Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Judas felt bad about his sin but he did not deal with it in the right way. He had a worldly sorrow and not a Godly sorrow because he committed suicide instead of repenting of his sin.

Only because of his suicide is why he was not saved, not anything else...

You said on another thread, I quote:

"I think God knows my struggle with sin, and that I do not give up, but sometimes I stumble and fall, when I stumble or fall, and I commit a sin, Afterward, I immediately begin asking for forgiveness and acknowledging God's greatness, and my weakness. Now, I do not give up on not sinning, I try to moderate my habits (which takes some small measure of self control) Anyways, I moderate my habits if I don't feel strong enough to do away with them completely

I have had some success in what I'd call behavioral or charachter flaws, sins that can hurt other people, but I am having difficulty with the sins that I feel like I'm only affecting myself, sins like smoking and masturbating and looking at inappropriate content." ~ Quote by: Neogaia.​

Yes, Your point being...? If you want details, I'll give them to you, but, I'll just tell you that the worst of those only happens about five minutes at a time, cause I hate looking at it even when I'm looking at it, and like to get it over with as quick as possible and not that much of it in my head either, just long enough to get off, then forget about it, except continuing to talk with God about it in my prayers, and that (that sin) is about five minutes, once, every other day on average, just in case you wanted to know... I don't like it, trying to better, but still struggle...​

Source:
I feel closer to God in my sins...

Serious sins is any sin that leads to spiritual death or the Lake of Fire. 1 John 5:16-17 talks about sins that lead to death and sins that do not lead to death. Jesus says there is a greater sin (John 19:11). Jesus said the Pharisees ignored the weightier matters of the Law like justice, love, faith, and mercy (Matthew 23:23) (Luke 11:42). There is also the unforgiveable sin, as well (Matthew 12:31-32). So no. Not all sin is the same.

I should have said that I feel God draws even closer to me in my sins...

It's not complicated. Jesus, Paul, and others have clearly told us which sins lead to spiritual death.
Murder, hate, adultery, theft, idolatry, unforgiveness, etc. (See Matthew 6:15, Matthew 5:28-30, 1 John 3:15, Galatians 5:19-21, Revelation 21:8).

If a believer is seeking to overcome sin, then I will be glad to help them to do so. But if they are seeking to justify their sin, it is not wrong for me to tell them that they are wrong for wanting to remain in their sin or to think that they can sin and still be saved (Thereby turning God's grace into a license for immorality). Try re-reading Jude 1:4 sometime. Also, 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says we can correct others by God's Word.

Awesome, yes, use your experience to help other overcome sin then, but not to make them feel condemned, k...?

God Bless!

Oh, any of any kind of any sin at all is disobedience and rebellion toward God, in that, were all guilty and fall short.... But, as I said, that is only the beginning, and no new beginning for all who do not accept the truth of it first, then, there is more, good and better news after that...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did not state before that we have to keep all 1,050 + commands in order to be saved or that all these commands are dealing with our salvation if we do not keep all of them. But there are commands within this list that do relate to our salvation, though. For example: A Christian cannot murder and still be saved. They would have to repent of such a sin, if they were to do so.

The above post does not answer the question.

Have you many times stated the Christian is under a law of righteousness concerning 1050 NT commands?
I didn't ask you what you did not state, but what you have stated!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You haven't answered the question Jason.
Have you on numerous occasions stated the Christian is under a law of righteousness concerning 1050 NT commands?

If your intent is to post something I have written earlier out of context of what I am saying, then you can forget it. In the past, I have stated that a believer seeks to obey the commands in the New Testament. But I am telling you NOW (for clarification) that the keeping of all of God's commands in the New Testament do not relate to our salvation. I have said this to you before that not all sin is the same many times. I said there are sins that do not lead unto spiritual death and sins that lead unto spiritual death.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If your intent is to post something I have written earlier out of context of what I am saying, then you can forget it. In the past, I have stated that a believer looks to obey the commands in the New Testament. But I am telling you NOW (for clarification) that the keeping all of commands in the New Testament do not relate to our salvation. I have said this to you before that not all sin is the same many times. I said there are sins that do not lead unto spiritual death and sins that lead unto spiritual death.

Have you stated on numerous occasions the Christian is under a law of righteousness concerning 1050 NT commands?

I'm posting nothing out of context. Just trying to get you to confirm statements you have on numerous occasions made

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank goodness many would be ministers, who do not practice wheat they preach come in the internet. At least it saves people in the flesh listening to their demands they do not practice.
At least on the internet you can respond to the hypocrisy

You are implying accusations that simply do not exist.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have you stated on numerous occasions the Christian is under a law of righteousness concerning 1050 NT commands?

I'm posting nothing out of context. Just trying to get you to confirm statements you have on numerous occasions made

Please give me an exact post # and I will be happy to explain it to you instead of you leaping to the wrong conclusions. But whatever words I have said in regards to the NT commands, it was not my intention to say that every single 1,050 + New Testament commands relates to our salvation. Some do, but others don't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please give me an exact post # and I will be happy to explain it to you instead of you leaping to the wrong conclusions. But whatever words I have said in regards to the NT commands, it was not my intention to say that every single 1,050 + New Testament commands relates to our salvation. Some do, but others don't.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't you believe lying not repented of leads to condemnation?

Yes, lying is a sin that leads unto spiritual death if not repented of. But you have proved that I have lied. Good luck with that. Even if I did lie, I can repent and move on. It is not something that enslaves or rules my life because Christ lives within me.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I, along with everyone else I imagine would like you to stop running away from answering a simple question.
Have you in numerous occasions stated the Christian is under a righteousness of observing 1050 NT commands.
You know you have many times stated that. But now you are scared to admit it

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well it must be clear to everyone you are now afraid to confirm what you have previously stated on numerous occasions.
That says it all really

You are funny. My refusal to answer your question does not confirm anything. I am not refusing to answer your question because I know you are trying to pin something on me that does not exist. But good luck with trying to do so, though.

Upvote 0

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟78,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, lying is a sin that leads unto spiritual death if not repented of. But you have proved that I have lied. Good luck with that. Even if I did lie, I can repent and move on. It is not something that enslaves or rules my life because Christ lives within me.

I can easily prove the hypocrisy. But you just deflect all the time, as you gave proved to be true concerning my gift asked question

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I, along with everyone else I imagine would like you to stop running away from answering a simple question.
Have you in numerous occasions stated the Christian is under a righteousness of observing 1050 NT commands.
You know you have many times stated that. But now you are scared to admit it

I have asked you repeated questions and you have not answered them.
Do you struggle with sin and yet think you are saved while you are in those sins?
Has your life of sin been better as a result of your belief?
I asked you Ephesians 5:5 and you ignored it.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can easily prove the hypocrisy. But you just deflect all the time, as you gave proved to be true concerning my gift asked question

Either provide the post # where you think you have something on me or move on.
I am not obligated to answer you in the way you want anymore than you have refused to do with me.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Are you lying about believing the Scripture that says, every man is a liar...?

Or, God saying "Am I a man that I should lie, or the Son of Man, that...?"

God Bless!

God means Hypocrisy, which if we were all to be honest were all guilty of sometimes, even after were saved and on our way, we can still be or act hypocritically occasionally if were aware of it, and frequently when were not...

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can tell everyone that Jason, on numerous occasions has stated the Christian is under a righteousness of observing 1050 NT commands

He of course can accuse me of falsehood if he disagrees with my statement

Stuart, you do not scare me. I only fear God. So either bring forth the posts or move on.

Upvote 0