Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How have those making $300,000 a year been adversely affected? If that is W2 income, it means they have a job and a good one at that. If that is trust income, then the stock market has done exceedingly well this past year, so again, how is covid relief needed?

How many people are paid $300,000 annually with no risk to their job security?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How many people are paid $300,000 annually with no risk to their job security?
I don't know....how many?

And what does risk have to do with any of it? The relief is supposed to go to those harmed, not those who might possibly be harmed in the future or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don't know. How many?

And what does risk have to do with any of it? The relief is supposed to go to those harmed, not those who might possibly be harmed in the future or not.

I was trying to make a point. Apparently you missed it.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
He's done nothing worthy of praise yet. I'm not going to praise a man for simply doing his job. Yes I agree with a lot of the EOs he has signed, but those are exactly that, EOs. They don't result in permanent change, and as such there is nothing worth praising about them. I don't care about temporary victories, I want long term ones.

I agree with you . Biden has not done any thing worthy creating thread and praise about him. His EO, I agree with, but is that an accomplishment?

I think after Trump’s incompetency everything seems like “accomplishment”. I was watching WH Press Briefing the other day and I felt like “ WOW what a nice way to communicate”. To be honest , I never watched a “WH Press Briefing” in my entire life, today they feel like TV hit show.

Biden’s administration secure vaccine for all Americans and media was praising him for that. Is it really a great accomplishment? Any other President before Trump would have secured vaccine for all 7 billion people on earth by now. if this pandemic would hit in 2002 or 2011, after 11 months we would be talking about how to increase vaccination in Sub-saharan Africa not Southern GA.

After Trump presidency , Biden is a fresh of breath air . But let’s not keep the bar low. We can’t praise Biden for accepting a fact that 4000 Americans dying everyday or not using Sharpie to redirect hurricane path. When he truly accomplish something we will talk. We should also criticize him when he make mistake.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I think after Trump’s incompetency everything seems like “accomplishment.”

Reversing many of Donald Trump's very dangerous executive actions obviously must be done via his own EAs. They include rejoining the WHO, Iran Nuclear Deal, and Paris Accord, which Trump backed out of via EAs. Another one - the first EO he signed - was a mask mandate on all federal properties for the first 100 days. That is the exact opposite of Trump telling everyone not to wear a mask or other PPE anywhere. So we are not talking about President Biden just using his EO power excessively to avoid involving Congress, which was too busy with more time-sensitive responsibilities anyway. After all the appointments are filled and COVID-19 stimulus package is signed into law, Biden can move forward on everything else that really should be tackled by the legislature.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After Trump presidency , Biden is a fresh of breath air . But let’s not keep the bar low. We can’t praise Biden for accepting a fact that 4000 Americans dying everyday or not using Sharpie to redirect hurricane path. When he truly accomplish something we will talk. We should also criticize him when he make mistake.
He's been in office one month ...

• Agree
Reactions: GodLovesCats
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
. Biden can move forward on everything else that really should be tackled by the legislature.

Next is the BigBackBetter jobs bills that will be primarily about infrastructure, job training, and climate change. The initial idea is for about $2T. It could end up being less, or more, depending on compromises WITHIN the Democratic Party. As with COVID relief, this will be done with 50 votes.

What folks don't understand is that there is very large automatic reduction in Medicare and Medicaid that happens with each of these bills. Both Republicans and Democrats have automatically reversed this dire effect in the past. This time, the battle lines will be drawn. It seems likely that filibuster will go within a year.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
EvotonLXYAMyvrc

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As my favorite coach says. "it is what is".

Why are you surprised?

Well, this is unfortunate: apparently, the CPAC stage is accidentally the same shape, the Odal rune, that was used by the Nazi SS.

Copy-of-Rating-Overlay-Vertical-3.jpg

Oops. :eek:

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As my favorite coach says. "it is what is".

Why are you surprised?
There is no evidence that this was deliberate, so it is just funny.

Not funny, but highly ironic, was that the woman who got trampled to death at the insurrection riot was wrapped in a "Don't Tread on Me" flag.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...28eb5c-9d36-11eb-b7a8-014b14aeb9e4_story.html

So, Mr. Trump charged the Secret Service more than $40,000 to rent a room at Mar-A-Lago since leaving office up until the end of April. We don't know whether or how much he will be charging them for Bedminster.

Well, I got to wondering what happens to his SS protection should he go to prison. Has there been any precedence for that?

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There is no evidence that this was deliberate, so it is just funny.

Not funny, but highly ironic, was that the woman who got trampled to death at the insurrection riot was wrapped in a "Don't Tread on Me" flag.

Lack of evidence does not mean it must have been a coincidence. Connecting the dots is easy to do when the media is already comparing Donald Trump supporters to Nazis.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
So, Mr. Trump charged the Secret Service more than $40,000 to rent a room at Mar-A-Lago since leaving office up until the end of April. We don't know whether or how much he will be charging them for Bedminster.

Well, I got to wondering what happens to his SS protection should he go to prison. Has there been any precedence for that?

No former president has been locked up yet, thanks to Gerald Ford pardoning Richard Nixon of all crimes. I am sure the Secret Service still would give the Trump family (Melania and all of their children) the same protections.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@mark46
@Tiberius Lee
@DaisyDay
@ChristianForCats
@A_Thinker
Just putting ya'll recent posters in this thread into a notification list so ya'll get a chance to see this interesting video below:

Democrats and especially progressives (a subcategory) tend to correctly be concerned about outcomes.

I was watching something on Youtube the other day while doing some tasks and then this below automatically played next, even though I don't think I've tried to watch one of these NYT opinion videos, but this one turned out to be a lot more interesting than typical opinion pieces.

By far.

I think it's got some really interesting things to think about (and also for me provoked a realization about an entirely different implication unrelated to the video but quite interesting, which I'll put in another post).

Enjoy, and include me in your discussions and/or watch for another post I'll make related to it.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@mark46
@Tiberius Lee
@DaisyDay
@ChristianForCats
@A_Thinker
Just putting ya'll recent posters in this thread into a notification list so ya'll get a chance to see this interesting video below:

Democrats and especially progressives (a subcategory) tend to correctly be concerned about outcomes.

I was watching something on Youtube the other day while doing some tasks and then this below automatically played next, even though I don't think I've tried to watch one of these NYT opinion videos, but this one turned out to be a lot more interesting than typical opinion pieces.

By far.

I think it's got some really interesting things to think about (and also for me provoked a realization about an entirely different implication unrelated to the video but quite interesting, which I'll put in another post).

Enjoy, and include me in your discussions and/or watch for another post I'll make related to it.

The video is interesting, but you seem to have missed altogether the idea of "safe house". If you were to review and heed the statement of purpose you would avoid this faux pas in the future. This place is for fellowship, not debate. Perhaps you should start a thread in a more appropriate forum with this video.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The video is interesting, but you seem to have missed altogether the idea of "safe house". If you were to review and heed the statement of purpose you would avoid this faux pas in the future. This place is for fellowship, not debate. Perhaps you should start a thread in a more appropriate forum with this video.

If you and I agree there should be more books in the school library...

Then we agree.

And then if 2 years later, there aren't any more books in the library, then we should care about that and discuss it.

Because we agree. for fellowship, not debate.

This video shows the virtue (or aim) of democrats that take their ideals seriously, and want to create the good outcomes.

Those that care about what is good care about outcomes.

Like Democratic voters for instance that speak these ideals.

It's an especially pro-Democrat video really, and I feel it's good to post it here, and also want to hear others that agree with Democrat ideals like me discuss it.

What do you think? How can we do better at accomplishing our ideals when we have in legislative majorities that are thought to agree to those ideals?

Last edited:
Upvote 0