hear about Christ after death

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I believe people can hear about Christ after death

Interesting, I must be convinced by Scripture...

Edit: I didn't realize how vague your statement was, haha...I do believe people will know about Christ after death. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is the first death and there is the second death.

The first death came through the first Adam to the descendants of the first Adam.

The first death came through the first Adam rejecting the tree of life in favor of the tree of evil.

The second Adam (Christ) came to die in our place to deliver us from the first death.

The descendants of the first Adam are now delivered from the first death and are restored to the innocent state of the first Adam before the fall.

Having been restored to the innocent state before the fall, we are now given a second chance to eat from the tree of life by faith in the second Adam.

Those who now refuse to eat from the three of life, the life of Christ, are again choosing, instead, to eat from the tree of evil, the tree of death, and will, as a result, experience the second death from which there is no deliverance.

The first death came by living the sinful life of the first Adam.

We have the same choice that Adam & Eve had. Choose God/Jesus who is the tree of life and receive eternal life ... or not.

Ecclesiastes 1

9 What has been is what will be,

and what has been done will be done again;

there is nothing new under the sun.

Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 9:27 says man dies ONCE, then the judgement. No mention of a second death. I do not recollect Paul saying anything about a second death either.
I think the only mention is in Revelation. So since most of Revelation is written in "code" so to speak, isn't it possible that this "second death" (lake of fire) is merely a symbol of something other than a physical or spiritual death?

Upvote 0

Rubiks

proud libtard
Aug 14, 2012
United States
✟137,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting, I must be convinced by Scripture...

Edit: I didn't realize how vague your statement was, haha...I do believe people will know about Christ after death. :)

1 Peter 4:6 NRSV "For this is the reason the gospel was proclaimed even to the dead, so that, though they had been judged in the flesh as everyone is judged, they might live in the spirit as God does."

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
1 Peter 4:6 NRSV "For this is the reason the gospel was proclaimed even to the dead, so that, though they had been judged in the flesh as everyone is judged, they might live in the spirit as God does."

The context of this passage doesn't make sense with your conclusion. It appears that Peter is talking about Christians suffering afflictions and derision. This verse refers to Christians who had died.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 9:27 says man dies ONCE, then the judgement. No mention of a second death. I do not recollect Paul saying anything about a second death either.
I think the only mention is in Revelation. So since most of Revelation is written in "code" so to speak, isn't it possible that this "second death" (lake of fire) is merely a symbol of something other than a physical or spiritual death?
You are on the right track

Reactions: Shempster
Upvote 0