claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 10:30-35 I and my Father are one. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods? If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Context...remember, context...anyone can cherry pick.

What Christ is quoting is from Psalms 82. Where Aspah is talking about the responsibility of the lawyers and the Higher men of the Jewish faith to judge people on earth. That the way they do the responsibility is Guided by the Scriptures assuring that God is in it.

We are not gods, in the sense of an omnipotent,omnipresent, or omniscience. God.

Yes, correct, "We are not gods, in the sense of an omnipotent, omnipresent, or omniscience".
but in immortality we are? can you provide me scripture that states this?

We (humans) are only gods in the sense of authority (kings, judges, lawyers) here on earth, as the psalm states. Jesus used miracles to show his authority, and quoted psalm 82 that humans have been called gods who have authority. Jesus "cherry picked" a verse to show that it was not wrong for himself to called the son of God.

So, If scripture cannot be broken and "the Soveriegn, King of kings, and Lord of lords, who alone has immortalitiy", how are our souls immortal?

Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Living soul. He's eternal, He created a living soul, God doesn't do things halfway.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Thank you for providing this. This helps me see your view better.

So do animals have immortal souls as well? Genesis 1:20 , Genesis 1:21 , Genesis 1:24 all use the same word "nephesh" as Genesis 2:7

Additionally, how do you reconcile the verse you quoted Ecclesiastes 12:7 with Ecclesiastes 3:19-21? "For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts; for all is vanity. 20 All go to one place; all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again. 21 Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down to the earth?"

Never said you would know the difference. Said that the law is placed upon our heart then.

But we know the difference to what is right and wrong from birth. And because of sin. We are separated from God and deserve Hell. But because He loved us so much Christ died in our place.

You said it right there. So back to my question, since as you said that we know the difference between right and wrong from birth, do newborn babies who die go to hell?

• Winner
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Matthew 24, Jesus’ disciples come to Him with a question about the end of the age: “What will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” (Matthew 24:3). What follows is the Olivet Discourse, Jesus’ summary of end times’ events as they relate to Israel. The disciples thus understood the end of the age to mean “the final judgment that accompanies Jesus’ second coming.” The end of the age will be a great calamity for those who persist in their rejection of Christ. Judgment will fall swiftly and with finality. For the children of God alive during that time, the end of the age will be a time of salvation and fulfilled hope.

Matthew 24:3 " “Tell us, when will this be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the full end of the age?”

Mark 13:4 "4 “Tell us, when will this be, and what will be the sign when these things are all to be accomplished?”

Luke 21:7 "“Teacher, when will this be, and what will be the sign when this is about to take place?”

The "context" of this is Jesus' statement about the destruction of the temple. All of these questions mean the same thing.

the "sign of the coming and full end of the age" is the same thing as "the sign and when it will be accomplished" with regards to the destruction of the temple.

After going through all of this, Jesus then states in each gospel, that THIS GENERATION (Jesus' audience) would not pass away before all these things occur: wars, famines, earthquakes, pestilence, persecution, temple destruction, and coming of the son of man in power and glory.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The wages of sin is death.......This is spiritual death.

I absolutely agree with you!

So, I guess then I have to ask, why do we have hope in the resurrection if our souls are immortal and go straight to God when we die?

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Not following you with this one. So you are saying that Matthew 10:28 states God has the power to annihilate the body and soul in hell, but doesn't because luke 12:4-5 says God can physically kill the body and then cast the soul to hell? So these are not parallel stories? These are different stories alltogther?

Nope same story. Meaning the same thing. God can physically kill the body. He can even annihilate the body and soul in hell. But He doesn't.

Hebrews 9:26b (YLT) "but now once, at the full end of the ages, for putting away of sin through his sacrifice, he hath been manifested;"

This verse tells us when the FULL end of the age was. Could you provide specific verse that says the full end of the age is 2000+ years in the future?

First, which age is He speaking about?

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, correct, "We are not gods, in the sense of an omnipotent, omnipresent, or omniscience".

First, never said we were gods even after we go home to be with the Lord. There is no scripture that states that. And neither did I.

We (humans) are only gods in the sense of authority (kings, judges, lawyers) here on earth, as the psalm states. Jesus used miracles to show his authority, and quoted psalm 82 that humans have been called gods who have authority. Jesus "cherry picked" a verse to show that it was not wrong for himself to called the son of God.

He used the scriptures in Psalms 82 contextually to show that it was not wrong to call himself the Son of God. He knew how to answer the questions using the scripture and keeping it in context to the subject at hand. So he didn't cherry pick. He quoted it as He asked Ashap to write it.

So, If scripture cannot be broken and "the Soveriegn, King of kings, and Lord of lords, who alone has immortalitiy", how are our souls immortal?

Why do you think they are not immortal? Besides the scriptures that you use that obiously state spiritual death.

So do animals have immortal souls as well? Genesis 1:20 , Genesis 1:21 , Genesis 1:24 all use the same word "nephesh" as Genesis 2:7

Don't know. I do know that the Lion will lay with the lamb. I do know they'll exist there with the Lord. They are also His creation. The only thing I can come close to explaining is this. God breathed life into us creating our soul. There's no scripture stating that He did the same to other animals. Remember we also are animals.

Additionally, how do you reconcile the verse you quoted Ecclesiastes 12:7 with Ecclesiastes 3:19-21? "For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same; as one dies, so dies the other. They all have the same breath, and man has no advantage over the beasts; for all is vanity. 20 All go to one place; all are from the dust, and all turn to dust again. 21 Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down to the earth?"

Great question.
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was; rather, and the dust return, etc.—the sentence begun above being still carried on to the end of the verse. Here we are told what becomes of the complex man at death, and are thus led to the explanation of the allegorical language used throughout. Without metaphor now it is stated that the material body, when life is extinct, returns to that matter out of which it was originally.1 So Siracides calls man "dust and ashes," and asserts that all things that are of the earth turn to the earth again (Ecclus. 10:9; 40:11). Soph., 'Electra,' 1158—

jAntithv Morfhv spodon te kai skian ajnwfelh

"Instead of thy dear form, Mere dust and idle shadow."

Corn. a Lapide quotes a remarkable parallel given by Plutarch ('Apol. ad Apollon.,' 110) from Epicharmus," Life is compounded and broken up, and again goes whence it came; earth indeed to earth, and the spirit to upper regions." And the spirit shall return unto God who gave it; or, for the spirit—the clause being no longer subjunctive, but speaking indicatively of fact. In the first clause the preposition "to" is l, in the second la, as if to mark the distinction between the downward and the upward way. The writer now rises superior to the doubts expressed in Ec 3:21 (where see note) "Who knoweth the spirit of man, whether it goeth upward," etc.? It is not that he contradicts himself in the two passages, as some suppose, and have hence regarded ver. 7 as an interpolation; but that after all discussion, after expressing the course of his perplexities, and the various phases of his thought, he comes to the conclusion that there is a future for the individual soul, and that it shall be brought into immediate connection with a personal God. There is here no thought of its being absorbed in the anima mundi, in accordance with the heathen view, which, if it believed dimly in an immortality, denied the personality of the soul (see Eurip., 'Suppl.,' 529-534; Lucret., 2. 998, sqq.; 3:455, sqq.). Nor have we any opinion given concerning the adverse doctrines of creationism and traducianism, though the terms used are most consistent with the former. God breathed into man's nostrils the breath of life; when this departs, he who gave receives it; God "gathereth in" man's breath. [Ps 104:29] The clause, taken in this restricted sense, would say nothing about the soul, the personal "I;" it would merely indicate the destination of the vital breath; and many critics are content to see nothing more in the words. But surely this would be a feeble conclusion of the author's wanderings; rather the sentence signifies that death, releasing the spirit, or soul, from the earthly tabernacle, places it in the more immediate presence of God, there, as the Targum paraphrases the passage, returning to stand in judgment before its Creator.

You said it right there. So back to my question, since as you said that we know the difference between right and wrong from birth, do newborn babies who die go to hell?

Again, never said we know the difference between right and wrong from birth. I said again, that the law is placed in our hearts, at our conception.
The Bible tells us that, even if an infant or child has not committed personal sin, all people, including infants and children, are guilty before God because of inherited and imputed sin. Inherited sin is that which is passed on from our parents. In Psalm 51:5, David wrote, “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.” David recognized that even at conception he was a sinner. The very sad fact that infants sometimes die demonstrates that even infants are impacted by Adam’s sin, since physical and spiritual death were the results of Adam’s original sin.

Each person, infant or adult, stands guilty before God; each person has offended the holiness of God. The only way God can be just and at the same time declare a person righteous is for that person to have received forgiveness by faith in Christ. Christ is the only way. John 14:6 records what Jesus said: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, except through Me.” Also, Peter states in Acts 4:12, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.” Salvation is an individual choice.

What about babies and young children who never attain the ability to make this individual choice? The age of accountability is the concept that those who die before reaching the age of accountability are automatically saved by God’s grace and mercy. The age of accountability is the belief that God saves all those who die never having possessed the ability to make a decision for or against Christ. One verse that may speak to this issue is Romans 1:20, “Since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.” According to this, mankind’s guilt before God is based, in part, on the fact that people reject what they can “clearly see” of God’s existence, eternality, and power. This leads to the question of children who have no faculty for “clearly seeing” or reasoning about God—wouldn’t their natural incapacity to observe and reason provide them with an excuse?

Christ’s death is presented as sufficient for all of mankind. First John 2:2 says Jesus is “the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.” This verse is clear that Jesus’ death was sufficient for all sins, not just the sins of those who specifically have come to Him in faith. The fact that Christ’s death was sufficient for all sin would allow the possibility of God’s applying that payment to those who were never capable of believing.

On the day of Pentecost, Peter said, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself” (Acts 2:38–39, NAS). The word children here (teknon in Greek) means “child, daughter, son.” Acts 2:39 indicates that forgiveness of sins is available to one and all (cf. Acts 1:8), including future generations. It does not teach family or household salvation. The children of those who repented were also required to repent.

The one passage that seems to identify with this topic more than any other is 2 Samuel 12:21–23. The context of these verses is that King David committed adultery with Bathsheba, with a resulting pregnancy. The prophet Nathan was sent by the Lord to inform David that, because of his sin, the Lord would take the child in death. David responded to this by grieving and praying for the child. But once the child was taken, David’s mourning ended. David’s servants were surprised to hear this. They said to King David, “What is this thing that you have done? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept; but when the child died, you arose and ate food.” David’s response was, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who knows, the LORD may be gracious to me, that the child may live.’ But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me.” David’s response indicates that those who cannot believe are safe in the Lord. David said that he could go to the child but could not bring the child back to him. Also, and just as important, David seemed to be comforted by this knowledge. In other words, David seemed to be saying that he would see his baby son (in heaven), though he could not bring him back.

Although it is possible that God applies Christ’s payment for sin to those who cannot believe, the Bible does not specifically say that He does this. Therefore, this is a subject about which we should not be adamant or dogmatic. God’s applying Christ’s death to those who cannot believe would seem consistent with His love and mercy. It is our position that God applies Christ’s payment for sin to babies and those who are mentally handicapped, since they are not mentally capable of understanding their sinful state and their need for the Savior, but again we cannot be dogmatic. Of this we are certain: God is loving, holy, merciful, just, and gracious. Whatever God does is always right and good, and He loves children even more than we do.

This also shows that the soul continues, even for the lost. Because God is loving, holy, merciful, just, and gracious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

First, never said we were gods even after we go home to be with the Lord. There is no scripture that states that. And neither did I.

He used the scriptures in Psalms 82 contextually to show that it was not wrong to call himself the Son of God. He knew how to answer the questions using the scripture and keeping it in context to the subject at hand. So he didn't cherry pick. He quoted it as He asked Ashap to write it.

Why do you think they are not immortal? Besides the scriptures that you use that obiously state spiritual death.

Don't know. I do know that the Lion will lay with the lamb. I do know they'll exist there with the Lord. They are also His creation. The only thing I can come close to explaining is this. God breathed life into us creating our soul. There's no scripture stating that He did the same to other animals. Remember we also are animals.

Great question.
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was; rather, and the dust return, etc.—the sentence begun above being still carried on to the end of the verse. Here we are told what becomes of the complex man at death, and are thus led to the explanation of the allegorical language used throughout. Without metaphor now it is stated that the material body, when life is extinct, returns to that matter out of which it was originally.1 So Siracides calls man "dust and ashes," and asserts that all things that are of the earth turn to the earth again (Ecclus. 10:9; 40:11). Soph., 'Electra,' 1158—

"Instead of thy dear form, Mere dust and idle shadow."

Corn. a Lapide quotes a remarkable parallel given by Plutarch ('Apol. ad Apollon.,' 110) from Epicharmus," Life is compounded and broken up, and again goes whence it came; earth indeed to earth, and the spirit to upper regions."

And the spirit shall return unto God who gave it; or, for the spirit—the clause being no longer subjunctive, but speaking indicatively of fact. In the first clause the preposition "to" is l, in the second
upload_2017-5-25_19-11-48.png
, as if to mark the distinction between the downward and the upward way. The writer now rises superior to the doubts expressed in Ec 3:21 (where see note) "Who knoweth the spirit of man, whether it goeth upward," etc.? It is not that he contradicts himself in the two passages, as some suppose, and have hence regarded ver. 7 as an interpolation; but that after all discussion, after expressing the course of his perplexities, and the various phases of his thought, he comes to the conclusion that there is a future for the individual soul, and that it shall be brought into immediate connection with a personal God. There is here no thought of its being absorbed in the anima mundi, in accordance with the heathen view, which, if it believed dimly in an immortality, denied the personality of the soul (see Eurip., 'Suppl.,' 529-534; Lucret., 2. 998, sqq.; 3:455, sqq.). Nor have we any opinion given concerning the adverse doctrines of creationism and traducianism, though the terms used are most consistent with the former. God breathed into man's nostrils the breath of life; when this departs, he who gave receives it; God "gathereth in" man's breath. [Ps 104:29] The clause, taken in this restricted sense, would say nothing about the soul, the personal "I;" it would merely indicate the destination of the vital breath; and many critics are content to see nothing more in the words. But surely this would be a feeble conclusion of the author's wanderings; rather the sentence signifies that death, releasing the spirit, or soul, from the earthly tabernacle, places it in the more immediate presence of God, there, as the Targum paraphrases the passage, returning to stand in judgment before its Creator.

traducianism is a doctrine about the origin of the soul (or synonymously, "spirit"), holding that this immaterial aspect is transmitted through natural generation along with the body, the material aspect of human beings.

Again, never said we know the difference between right and wrong from birth. I said again, that the law is placed in our hearts, at our conception.

The Bible tells us that, even if an infant or child has not committed personal sin, all people, including infants and children, are guilty before God because of inherited and imputed sin. Inherited sin is that which is passed on from our parents. In Psalm 51:5, David wrote, “Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.” David recognized that even at conception he was a sinner. The very sad fact that infants sometimes die demonstrates that even infants are impacted by Adam’s sin, since physical and spiritual death were the results of Adam’s original sin.

Each person, infant or adult, stands guilty before God; each person has offended the holiness of God. The only way God can be just and at the same time declare a person righteous is for that person to have received forgiveness by faith in Christ. Christ is the only way. John 14:6 records what Jesus said: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, except through Me.” Also, Peter states in Acts 4:12, “Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.” Salvation is an individual choice.

What about babies and young children who never attain the ability to make this individual choice? The age of accountability is the concept that those who die before reaching the age of accountability are automatically saved by God’s grace and mercy. The age of accountability is the belief that God saves all those who die never having possessed the ability to make a decision for or against Christ. One verse that may speak to this issue is Romans 1:20, “Since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.” According to this, mankind’s guilt before God is based, in part, on the fact that people reject what they can “clearly see” of God’s existence, eternality, and power. This leads to the question of children who have no faculty for “clearly seeing” or reasoning about God—wouldn’t their natural incapacity to observe and reason provide them with an excuse?

Christ’s death is presented as sufficient for all of mankind. First John 2:2 says Jesus is “the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.” This verse is clear that Jesus’ death was sufficient for all sins, not just the sins of those who specifically have come to Him in faith. The fact that Christ’s death was sufficient for all sin would allow the possibility of God’s applying that payment to those who were never capable of believing.

On the day of Pentecost, Peter said, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself” (Acts 2:38–39, NAS). The word children here (teknon in Greek) means “child, daughter, son.” Acts 2:39 indicates that forgiveness of sins is available to one and all (cf. Acts 1:8), including future generations. It does not teach family or household salvation. The children of those who repented were also required to repent.

The one passage that seems to identify with this topic more than any other is 2 Samuel 12:21–23. The context of these verses is that King David committed adultery with Bathsheba, with a resulting pregnancy. The prophet Nathan was sent by the Lord to inform David that, because of his sin, the Lord would take the child in death. David responded to this by grieving and praying for the child. But once the child was taken, David’s mourning ended. David’s servants were surprised to hear this. They said to King David, “What is this thing that you have done? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept; but when the child died, you arose and ate food.” David’s response was, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who knows, the LORD may be gracious to me, that the child may live.’ But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me.” David’s response indicates that those who cannot believe are safe in the Lord. David said that he could go to the child but could not bring the child back to him. Also, and just as important, David seemed to be comforted by this knowledge. In other words, David seemed to be saying that he would see his baby son (in heaven), though he could not bring him back.

This also shows that the soul continues, even for the lost. Because God is loving, holy, merciful, just, and gracious.

Although it is possible that God applies Christ’s payment for sin to those who cannot believe, the Bible does not specifically say that He does this. Therefore, this is a subject about which we should not be adamant or dogmatic. God’s applying Christ’s death to those who cannot believe would seem consistent with His love and mercy. It is my position that God applies Christ’s payment for sin to babies and those who are mentally handicapped, since they are not mentally capable of understanding their sinful state and their need for the Savior, but again we cannot be dogmatic. Of this I am are certain: God is loving, holy, merciful, just, and gracious. Whatever God does is always right and good, and He loves children even more than we do.

Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Matthew 24:3 " “Tell us, when will this be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the full end of the age?”

Mark 13:4 "4 “Tell us, when will this be, and what will be the sign when these things are all to be accomplished?”

Luke 21:7 "“Teacher, when will this be, and what will be the sign when this is about to take place?”

The "context" of this is Jesus' statement about the destruction of the temple. All of these questions mean the same thing.

the "sign of the coming and full end of the age" is the same thing as "the sign and when it will be accomplished" with regards to the destruction of the temple.

After going through all of this, Jesus then states in each gospel, that THIS GENERATION (Jesus' audience) would not pass away before all these things occur: wars, famines, earthquakes, pestilence, persecution, temple destruction, and coming of the son of man in power and glory.

Correct...hey we agree...Praise God...He is awesome...!!!!

Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

Edmond Smith

Jan 5, 2016
United States
✟14,316.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I absolutely agree with you!

So, I guess then I have to ask, why do we have hope in the resurrection if our souls are immortal and go straight to God when we die?

The apostle Paul tells us, “If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith” (1 Corinthians 15:13-14). In other words, if there isn’t any resurrection, our faith is pointless. If Christianity is simply about this physical life and then we die to never exist again, then it really doesn’t matter what we do or how we live or what we believe.

Paul said in verse 19, “If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all people.” If there is no future for us, then our lives would more sensibly focus on having a good time while we can (verse 32). If there is no resurrection, then it would not be helpful for us to believe in Christ, because that might mean sacrifice and persecution.

If there is no resurrection, then the crucifixion of Christ didn’t achieve anything for us, and we are still in our sins (verse 17). But there is a resurrection, not only for Christ but also for us, and this is an important part of the Christian faith.

the resurrection helps us deal with the difficulties and persecutions of believing in Christ when most people around us do not. When our life and ministry runs into problems, we do not just quit. We do not say, Let’s eat and drink and be merry, because nothing really matters much. No, there is a future, and life does matter, and we want to live with our future in mind. Which is what those who do not repent will think, if all there is for punishment is death. No judgment, No hell, No torment, No Wrath. If that's the case, why would they want to be saved in the first place. They love themselves more than they would ever love God. They live for the moment now, trying to find satisfaction in themselves. The Bible clearly tells us that we don't seek out God, We are not good, and He ask will He find any faithful when He comes back. This is why this "there is no conscious torment" excuse is just that. An excuse because, some people decided they did not like the concept of Hell. So, just get rid of it. The most successful Lie Satan has ever done, is to convince people that he doesn't exist and that neither does hell. And the scary part...is it's mostly those who claim Christianity who spew that garbage. I've witnessed to many of the lost and except for the Atheist, which aren't many, most understand that there is a Heaven and a Hell, and everyone of them think they are good enough to get to Heaven. Very few are honest enough to admit that they aren't. This is why the scripture tells us this:

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. (Spiritual Death, Hell)

מָוֶת mâveth, maw'-veth

from H4191; death (natural or violent); concretely, the dead, their place or state (hades); figuratively, pestilence, ruin:—(be) dead(-ly), death, die(-d).

masculine noun

No one is good enough and no one can be good enough. You'd have to be perfect in all things. And there has only one ever to be that, Jesus.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
n
Isaiah 66:24 does not say that the one in flesh are abhorring the wickeds forever on the new earth, but makes it seem at specific times -when they go view them.

Yes, I am not saying the saints are viewing the destroyed remains for all eternity on the New Earth. That would be strange. I am saying that they may have memory of their destruction and have contempt of that event and know that is what happens to those who took pleasure (or justified a life) of doing evil or sin. For we do not need to have Hitler's remains before us in order to have everlasting contempt for him.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The apostle Paul tells us, “If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith” (1 Corinthians 15:13-14). In other words, if there isn’t any resurrection, our faith is pointless. If Christianity is simply about this physical life and then we die to never exist again, then it really doesn’t matter what we do or how we live or what we believe.

Paul said in verse 19, “If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all people.” If there is no future for us, then our lives would more sensibly focus on having a good time while we can (verse 32). If there is no resurrection, then it would not be helpful for us to believe in Christ, because that might mean sacrifice and persecution.

If there is no resurrection, then the crucifixion of Christ didn’t achieve anything for us, and we are still in our sins (verse 17). But there is a resurrection, not only for Christ but also for us, and this is an important part of the Christian faith.

the resurrection helps us deal with the difficulties and persecutions of believing in Christ when most people around us do not. When our life and ministry runs into problems, we do not just quit. We do not say, Let’s eat and drink and be merry, because nothing really matters much. No, there is a future, and life does matter, and we want to live with our future in mind. Which is what those who do not repent will think, if all there is for punishment is death. No judgment, No hell, No torment, No Wrath. If that's the case, why would they want to be saved in the first place. They love themselves more than they would ever love God. They live for the moment now, trying to find satisfaction in themselves. The Bible clearly tells us that we don't seek out God, We are not good, and He ask will He find any faithful when He comes back. This is why this "there is no conscious torment" excuse is just that. An excuse because, some people decided they did not like the concept of Hell. So, just get rid of it. The most successful Lie Satan has ever done, is to convince people that he doesn't exist and that neither does hell. And the scary part...is it's mostly those who claim Christianity who spew that garbage. I've witnessed to many of the lost and except for the Atheist, which aren't many, most understand that there is a Heaven and a Hell, and everyone of them think they are good enough to get to Heaven. Very few are honest enough to admit that they aren't. This is why the scripture tells us this:

Proverbs 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. (Spiritual Death, Hell)

מָוֶת mâveth, maw'-veth

from H4191; death (natural or violent); concretely, the dead, their place or state (hades); figuratively, pestilence, ruin:—(be) dead(-ly), death, die(-d).

masculine noun

No one is good enough and no one can be good enough. You'd have to be perfect in all things. And there has only one ever to be that, Jesus.

But your point here doesn't make any sense. Her point does. There is no point to resurrect people bodily if we all just have immortality already (By having immortal souls). Who cares if our body continues on or not. We can be like angels and still continue on. But only Christ alone has immortality (1 Timothy 6:16). It is only through Jesus we can truly live forever. Without Jesus and there is no eternal life. Jesus says He came to give us life and that we may have it more abundantly. I do not see how Jesus will be living in the wicked and giving them eternal life and immortality just so as to suffer for all time. Not only is that sick and saddistic, but it is not fair and just judgment by any means (and you know it).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 66:24 is taking place on the new earth. What would be the purpose of those not in that location to have to keep going to view the wickeds unless there was
torment going on as a warning to the onlookers? Mark 9 refers to various members - body parts should be cut off if they cause a person to offend. You would need a conscience to know that you offended-sinned. Another body part is mentioned elsewhere as to the tongue. It does not say to cut if off. Mark 9 only mentions parts as to what there would be two of. Sometimes in the KJV it has dead carcase. In Mark 9, a person entering into either life or hell - would be carrying with them their soul. My thought is that the body could be dead with a burning soul inside of it. -the conscience.

Mark 9
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
/This verse seems to be linked to verse 48 - as in for - because of this reason - their worm dieth not.
they are salted with fire////preserved? seasoned

I think the worm is the soul/conscience. With a clear conscience -having cut off his foot or such that had made him feel guilty - the person could later enter into life - not feeling like he offended.

Acts 24:16

“And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.”

Hebrews 10:2

“For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.”

I believe that is possible that the wicked may be punished for a certain set amount of time in the Lake of Fire for their sins here upon this Earth; Then they will be destroyed.

I also believe there is a real physical hell that the richman had went to, as well.
I just do not think it is a torture chamber as depicted by popular movies and or Christian videos.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
contempt means - abhor
At the end of Isaiah 66 - the abhorring takes place when the transgressors are looked upon. That seems to happen for eternity - on the new earth. People worship God, then go out and look at the wickeds and get abhorred-no matter how many times they see them.

No. They will abhor (have contempt) of that event for all eternity because they know that is the fate of those who do evil or wickedness.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,193,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey look. You are not going to convince me to think that God is a monster who tortures the wicked for all eternity for a finite amount of crimes committed against Him and others. Never gonna happen. First, more verses are in support of Conditional Immoraltiy than ECT. Second, the ECT position is a violation of basic morality or the goodness of God. I have carefully examined the Scriptures on both sides many times in prayer.

God is good; He is not evil.

• Winner
Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0