Michigan
✟77,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is the first time I got choked up during the Inauguration.

It was class act. The speech was good. The music good and it was respectful.

I was choked up for a completely different reason. I'm so glad the adults are back in charge. We're back to presidents who actually talk to the reporters instead of throwing tantrums about how mean they are.

Reactions: Guinan
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a great and arguable point, but just as Obama was not really a fiery progressive, neither is Biden. We knew this going in. I think the Democrats chose safety in Biden. Correctly. And it won. And a safe Biden presidency will be good for America.

Honestly, perhaps it's my impending Gen X senescence kicking in, but although I have been tarred by opponents as a radical Marxist atheist Commie pinko, I'm really an Obama/Biden liberal and happy to be so, and happy to get what I wanted. (almost, I was Team Kamala from day 1)

I'm a Bill Clinton liberal, and have preferred Biden in his failed campaigns and in 2016, and, of course, early this time.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I liked several of the candidates this time, but Biden had the best chance imho. It was nice to see the possibilities though.

Can I join in the fellowship here even though I'm not a Democrat or a liberal? I'm a Republican, but I don't exactly fit into the Republican/Conservative safe house threads because I don't support Trump.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Can I join in the fellowship here even though I'm not a Democrat or a liberal? I'm a Republican, but I don't exactly fit into the Republican/Conservative safe house threads because I don't support Trump.

All you have to do is change your party registration... join us...

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All you have to do is change your party registration... join us...

So, it's no then. I just thought I'd ask. Thanks anyway and I appreciate the response.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, it's no then. I just thought I'd ask. Thanks anyway and I appreciate the response.
I thought and think that anyone can post here in fellowship. This place has never been strict; it's more of a big tent place.

I'm not a Democrat, but I've been posting here without complaints against me for years. I say, "Welcome!"

• Friendly
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I liked several of the candidates this time, but Biden had the best chance imho. It was nice to see the possibilities though.
please comment on Guinan's request.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think anyone would complain as long as you are not talking against the Democratic party or advocating for a Republican candidate over the Democratic one.
This safehouse can be mellow that way.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think anyone would complain as long as you are not talking against the Democratic party or advocating for a Republican candidate over the Democratic one.
This safehouse can be mellow that way.

Thank you, FreeinChrist.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, FreeinChrist.
Fellowship posts are allowed in all "safe houses" except the Social Conservative Safe House. By rule, one must be an actual social conservative to post there.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden's issue is being a man from an age that we've moved on from socially. There's nothing morally weird about how he is around kids, it just comes across as odd because these days everyone is so paranoid about predators that hugging kids that aren't your own raises eyebrows.

I would argue it's more like hysteria. The paranoia about this is largely isolated to western culture, especially the Anglophone world. Christians put alot of baggage in sexuality and this leads to high hedges around their moral code (remember the "Pence/Billy Graham rule"?), and some take this entirely too far.

Biden has personally lost several children and that no doubt shapes his attitudes. He seems like a warm person who has learned to cherish life. That this shocks some Americans is more of a reflection on their character, not Biden's.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm intentionally quoting an old article. It will be interesting to see whether this concern turns out to be justified. It's starting to look like Biden is going to try to reprise FDR. He's going to avoid anti-capitalist and class-war rhetoric, but I think he is going to enact as many progressive policies as he can given American politics.

I believe your analysis is correct.

Alot of "progressive" policies have widespread support among the American public. The issue is that they don't always have the best spokespersons among politicians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was choked up for a completely different reason. I'm so glad the adults are back in charge. We're back to presidents who actually talk to the reporters instead of throwing tantrums about how mean they are.

I watched President Biden's Inauguration as well. I watched the Inaugural events throughout the day. I voted for him and I'm so relieved he won the election. I think there's a calm about President Biden.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I watched President Biden's Inauguration as well. I watched the Inaugural events throughout the day. I voted for him and I'm so relieved he won the election. I think there's a calm about President Biden.

As CNN said, some of us had other feelings as we contemplated that Biden was president and that Trump was gone.

[OFFICIAL VIDEO] Hallelujah - Pentatonix - YouTube

I would note that there are no muscial instruments used. All the "music" is made by the voices of the 5 singers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deviant Writer

I choose the World. I choose the Flesh.
Sep 18, 2015
Michigan
✟77,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

LOL, to be fair, most politicians seem "calm" in comparison to Trump. :D

Anyways, the inauguration featured some truly incredible songs.
We had "Colors" by Black Puma. We had the "Seasons of Love" collaboration. As much as I loved Gorman's poetry, I think that "Seasons of Love" song was the standout for me. Such unbridled JOY.

• Haha
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,308.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm beginning to wonder whether we're less likely to have bipartisan bills get through the Senate because Democrats are in control. The last stimulus package happened at the last minute, because otherwise lots of people would lose the extra unemployment coverage. Republicans had to come to some agreement or there would be a disaster, which they would be blamed for. Now that Democrats have enough votes to pass budget-related things, Republicans can avoid taking any responsibility for things needed to save the country but are opposed by the Trumpist ideologues that dominate their party.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL, to be fair, most politicians seem "calm" in comparison to Trump. :D

Yes, that's true. I'll concede on that point. I still think President Biden is the polar opposite of his predecessor though. I think it's nice to have a President who actually acts presidential again.

Upvote 0