Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
do you really think it is reasonable to charge someone for something that happened 13 years ago when the person was a young teen?
googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1431698694306-1'); });
Is the statue of limitations up?

Upvote 0

EEP

Nov 17, 2006
✟15,177.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a Duggar fan, either. But the message about the male and female role in a marriage is spot on, although there's no absolute male domination involved. The rules of dating and courtship are right on, too. And Mom Duggar's advice is right on. Love and Marriage are sacrificial in nature. Both man and woman sacrifice themselves for love of each other. Sometimes, you might be tired, but the other spouse wants to be romantic, you sacrifice for the other.
I've lived my marriage both ways, and it works so much better when each sacrifices for the other's benefit. Things run smoother, things get done better, there's less irritation, and more cooperation. Being submissive to your spouse does not mean you don't have a say. You give your input and advice on whatever the dilemma is, and come to a decision.
Do you think, if the Duggar's message is so wrong, that more than one child would have been caught up in this problem? I think Josh had a psychological problem, and they discovered it (the wrong way) and dealt with it (the right way).

This did happen when Josh was 14 and the next year they signed up for the show....so that could be debated that there were other adults around (the tv crew), to kinda do more monitoring of a potential situation if it would arise, ( I have read articles that there were times when the tv crew acted more as a babysitter then people just filming and not getting involved) Yes I do agree Josh probably had a psychological problem, its the dealing with it I have an issue with, a couple family friends. As well I'm not sure if you have actually read what the mom and dad have wrote but I come from a conservative background very familiar with what the teaching is, and as much as you can say there are two parties and both bring a equal voice (I agree with that part, compromising and sacrificing for the other and everything) it is not the way it is written and ultimately practiced. I am not sure what articles you have read on the family values, or about the Gothard principles (because the two are directly related to each other). The teaching of the mom and dad in some cases could be classified as marital rape (not all), but it could clearly be taken that way by the wrong person reading it. I agree being submissive to a spouse SHOULD NOT mean the wife gets no say, but how often is that practiced? And how often does the wife get told I'm the man do what I say?

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Achilles6129

Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
✟29,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Just thought of the following passage:

"4 Marriage is to be held in honor among all, and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge." Heb. 13:4 (NASB)

Notice that the judging in this passage is deferred to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chandler50

Sep 4, 2015
Washington DC
✟8,162.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hello all,

Recently there's been much in the news about the Duggar family, what with the allegations of the older brother's abuse and so on. I wanted to see what everyone on here thought about their theology, their TV show, etc. - whatever else. I do have a suspicion, however, and that is as follows:

It should be no secret that the vast majority of people in the West do not like the real Bible. I think that even many modern Christians also do not like the real Bible or real Biblical theology. Indeed, people enjoy deriding those who take the Bible seriously. I think that part of the reason this show was put on television (and I have to admit I haven't seen even one episode) was to give people an outlet to antagonize and attack Fundamentalist Christianity (i.e., those who take the Bible seriously and study it a lot). In other words, part of the reason this show was put on television was to show people how "absurd" Fundamentalist Christianity is.

Any thoughts?
It succeeded. Though I think your definition of 'fundamentalist' is slightly off. Yes, they take the Bible seriously, but they also only use the Bible, which is anti-biblical because it fails to adhere to the traditions of the apostles.

Unfortunately, when you abandon tradition, you end up with thousands of groups believing that they have the right answer to biblical interpretations.

Then eventually you get really 'out there' groups that call themselves Christians even though they completely believe false doctrine.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More on the Duggar family: Josh Duggar has admitted to using the Ashley Madison website and cheating on his wife:
And he has paid thousands to a inappropriate content star to have sex with her when his wife was pregnant.
http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...Mag&utm_medium=AMIPartner&utm_campaign=August

Upvote 0