ZuZu

Contributor
Dec 16, 2005
✟20,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I used to work in a sandwich shop...small area, deli like atmosphere....very busy. Anyway, there was another waitress there that was clueless about tact. The owner/cook was behind the counter and she whispered to this waitress that she had to pee, so please keep an eye as when the bathroom opened up (she couldn't see from behind the counter). In a few minutes the waitress yelled at the top of her lungs.."Anne, the bathroom is open now so you can go pee!"....

another "bathroom" incident at this same place happened a few weeks later. I was working the cash register at the counter and this woman walked up to me as she was leaving, leaned forward and whispered to me..."excuse me, I just thought I'd let you know that I soiled your restroom." I just looked at her :eek: and thought....did you tell me cause you are proud of it? cause you could have remained anonymous to that piece of information!

Upvote 0

MissBabylon

hetaere
Nov 22, 2007
Rome
✟15,938.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This could be fun. Tell your stories about people you know who have absolutely no tact in social settings or whatever-- I would appreciate it though if you'd not mention my name.
This isn't funny, it's sad really. My MIL has absolutely no tact at all, and no common sense, and no intelligence, and no kindness. She's a nasty woman, and after her stroke earlier this year she's only gotten worse - grumpy all the time, mentally abusive to all people around her (strangers or no strangers), mostly to her husband. She only barks nowadays. I think it has a lot to do with her not understanding the world around her anymore - but she really has the shortest temper I've ever seen, and she only makes negative comments, never positive ones. She's good at criticizing others but can't take criticism herself.

I'm always friendly, cheerful and polite to her because I don't want to ruin the family relationship. But I can't stand her. She always insults me whenever we see each other. Mostly my looks, but also my (excellent) cooking, my housekeeping, my career, my taste, my cats, etc.

One of her recent tactless remarks was about my parents. My MIL is 71 and mentally greatly deteriorating, my parents are 10 years younger, and there's nothing wrong with them mentally speaking. My inlaws' house is getting a bit too large for them to keep up with (MIL has back problems), so their kids were suggesting a smaller apartment. My MIL's angry and offended reaction: "I'm not an old woman yet! I'm too young for that!" Then she asked me whether my parents lived in an old folks home yet! :doh:Helloooo - YOU're "too young" for a smaller apartment, but you seriously think my much younger parents are already senile? :doh:

But the worst things aren't the constant insults, it's the fact that she can't make sense anymore that worries me a lot. She never was intelligent (I think my husband was adopted, he's brilliant), but now she can't think or speak rationally at all anymore. :(

I feel sorry for her. At the same time, it's impossible for me to like her. Even before the stroke she's never liked me, and always made sure I noticed.

Upvote 0
S

ScarletRose

This isn't funny, it's sad really. My MIL has absolutely no tact at all, and no common sense, and no intelligence, and no kindness. She's a nasty woman, and after her stroke earlier this year she's only gotten worse - grumpy all the time, mentally abusive to all people around her (strangers or no strangers), mostly to her husband. She only barks nowadays. I think it has a lot to do with her not understanding the world around her anymore - but she really has the shortest temper I've ever seen, and she only makes negative comments, never positive ones. She's good at criticizing others but can't take criticism herself.

I'm always friendly, cheerful and polite to her because I don't want to ruin the family relationship. But I can't stand her. She always insults me whenever we see each other. Mostly my looks, but also my (excellent) cooking, my housekeeping, my career, my taste, my cats, etc.

One of her recent tactless remarks was about my parents. My MIL is 71 and mentally greatly deteriorating, my parents are 10 years younger, and there's nothing wrong with them mentally speaking. My inlaws' house is getting a bit too large for them to keep up with (MIL has back problems), so their kids were suggesting a smaller apartment. My MIL's angry and offended reaction: "I'm not an old woman yet! I'm too young for that!" Then she asked me whether my parents lived in an old folks home yet! :doh:Helloooo - YOU're "too young" for a smaller apartment, but you seriously think my much younger parents are already senile? :doh:

But the worst things aren't the constant insults, it's the fact that she can't make sense anymore that worries me a lot. She never was intelligent (I think my husband was adopted, he's brilliant), but now she can't think or speak rationally at all anymore. :(

I feel sorry for her. At the same time, it's impossible for me to like her. Even before the stroke she's never liked me, and always made sure I noticed.
Is she related to my MIL? She hates me because I got pregnant before I married her son and she's never bothered hiding it, either.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
OH. I cannot believe I forgot this one.

It was like my first week in this internal medicine clinic, and everyone did warn me about this rude woman (patient) who was a lawyer and thought her poo didn't stink. And she and her husband were getting tested for infertility if I remember correctly.

Well, her husband had to give a sample of his sperm, so they sent them home with a specimen cup.

The woman walks in, comes up to the window, with the specimen in the condom and the condom tied in a knot.

She leans right in and hangs it in my face and says 'what do you want me to do with this'--- and I just backed the hell up and looked at her with the most disgusted look. And one of the techs came to my rescue and took her husbands sample.

Upvote 0

Silouan

Feb 7, 2007
✟15,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OH. I cannot believe I forgot this one.

It was like my first week in this internal medicine clinic, and everyone did warn me about this rude woman (patient) who was a lawyer and thought her poo didn't stink. And she and her husband were getting tested for infertility if I remember correctly.

Well, her husband had to give a sample of his sperm, so they sent them home with a specimen cup.

The woman walks in, comes up to the window, with the specimen in the condom and the condom tied in a knot.

She leans right in and hangs it in my face and says 'what do you want me to do with this'--- and I just backed the hell up and looked at her with the most disgusted look. And one of the techs came to my rescue and took her husbands sample.

Sick...sounds like something that would happen at my agency. :sick:

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Before my mom had a cataract operation a neighbor came over and told her his two sisters had the operation and went blind. Another time, after she had a heart attack, a neigborhood told her about her uncle. He surivved his first heart attack but died of another one six months later.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My brothers used to play DnD with my older cousin who was a professor at a college and he had decent money...

My cousin once said he was leaving to go get himself and his g/f some dinner but did not invite anyone to go with them.
Right before he walked out the door my mom had arrived with some pizza's.
To which he sat back down and began eating it without so much as asking or offering to pay.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.