• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Democratic Safe House

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by PACKY, Jun 20, 2014.

1. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist CF Advisory team Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+7,778
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    wow!

2. mark kennedy

mark kennedy Natura non facit saltum Supporter

+4,991
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I don't know if Democrats can win the House but it seems to me they will gain seats. The real problem is in the Senate but they fail on tax reform and it's a different ballgame.

3. FreeinChrist

+7,778
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Dems a BIG night last night!
    They flipped a 32 seat GOP advantage in the Virginia House. They had gains all over the place. Now they will be more in control of redrawing the lines in Virginia.

Washington:
    Democrats In Washington State Win Full Control Of Government
    Washington State Dems have control of the government in that state.

:clap:

4. mark kennedy

+4,991
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    There's one for the record books. Vote Democrat vote often.

5. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+1,770
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    This is a sincere question. What is it with the obsession with Secretary Clinton that the conservative members seem to have? It feels like she is brought up in literally every single thread in the News or Politics forum.

6. mark kennedy

+4,991
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Bill Clinton was absolutely hammered by the GOP, careers of the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly were made based on going after him. It plays well with the right and if they keep the attention on her, people don't pay as much attention to Trump.

7. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+6,861
    Unitarian
    Married
    It helps to have a target to focus on - she's it - their epitome of all things evil, if you listen to conservative talk radio.

8. mark46

mark46 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,246
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Agreed.

Hating Clinton won in 2016 over hating Trump.

BTW, Pelosi will be the likely beacon for 2018.

9. szechuan

szechuan Newbie

+1,004
    Agnostic
    Private
    Donald Trump is gonna start more war with the middle east without a doubt. Conservatives also lied as many times as possible siding with conspiracy theorists as well claiming Hillary is the worst candidate either when the opposite is clearly true.

10. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+6,861
    Unitarian
    Married
    You say that like it's a bad thing...Americans love war and their war-time leaders. Strength! Might!

Ah well, we're in a post-fact age, I'm told.

11. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+11,192
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Every hero needs a villain.

12. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+6,861
    Unitarian
    Married
  13. mark kennedy

+4,991
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Fear the alt right

14. Hetta

Hetta I'll find my way home

+4,682
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    US-Democrat
    The evil within.

15. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+6,179
    Lutheran
    Private
  16. FreeinChrist

+7,778
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Well, looks like the Nunes memo is yet just another way to obstruct the Russia investigation.
    Trump on Nunes memo: It’s a distraction!

President Donald Trump is telling friends that he believes the release of the controversial GOP-drafted House Intelligence Committee memo alleging abuse by the FBI and Department of Justice will help derail the ongoing Russia investigation.

In recent phone conversations with allies, Trump has expressed that releasing the memo would reveal a bias by both the FBI and the Justice Department against him and will therefore help delegitimize the ongoing special counsel investigation into his campaign's alleged ties to the Russian government, two sources told CNN.

I was thinking that but the reporting above confirms it. He is trying to avoid being interviewed by Mueller and is getting desperate.

17. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+6,861
    Unitarian
    Married
    What's particularly weird about Donald's hatred for the Justice Dept. is that it is his Justice Dept, with his own hand-picked heads of all departments. Poor baby, can't win.

18. FreeinChrist

+7,778
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I think Trump is worried. Rosenstein and Wray are Republicans and his appointees - and he is attacking them.

It bothers me that we have Trumps and some in the Republican party attacking the FBI while this week, the head of the CIA met with the heads of Russian intelligence and it was kept secret. We find out from Russian press.

19. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+2,474
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    The top is going to come off this fairly soon I think. Either Trump overplays his hand and tries to shut down the investigation in which case there will be a political volcano erupt, or Mueller will charge more people in which case the Republicans attempts to derail the investigation fail yet again. It feels like we're approaching boiling point.

20. szechuan

szechuan Newbie

+1,004
    Agnostic
    Private
    I don't understand the difference between the "Political Christians" section over this Section. Can anybody clarify the main differences for me?