SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It’s a deeper problem. It’s a problem which is transcending race and skin color.

Extremist groups are looking for “like minded” people regardless to the demographics.
The problem is not very deep, white supremacy is the problem. And we can't address the problem when people incorrectly try to deny that a white supremacist is white, despite being white and having a German surname.

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,423,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are similarities between the lone domestic terrorist attacks attributed to ISIS and these white supremacist domestic attacks.

If I remember correctly, many on these boards kept telling us that the ISIS related attacks did not reflect on the larger Muslim community at large. That these were extremists who had a personal axe to grind.

Yet with these recent attacks, one being attributed to white supremacy and one to a disturbed Warren supporter, there is a widespread problem.

Isn’t this the same type of hype we saw against Muslims when we had those attacks under Obama?

ISIS related attacks do not reflect on the larger Muslim community just as White Supremacy does not reflect on the larger American community.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,423,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s a deeper problem. It’s a problem which is transcending race and skin color.

Extremist groups are looking for “like minded” people regardless to the demographics.

Agreed. What factors lead a young man, apparently supported by an upstanding family, to turn to dangerous ideologies?

Perhaps the most disturbing part of this? There doesn't seem to have been any obvious warning signs...(based on information to date).

That Crusius apparently was quietly but thoroughly indoctrinated into racist theories on websites such as 8chan, where police think he posted a missive attempting to explain his hatred, came as a complete shock to his family members back in Collin County, according to Chris Ayres, a lawyer who represents the family. He was with his twin sister, Emily, just two nights before the shooting, and he did not betray anything unusual going on in his life, Ayres said. His grandparents, with whom he lived until about six weeks ago as he attended Collin College, said they always welcomed him in their home and never had a problem with him.

“This all came out of left field,” Ayres said, adding that Crusius would occasionally chat about history and current events but that no one thought his opinions were unusual. “There weren’t hot political opinions flying back and forth or anything.”

Crusius’s parents — Bryan, a therapist, and Lori, a hospice admissions nurse — said in a statement this week that they are devastated, believing their son’s actions “were apparently influenced and informed by people we do not know, and from ideas and beliefs that we do not accept or condone, in any way. He was raised in a family that taught love, kindness, respect, and tolerance — rejecting all forms of racism, prejudice, hatred, and violence.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...babf2c-817b-40a3-a79e-e56fbac94cd5_story.html

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
uh-huh.
Your first post is "Was this another case of a non-White male embracing white supremacy doctrine?"
You referred to him as non-white in the next post.

His surname is German.

I often get frustrated with folks who are not aware that an ethnic classification is not a race. Even if he was Hispanic, which he isn't, he is white.

If this is the case, then why are the hispanic people who come illegally over the Mexican border considered "brown people" when the claim is made that white people are racist for wanting to secure the southern border?

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If this is the case, then why are the hispanic people who come illegally over the Mexican border considered "brown people" when the claim is made that white people are racist for wanting to secure the southern border?
Never used to hear of them as brown people when I was young.
That seemed to be more of a problem after the government started asking about ethnicity.
Is "brown people" suppose to be a race?
Are you aware that there are black Hispanics? Are you aware that many Hispanics are descended from the Spaniards? Ever travel to Greece and note the dark hair and olive complexion of many?
One does not have to be Northern European to be white. Ever travel to Brazil and find natural blonds?
Ever think it is in part because of how much sunshine folks in areas are exposed to?

This is silliness.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
There seems to be confusion around Hispanic ethnicity and race. A Hispanic person is someone that comes from a Spanish speaking country, so whether you're from Honduras, Argentina, or Spain, you are Hispanic. This is contrast to Latino, which refers to Latin America, thus Brazilians are Latino, but not Hispanic, while Spaniards are Hispanic, but not Latino. That said, Hispanic classification has nothing to do with race.

Racial categories are not universal because they are a social construct, but people of African descent can be Hispanic or Latino (Latin America has 37.2 Afro-Latinos). Likewise, there are many people of European origin (e.g., many Argentinians are of Italian descent) that are Hispanic. Accordingly, people like Ted Cruz are Hispanic, but they are also white; his mother is Irish/Italian from Delaware, his father is Cuban of Spanish (Spain) origin.

How this relates to racism? The people targeting Hispanics often target people based on their look, hence they look for brown people based on the mistaken idea that all Hispanic people are mestizo. This is why the average Argentinians receive considerably less harassment than the average Mexican. It's the reason why people like Alexis Bledel or Louis CK do not come to people's minds when discussing Hispanics, while someone like Salma Hayek, who's parents of Lebanese and Spanish origin make her just multicultural, is someone immediately mentioned because of here brown complexion.

That's where the racism comes from, the focus on brown people. Someone can be Hispanic and a white supremacist because being Hispanic does not mean you are non-white. It doesn't help that entertainment publications publish stories like, "List of Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Hispanic," perpetuating the idea that Hispanic means brown. You also have politicians that like to skate this line when discussing racism (e.g., Ted Cruz has played with the idea that him being Hispanic means he is not white). Nonetheless, those that target Spanish-speaking people with brown skin are judging people based on their skin color and are justifiably labeled racists.

This attitude also applies to those that hate Muslims and target people they perceive to be "Middle Eastern-looking."

This is silliness.
Indeed.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Was this another case of a non-White male embracing white supremacy doctrine?

View attachment 260725

Is this meant to be a riddle or a joke or something? To answer your question, of course not, since the white nationalist you're showing us the mugshot of is obviously white.

Jeepers. This reminds of how Donald pitched a season of his tacky reality show with all-white & all-black teams. He wanted the all-white team to be blond. To state the obvious there's plenty of white folks who do not have blond hair.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this meant to be a riddle or a joke or something? To answer your question, of course not, since the white nationalist you're showing us the mugshot of is obviously white.

Jeepers. This reminds of how Donald pitched a season of his tacky reality show with all-white & all-black teams. He wanted the all-white team to be blond. To state the obvious there's plenty of white folks who do not have blond hair.
Thank you for your opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
How the El Paso Killer Echoed the Incendiary Words of Conservative Media Stars
Tucker Carlson went on his prime-time Fox News show in April last year and told his viewers not to be fooled. The thousands of Central Americans on their way to the United States were "border jumpers," not refugees, he said. "Will anyone in power do anything to protect America this time," he asked, "or will leaders sit passively back as the invasion continues?"

When another group approached the border six months later, Ann Coulter, appearing as a guest on Jeanine Pirro's Fox News show, offered a dispassionately violent suggestion about what could be done to stem the flow of migrants: "You can shoot invaders."

Now when I say invasion and talk about shooting invaders, I don't really mean that, I'm not being racist either...

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,423,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From -- How the El Paso Killer Echoed the Incendiary Words of Conservative Media Stars

Rush Limbaugh issued a grim prognosis to his millions of radio listeners: If the immigrants from Central America weren’t stopped, the United States would lose its identity. “The objective is to dilute and eventually eliminate or erase what is known as the distinct or unique American culture,” Mr. Limbaugh said, adding: “This is why people call this an invasion.”

Well Rush, I've done my part to dilute your "distinct or unique culture" ---I am bi-lingual and married to a Latina.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
From -- How the El Paso Killer Echoed the Incendiary Words of Conservative Media Stars

Rush Limbaugh issued a grim prognosis to his millions of radio listeners: If the immigrants from Central America weren’t stopped, the United States would lose its identity. “The objective is to dilute and eventually eliminate or erase what is known as the distinct or unique American culture,” Mr. Limbaugh said, adding: “This is why people call this an invasion.”

Well Rush, I've done my part to dilute your "distinct or unique culture" ---I am bi-lingual and married to a Latina.
Remember, using words like dilute is meant raise alarm for the loss of whiteness. That's where the white genocide crowd gets their false narrative. It's always about dilution, changing demographics, invasions, etc., they can't be directly racist, so they dance around it to make whiteness the thing in danger.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ISIS related attacks do not reflect on the larger Muslim community just as White Supremacy does not reflect on the larger American community.
I think I have to disagree on both counts.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Once again thank you for your opinion.

Once again, what I provided for you were facts. Not opinions.

I was posting from my phone, hadn't taken a look at your name when I replied to your 1st post, just did so based on what you'd written. Now of course I know it is you. What I told you was as much of a fact as your user name being redleghunter, not pinklegdhunter.

Unless it's your claim that what was an opinion is that Donald Trump pitched a season of his tacky reality show with an all-black team vs. an all-white team, with all the white folks having blond hair? Sure, it's my opinion that his show was tacky but the rest is fact:

Trump Pitched a Season of The Apprentice with All-White and All-Black Teams
The president has long contended that racial division is a sure bet for mass popularity.

If you're still trying to claim that it's just an opinion that the El Paso massacre shooter is white, well, have you seen a picture of his family? His white dad, his white twin sister, his white mom. His sister looks like a young Anne Hathaway. Not going to post a picture of her here on account of how she's not her brother's keeper, doesn't deserve notoriety. But if inclined you can find it for yourself. Folks have posted their senior year pictures, which are side-by-side in the yearbook.

To say it's just an opinion that the shooter & his family are white is to say it's just an opinion that Donald Trump, Jr is white, since he doesn't have blond hair & blue eyes. The El Paso massacre & his folks are literally whiter than Jr's dad, Donald Trump. I don't think you'd call it an opinion that Donald Trump, despite his skin tone, is in fact a white male. You'd call that a fact.

Not sure where you got the idea that the shooter's name is Portuguese. I can take my guesses, but also guessing it's not the sort of source you can show on CF. FIC was nice enough to try to disabuse you, to show you evidence that it's German. You haven't done the same for your claim. It's not germane to the discussion anyhow. This thread is what is says in the label, it's about the El Paso screed, the racist doctrine behind it. We can see the content of the massacre's character from what he wrote, what he did, even if you want to distract from that to talk about what color you think his skin is, what ancestry his last name is. I expect you to once again go with the snide "thank you for your opinion," but it'd be nice to be wrong about that.

Eta
The relevance to Trump is exactly what is laid out in this post, the one at the top of the chain of posts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Once again, what I provided for you were facts. Not opinions.

I was posting from my phone, hadn't taken a look at your name when I replied to your 1st post, just did so based on what you'd written. Now of course I know it is you. What I told you was as much of a fact as your user name being redleggedhunter, not pinkleggedhunter.

Unless it's your claim that what was an opinion is that Donald Trump pitched a season of his tacky reality show with an all-black team vs. an all-white team, with all the white folks having blond hair? Sure, it's my opinion that his show was tacky but the rest is fact:

Trump Pitched a Season of The Apprentice with All-White and All-Black Teams
The president has long contended that racial division is a sure bet for mass popularity.

If you're still trying to claim that it's just an opinion that the El Paso massacre shooter is white, well, have you seen a picture of his family? His white dad, his white twin sister, his white mom. His sister looks like a young Anne Hathaway. Not going to post a picture of her here on account of how she's not her brother's keeper, doesn't deserve notoriety. But if inclined you can find it for yourself. Folks have posted their senior year pictures, which are side-by-side in the yearbook.

To say it's just an opinion that the shooter & his family are white is to say it's just an opinion that Donald Trump, Jr is white, since he doesn't have blond hair & blue eyes. The El Paso massacre & his folks are literally whiter than Jr's dad, Donald Trump. I don't think you'd call it an opinion that Donald Trump, despite his skin tone, is in fact a white male. You'd call that a fact.

Not sure where you got the idea that the shooter's name is Portuguese. I can take my guesses, but also guessing it's not the sort of source you can show on CF. FIC was nice enough to try to disabuse you, to show you evidence that it's German. You haven't done the same for your claim. It's not germane to the discussion anyhow. This thread is what is says in the label, it's about the El Paso screed, the racist doctrine behind it. We can see the content of the massacre's character from what he wrote, what he did, even if you want to distract from that to talk about what color you think his skin is, what ancestry his last name is. I expect you to once again go with the snide "thank you for your opinion," but it'd be nice to be wrong about that.
What does Trump have to do with this?

Upvote 0