Georgia
✟8,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
HI, my name is Dan Bruce. I have been a follower of Jesus since being saved in 1950, and in an active outreach ministry to Jews since 2007 (and everyone else, but I adapt my message to appeal to Jews) on my website: goodnewsforjews.org I will spend the next few days looking around and hope to meet some of you in the comments section eventually. May God's blessings on you be abundant.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HI, my name is Dan Bruce. I have been a follower of Jesus since being saved in 1950, and in an active outreach ministry to Jews since 2007 (and everyone else, but I adapt my message to appeal to Jews) on my website: goodnewsforjews.org I will spend the next few days looking around and hope to meet some of you in the comments section eventually. May God's blessings on you be abundant.
Welcome!

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hello and welcome!

In what way to you adapt your message to appeal to Jews?

Upvote 0

Dan Bruce

Aug 8, 2023
Georgia
✟8,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By taking into account Jewish history and culture and even names. The Gospel message is the same for everyone, but it can be presented in a variety of contexts. It's what Paul meant when he said "To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews." (1 Cor. 9:20a) An interesting statement since Paul actually was a Jew, but he adapted his presentation to fit into the context of his Jewish brethren who were not knowledgeable about the ministry of Jesus and how he fulfilled the prophecies about the Messiah foretold by Moses and the prophets. The best example of what I do can be found in my book The Messiah Prophecy in the Tanakh. (Tanakh is the Jewish term for what we call the Old Testament).

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
By taking into account Jewish history and culture and even names. The Gospel message is the same for everyone, but it can be presented in a variety of contexts. It's what Paul meant when he said "To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews." (1 Cor. 9:20a) An interesting statement since Paul actually was a Jew, but he adapted his presentation to fit into the context of his Jewish brethren who were not knowledgeable about the ministry of Jesus and how he fulfilled the prophecies about the Messiah foretold by Moses and the prophets. The best example of what I do can be found in my book The Messiah Prophecy in the Tanakh. (Tanakh is the Jewish term for what we call the Old Testament).
Do you tell Jews that Jesus taught Torah observance or that he did away with the Torah?

Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

Dan Bruce

Aug 8, 2023
Georgia
✟8,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you tell Jews that Jesus taught Torah observance or that he did away with the Torah?
I tell Jewish people that Jesus mediated the New Covenant promised by Jer. 31:31-34 and that the New Covenant has fulfilled the prophecies about the Messiah who offered his blood for their atonement as foretold in the Tanakh (Isa. 53).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums