Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You said that religious people lived five years longer than non-religious people,
That is what all the studies show. Do a google search and read what the research shows.

then you disappeared.
I do not come on here very often. Don't have any desire to.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,750.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
That is what all the studies show. Do a google search and read what the research shows.

Which shows that people who participate in the community, get to know people and live happy lives live longer than those who don't. Nothing in there about it solely being for the religious people.

I do not come on here very often. Don't have any desire to.
Which is an honest shame since, even though you're quite a kooky fellow (and I mean that in the nicest possible way), you have some interesting posts to read.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is this a flame in violation of the rules? I can give you tons of evidence. Study after study on this subject. But I am not going to tolerate personal attacks.

No, he was stating reality.

I asked you this before, why do people in the least religious countries, have longer life spans?

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, the benefit seems to be in joining and being a functional part of a community center. It could be a synagogue or a mosque, it does not have to be a church. This is a good place for people to learn social skills and how to communicate with people.
-_- it doesn't have to have religious affiliations at all.

• Agree
Reactions: Wakalix
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is this a flame in violation of the rules? I can give you tons of evidence. Study after study on this subject. But I am not going to tolerate personal attacks.
No violation: a claim of "religious people live longer than non-religious people" has no relevance if the reason for the trend has nothing to do with actually being religious. Furthermore, Jesus literally told people to NOT go to churches and to privately worship in their own homes, which is the opposite of what helps people live longer.

• Agree
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I asked you this before, why do people in the least religious countries, have longer life spans?
What countries are you talking about?

"Over the last 20 years, research has gradually accumulated suggesting that religious service attendance is associated with better physical and mental health. For example, research articles have indicated that regular religious service attendance is associated with a 30 per cent reduction in depression,"

People who go to church live longer. Here’s why | Spectator Health

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What countries are you talking about?

"Over the last 20 years, research has gradually accumulated suggesting that religious service attendance is associated with better physical and mental health. For example, research articles have indicated that regular religious service attendance is associated with a 30 per cent reduction in depression,"

People who go to church live longer. Here’s why | Spectator Health

Countries with very low life expectancy are mostly very religious. The nations of sub-Saharan Africa are a good example. Plagues of malaria, parasites, dengue fever, cholera, diarrheal diseases, HIV/AIDS, etc., lop decades off life expectancy that is below 60 years for most of these countries. The presence of many serious chronic illnesses, and the expectation of an early death, predicts universal belief in God and the importance of religion (1).

With economic development, health improves, but religion declines (1). This means that developed countries are both healthier and more secular. Developed countries reap the benefits of improved healthcare, sanitation, and public health programs such as vaccination for measles and smallpox. As a result, average life expectancy has literally doubled from what it was a century ago.

So secular populations definitely live much longer than residents of highly religious countries. Examples include Sweden (life expectancy of 81 years) and Japan (life expectancy of 82 years) where residents outlive more religious Americans (78.5 years). Now, what happens if one compares religious and secular people in the same country?

Do Religious People Really Live Longer?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
African nations are not more religious, unless you consider a witch doctor to be religious.

Christianity is very strong in sub Saharan Africa.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
African nations are not more religious, unless you consider a witch doctor to be religious.

Please refrain from editing my posts when you reply to them. Use the entire context, or don't reply at all. I have mentioned this to you countless times.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,750.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Please refrain from editing my posts when you reply to them. Use the entire context, or don't reply at all. I have mentioned this to you countless times.

It's his SOP and I remember calling him out on it once but I can't remember his response perfectly, but I do remember that it was a very patronizing reason.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Bishop Desmond Tutu once said "When the white man first came to South Africa we had the land and they had the Bible. They said 'Let us bow our heads and close our eyes and pray together'. But when we opened our eyes they had the land and we had the Bible."

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,750.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

Joshua, why do you do that? Why do you only reply to certain parts of a person's comments and not the whole post? It's not smart and it's not an honest thing to do.

• Agree
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Joshua, why do you do that? Why do you only reply to certain parts of a person's comments and not the whole post? It's not smart and it's not an honest thing to do.

Probably a crude defense mechanism. Ignore the part you dont want to deal with.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums