Aden
✟9,029.00
Country
Yemen
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hello Christian followers. I believed in Jesus in April this year. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and God in the flesh. I believe that Jesus is the way and the only way, and he is the only one who can give life. The problem is, other than that, I and the Christian faith don't see things the same way. I can tell you about the differences, but I rather wait until you ask about them. I'm from Aden, Yemen. We don't have working Churches, and I don't know any Christians here.

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hallelujah!

As I understand it, Yamen is a terribly persecuted country for Christians. In the top 10 for sure. I am sorry that you live in a place like that. I pray God gives you the strength to endure in that place.

You have to ask yourself who or what is your authority. Is it you and what you want or is it God? And BTW, there are a lot of Christian things that are not in the Bible, but I believe the Bible is the Word of God and as such I subject myself to its teachings.

Welcome! I hope you can find the fellowship you crave here.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Rami77

Aug 15, 2023
Aden
✟9,029.00
Country
Yemen
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hallelujah!

As I understand it, Yamen is a terribly persecuted country for Christians. In the top 10 for sure. I am sorry that you live in a place like that. I pray God gives you the strength to endure in that place.

You have to ask yourself who or what is your authority. Is it you and what you want or is it God? And BTW, there are a lot of Christian things that are not in the Bible, but I believe the Bible is the Word of God and as such I subject myself to its teachings.

Yamen is a terribly persecuted country for Christians. In the top 10 for sure.
Thank you for noticing that. People keep asking me if I already invited others to Christianity!

Upvote 0

Rami77

Aug 15, 2023
Aden
✟9,029.00
Country
Yemen
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hallelujah!

I believe the Bible is the Word of God and as such I subject myself to its teachings.
I believe in every word came out of the mouth of Jesus, and Jesus is my only teacher. If Jesus is all I need to be saved, then why go to others?

"
MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD
ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT
PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF
GOD
" (Matthew, 4:4)

"
He opened His mouth and began to
teach them, saying
" (Matthew, 5:2)

"
But do not be called Rabbi; for One is
your Teacher,
and you are all brothers.
" (Matthew, 23:8)

"
THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH
THEIR LIPS, BUT THEIR HEART IS
FAR AWAY FROM ME.
BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME,
TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE
PRECEPTS OF MEN.
" (Matthew, 15:8)

Upvote 0

Rami77

Aug 15, 2023
Aden
✟9,029.00
Country
Yemen
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I believe in every word came out of the mouth of Jesus, and Jesus is my only teacher. If Jesus is all I need to be saved, then why go to others?

I admire your dedication to Jesus.

It's a good question. I do not think Apostle Paul studied the Old Testament for 13 years in vain. There is much to be learned from his writings. Christ tells Peter, "Feed my sheep," meaning, be a minister to them. I want to be a minister to other people as well. As such I want to study so I am best equipped to do that. Although you are in a unique situation and evangelism may be difficult for you, I think knowing all that the Word of God says will only help you deepen your faith. Christ taught from the Old Testament. He believed in the authority of scripture. We should too.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people do hide away their faith in persecuting countries. I see nothing wrong with it. But it sounds like you don’t believe the Bible other than Jesus is the savior, the way the truth and the life. Muslims I think believe He is a great prophet. If He is God then everything He says is truth and the only way to live. Don’t you agree @Rami77 ?
Embrace His truth but still keep it to yourself………. Welcome to the forum I hope you find strength and peace in Jesus here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rami77

Aug 15, 2023
Aden
✟9,029.00
Country
Yemen
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I admire your dedication to Jesus.

It's a good question. I do not think Apostle Paul studied the Old Testament for 13 years in vain. There is much to be learned from his writings. Christ tells Peter, "Feed my sheep," meaning, be a minister to them. I want to be a minister to other people as well. As such I want to study so I am best equipped to do that. Although you are in a unique situation and evangelism may be difficult for you, I think knowing all that the Word of God says will only help you deepen your faith. Christ taught from the Old Testament. He believed in the authority of scripture. We should too.
The question is, are the words of Jesus in the Gospels enough to save us?
Do we think we can't be saved without Paul's teachings and OT wisdom? If not, why seek other than the savior?
We can teach Jesus' teachings, but we can't create new teaching using his name, to pass those teachings.

Upvote 0

Rami77

Aug 15, 2023
Aden
✟9,029.00
Country
Yemen
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Some people do hide away their faith in persecuting countries. I see nothing wrong with it. But it sounds like you don’t believe the Bible other than Jesus is the savior, the way the truth and the life. Muslims I think believe He is a great prophet. If He is God then everything He says is truth and the only way to live. Don’t you agree @Rami77 ?
Embrace His truth but still keep it to yourself………. Welcome to the forum I hope you find strength and peace in Jesus here.
I believe in the words of Jesus in the Gospels. They are enough for us to be saved.
Thank you for the encouragement. :praying:

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The question is, are the words of Jesus in the Gospels enough to save us?
Do we think we can't be saved without Paul's teachings and OT wisdom? If not, why seek other than the savior?
We can teach Jesus' teachings, but we can't create new teaching using his name, to pass those teachings.

Let me put it this way: If you were a scholar, you would study the field you specialized in. Let's say you are a physicist. You would not just learn about Newton and leave Einstein alone. You would learn about all sorts of physicists and their theories. Even in life, we must study things to be proficient at our job. If we learn more about our job, that helps us. We would not just want to know the basics, but we would want to strive towards mastery. Part of what Jesus says to do is love God with your whole mind. That means we want to be familiar with all the Bible. The OT as Jesus hardly said anything without quoting it. And the NT as it illuminates our understanding of Christ.

Upvote 0

Rami77

Aug 15, 2023
Aden
✟9,029.00
Country
Yemen
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Let me put it this way: If you were a scholar, you would study the field you specialized in. Let's say you are a physicist. You would not just learn about Newton and leave Einstein alone. You would learn about all sorts of physicists and their theories. Even in life, we must study things to be proficient at our job. If we learn more about our job, that helps us. We would not just want to know the basics, but we would want to strive towards mastery. Part of what Jesus says to do is love God with your whole mind. That means we want to be familiar with all the Bible. The OT as Jesus hardly said anything without quoting it. And the NT as it illuminates our understanding of Christ.
The OT as Jesus hardly said anything without quoting it.
He had to. He had to speak the language that the Jews understand. But he made it clear that he did has anything to do with the OT god.

You have heard that it was said, '
YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT
ADULTERY';
but I say
"

And that we need to get rid of the old (OT.)

"
But no one puts a patch of unshrunk
cloth on an old garment; for the patch
pulls away from the garment, and a
worse tear results.
" (Matthew, 9:16)

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Jesus was first and foremost the Jewish Messiah. He was the one foretold in the OT.

Now, I don't know this for sure, but I have a hunch that you say these things because you do not like Jews. The Jews are the people who God chose to send His Son through. Jesus says, "Salvation is of the Jews."

"And because he was angry, his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured until he could pay everything that was owed. So also my heavenly Father will do to you unless every one of you forgives his brother or sister from your heart." (Matthew 18:34–35)

We must forgive from our heart, not just in word and deed.

Christ brings reconciliation through the cross. The cross unites all people.

Consider that even though Jesus was a Jew, He talked with a Samaritan woman. Jesus was not a racist. He brought the truth to the whole world. And the whole Bible speaks of Christ. He can be found on virtually ever page.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rami77

Aug 15, 2023
Aden
✟9,029.00
Country
Yemen
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was first and foremost the Jewish Messiah. He was the one foretold in the OT.

Now, I don't know this for sure, but I have a hunch that you say these things because you do not like Jews. The Jews are the people who God chose to send His Son through. Jesus says, "Salvation is of the Jews."

"And because he was angry, his master handed him over to the jailers to be tortured until he could pay everything that was owed. So also my heavenly Father will do to you unless every one of you forgives his brother or sister from your heart." (Matthew 18:34–35)

We must forgive from our heart, not just in word and deed.

Christ brings reconciliation through the cross. The cross unites all people.

Consider that even though Jesus was a Jew, He talked with a Samaritan woman. Jesus was not a racist. He brought the truth to the whole world. And the whole Bible speaks of Christ. He can be found on virtually ever page.
Now, I don't know this for sure, but I have a hunch that you say these things because you do not like Jews.
I love Jews. If I could I would go to Israel and kiss every Jew. The media wronged them badly. I'm free of the influence of the media, and I can see the Jews as they are: victims.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe in the words of Jesus in the Gospels. They are enough for us to be saved.
Thank you for the encouragement. :praying:
Paul established the church and gave them guide lines. But you’re right of course about Jesus words of faith. But Paul answered questions about particulars. About doctrine, about living a pure life, what was ok and what not, sexuality and such. His writings are essential to what we believe and how we live. Jesus saves us and loves us, but Paul establishes the church that continues to this day. The law is our tutor to show us our sin and what role we need the messiah to play in our lives.

Upvote 0

Rami77

Aug 15, 2023
Aden
✟9,029.00
Country
Yemen
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Paul established the church and gave them guide lines. But you’re right of course about Jesus words of faith. But Paul answered questions about particulars. About doctrine, about living a pure life, what was ok and what not, sexuality and such. His writings are essential to what we believe and how we live. Jesus saves us and loves us, but Paul establishes the church that continues to this day. The law is our tutor to show us our sin and what role we need the messiah to play in our lives.
I'm not here to change opinions. I'm here to express mine. I like that people know what I believe and accept me as I am.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome Rami! :wave:

You might enjoy these forums for further discussion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rami77

Aug 15, 2023
Aden
✟9,029.00
Country
Yemen
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Welcome Rami! :wave.

You might enjoy these forums for further discussion.

I like Exploring Christianity. Thank you. :praying:

Upvote 0