The Double Message of Eternal Security.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let me put it this way, if you rely on your righteousness than you must also rely on your unrighteousness.

If I say to God, look at me I did good. I than place myself under the Law.
James 2:9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. 10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. James 2:11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

God now looks upon the wickedness I do as well.

Then why do we read the following in Scripture?

"His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." (Matthew 25:23).

"And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Matthew 25:30).

I would say that a person is unprofitable if they are also working sin or iniquity, too.
How so? See Ezekiel 18:24.

Also, Paul says,

5 "But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God." (Romans 2:5-11).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They may be ever seeing but never perceiving
And ever hearing but never understanding

Actually Paul says,

3 "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
4 He is proud, knowing nothing,..." (1 Timothy 6:3-4).

So if a person speaks against the words of Jesus and or Godliness (righteous living) they are proud and they know nothing. They are ever learning and yet not able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

James 4:6 says God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble.

Yet, in Eternal Security or a sin and still be saved gospel, it does not matter if you are proud. You can still get grace even despite James words. But this would be a violation of Scripture.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James chapter 2 is so true.

Don't have respect of persons....for when you do, you begin to put yourself back under the law.

Life is a testimony of this....all law keepers
Jim Jones
Joseph Smith
Ellen White

I could go on....
Iv lost track... Think.I replied to.your other post but was in the writing thread

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually Paul says,

3 "If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;

So if a person speaks against the words of Jesus and or Godliness (righteous living) they are proud and they know nothing. They are ever learning and yet not able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Yet, in Eternal Security or a sin and still be saved gospel, it does not matter if you are proud. You can still get grace even despite James words. But this would be a violation of Scripture.

The proud refuse to accept the message of grace, for they want a righteousness of their own

• Agree
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With the power of the Spirit there is no striving. He has given us the power not to sin willfully. If you do sin willfully, then you are not walking in the Spirit and your doctrine is completely wacked. God will not be mocked.
Great ...
Now..is righteousness a thing you have or a thing you Do..
Can you walk in the Holy Spirit and Not do the works of righteousness?

So if you say you are made the righteousness of Christ Jesus ..but then don't Do what the righteous Lord Jesus Did and does..
Are you not just making an empty claim

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sadly many don't walk after the Spirit. They crush people with impossible demands. Demands they do not demand of themselves.
As far as the east is from the West is as far as such people are from following after the Holy Spirit

Let our focus be on how to walk in the Spirit, rather than rejoicing we are not under the law, for if you do not walk in the Spirit, you ARE under the law.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Great ...
Now..is righteousness a thing you have or a thing you Do..
Can you walk in the Holy Spirit and Not do the works of righteousness?

So if you say you are made the righteousness of Christ Jesus ..but then don't Do what the righteous Lord Jesus Did and does..
Are you not just making an empty claim

He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let our focus be on how to walk in the Spirit, rather than rejoicing we are not under the law, for if you do not walk in the Spirit, you ARE under the law.
If we walk after the Spirit we will rejoice we are not under the law, we will be evermore grateful to Christ our saviour. Our gratitude to God will be overwhelming, and then we can love him as he wants us to love him

• Agree
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Actually Paul says,

You have a problem with God not us. Pray and ask God why. It is His choice not yours. You haven't died for anyone.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
If we walk after the Spirit we will rejoice we are not under the law, we will be evermore grateful to Christ our saviour. Our gratitude to God will be overwhelming, and then we can love him as he wants us to love him

What about not being under thou shalt not kill, steal, commit adultery, and coveting are you rejoicing about

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What about not being under thou shalt not kill, steal, commit adultery, and coveting are you rejoicing about
I rejoice about not being under the law full stop.
When I earnestly lived under a law of righteousness I feared God, but I couldn't truly love him. No one can you see. The first and greatest commandment is not then obeyed

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
When I earnestly lived under a law of righteousness I feared God, but I couldn't truly love him. No one can you see. The first and greatest commandment is not then obeyed

I focus on it differently. I rejoice that he gave me the wonderful experience of being baptized with the Holy Spirit. That is life changing. And yes, God is love, and with love in me, I even love Him more.

I know the law, but I never worried about it.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I focus on it differently. I rejoice that he gave me the wonderful experience of being baptized with the Holy Spirit. That is life changing. And yes, God is love, and with love in me, I even love Him more.

I know the law, but I never worried about it.
Speaking of the baptism of the holy spirit.
I remember in my youth, after the service, sitting on a wall outside the evangelical church we went to, smoking a cigarette. The looks I got from some of the stalwarts in the church made me believe I would be cast into hell for smoking alone, let alone all my other imperfections.
A few years later, Jean Darnell confirmed I was baptised in the Holy Spirit and spoke in tongues. Yet at that time I still smoked!

I learnt a valuable lesson that day. God does not lay the demands on you that some of his children do

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

“But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.” (1 John 2:5).

It is not...

whosever does not keep His Word the love of God is perfected.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.” (1 John 2:5).

It is not...

whosever does not keep His Word the love of God is perfected.

You resist the words of scripture, as has been plainly shown you. But you stubbornly refuse to listen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay. We have already been over the Jim Jones thing within this thread and you are in error.
Jim Jones used phrases like the "letter of the Law" in hatred of the King James Bible.
Jim Jones did not believe Jesus was God.
Jim Jones desired people to follow Him and not God's Word.
Jim Jones believed in reincarnation.
Jim Jones made people go against their moral conscience to kill themselves.
This is clearly a violation of God's laws.
Yet, Jim Jones wanted people to trust him in the fact that everything was going to be okay.
The danger of Eternal Security is that you can tell people to kill themselves, or sleep around, and or being hateful because what you do does not relate to your salvation because you have a mere belief alone on Jesus. Time and time again we see people enslaved to their sin and committing suicide because of Eternal Security. Just look up George Sodini with the keywords Eternal Security.

Go back to Jim Jones before the end, when they had all night session literally beating the sin out of people.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Go back to Jim Jones before the end, when they had all night session literally beating the sin out of people.

I do not see that in the Word of God. What's your point? People try to get rid of sin in the most silliest ways. I think Eternal Security does a similar thing. It makes one think they are covered by God's grace no matter what they do. But we do not see this in the Scriptures, either.

Upvote 0