The Doorkeeper

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟29,490.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Psa 84:9 Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
Psa 84:10 For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
Psa 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Psa 84:12 O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.

I took my place just inside the entrance of the church hall, a small table stood against the wall behind me stacked with hymn and chorus books. I expectantly held one of each in my left hand awaiting the arrival of each attendee to the service, happily shaking hands and presenting them with the necessary books for our worship part of the service.

“Good evening [or, perhaps, it was morning, occasionally afternoon as we travelled to towns sharing the good news], welcome, we hope you enjoy the service tonight.”

Sometimes people stopped for a little chat [this made it necessary for other doorkeepers to help], friends with a chuckle [little merriment of life] or visitor making themselves known. I loved my little place in the church.

It is necessary to be genuine in your welcome. It is not so much about “first impressions” to me [that’s a business outlook] but to let people feel the love that God has for them. Oh the warmth of affection that Jesus has for every one of us!

I loved that job. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God.

In some aspects I view Christian Forums as a door an entrance into the fellowship we have together in Jesus Christ. It is a place where we come together and, like a church, there are things to be observed and guidelines to be followed [that seem often ignored to the chagrin of those trying to govern and keep the peace]. Hopefully we will each work to keep the peace in honour of the host who is Jesus Christ: only begotten son of God our Father.

Taking my place at the entrance I wish you a genuine heartfelt welcome and wish you happiness in our fellowship together.

Oh, I know we don’t all agree, and that you might have come with strong objections, but I am glad you are here all the same.

Sometimes we’re a little playful and tease. If you get offended, please forgive and overlook our enthusiasm. Sometimes we can be caustic and abrasive. Once again I hope you can overlook our faults.

Mostly we all have one thing in common: we have put our faith in Jesus Christ and his sacrificial death for our salvation. He is the gift of grace that justifies and that grace is the free gift of God by whom we are justified. If you have not yet known him I hope you will be introduced here for then you will know eternal life: true life.

Sometimes, while I’m here, I can feel unwanted and I’ll go away for a while but I always return because, to me, its not about me, its about Jesus and about you. I want you to know you are loved in spite of how objectionable we might appear to each other.

Sometimes I feel lonely and ignored but I hope you don’t think I am ignoring you. I read a lot of what is said. Sometimes I don’t comment because I think what has been said says enough and its not necessary to add to it. When reading of your struggles I may not comment but I always pray for your comfort and strength that I know God gives so well. Many of the things I read I think are better not debated and I will often leave a conversation because I feel [as I have already said] unwanted or I think the topic has already been adequately answered or possibly the discussion is just getting ridiculous.

But you are never ignored. Generally you will find someone has lent a listening ear, after all, its what we’re here for. It really is an expression of the church.

Every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. 1Co 14:26

So true here. You can all have a say, only, realise that the site rules are there so that we might fulfill the last part of that verse.

Let all things be done unto edifying.

I hope you feel truly welcome while you are here.

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status